Clothing Trading Depot: Get rid of those double drops for new swag!

Ledia

14 hours ago, JohnConnor said:

I have got a question, for those really common shirts that is sold 0.03 on the market, which way is more beneficial? Sell it on the market or trade 9 for a higher tier?

It really depends on your luck. The easiest way is to check how much you will get for 9 commons on steam market (0,09 in most cases) and then check if there are any classies for that (or lower) price. If  not, then Trade Inn is cheaper choice. Cheaper, which doesn't mean better in this case, because you'll get random skin instead of the one you want. Buut... There is a chance to get higher tier skin, people say that you can even get elegant while scrapping commons (don't count on that tho).
 In my opinion, the best way is to get 4 skins every week (obviously) and stockpile on them. There is a tiny chance you'll get the one you want for free! If there are some skins you really want just check trade topics (like this one) daily to find nice offers or make your own post with your own offer! :) You can also try Steam Market. On higher tier items trading Steam Market really beats Trade Inn, unless you really count on your luck (really, don't do that). Or if you want that cool, expensive as heck Wendy skin, just like 1 more million people do - then there is no help.

11 minutes ago, Maslak said:

It really depends on your luck. The easiest way is to check how much you will get for 9 commons on steam market (0,09 in most cases) and then check if there are any classies for that (or lower) price. If  not, then Trade Inn is cheaper choice. Cheaper, which doesn't mean better in this case, because you'll get random skin instead of the one you want. Buut... There is a chance to get higher tier skin, people say that you can even get elegant while scrapping commons (don't count on that tho).
 In my opinion, the best way is to get 4 skins every week (obviously) and stockpile on them. There is a tiny chance you'll get the one you want for free! If there are some skins you really want just check trade topics (like this one) daily to find nice offers or make your own post with your own offer! :) You can also try Steam Market. On higher tier items trading Steam Market really beats Trade Inn, unless you really count on your luck (really, don't do that). Or if you want that cool, expensive as heck Wendy skin, just like 1 more million people do - then there is no help.

This part on the trade inn being cheaper... do you consider it a better choice (ignoring the randomness) in this case? I'm a bit confused, sorry. I simply wonder whether I should burn my gear in its bowels or make friends with the market.

8 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

This part on the trade inn being cheaper... do you consider it a better choice (ignoring the randomness) in this case? I'm a bit confused, sorry. I simply wonder whether I should burn my gear in its bowels or make friends with the market.

The first paragraph?
As I pointed out, the Trade Inn is cheaper only if you can't get classy item by selling 9 commons on Steam Market and then, using earned pennies, buying classy item. Why? Because Trade Inn will take your 9 commons and give you guarranted classy item (or higher tier one, but we're not discussing that case right now). So that's a cheaper way when there are no classies on market costing the same amount of money (or less) you got from selling 9 commons. (usually you get 0,09). BUT Trade Inn will give you random item, almost always not the one you want. It also applies to higher tier items, like getting rid of 9 spiffies to get distinguished item, but in these cases Steam Market is better choice 99% of the time, because you can get better tier item by selling lower amount than 9 of tier-lower items. Usually.

So:
Trade Inn is better choice when:
1. Math is against you. Money you get from selling 9 items isn't enough to buy 1 tier higher item.
2. You don't want exact, specific item. You just want random one, the tier is only thing you care about.

To be honest, the second point is kinda dumb, because usually you want exact, specific item (like classy driving gloves), not random classy item. In general, Trade Inn is all about gambling. It's also help for users suffering from trade escrows. The Steam Market is pretty garbage with escrow, you just can't use it right, unless you set much higher price (when buying) or much lower price (when selling). If you don't, there is no thing like guarranted purchase/selling. Of course, they can trade with other users, but not everyone has the item they want and not everyone is ok with escrow.

EDIT:
It took me some time to write that, so I forgot that you asked question ;_;
By totally ignoring randomness you mean that you want to get some classies but you don't care what items they'll be, right? If I understand correctly... The rules I wrote also apply. You just need to sum up price of your commons (the amount you get, not the whole amount. Klei and Gaben needs money, too) and then check how much classies you can buy for that. If you can buy at least 1/9 the number of commons you sold, than it's better way than Trade Inn. If not, Inn is better choice. But again, counting all this stuff and searching for the cheapest classy (usually you don't search because you want exact, specified item) can be tedious. It's up to you, I think.

On 10/20/2016 at 8:53 PM, Maslak said:

The first paragraph?
As I pointed out, the Trade Inn is cheaper only if you can't get classy item by selling 9 commons on Steam Market and then, using earned pennies, buying classy item. Why? Because Trade Inn will take your 9 commons and give you guarranted classy item (or higher tier one, but we're not discussing that case right now). So that's a cheaper way when there are no classies on market costing the same amount of money (or less) you got from selling 9 commons. (usually you get 0,09). BUT Trade Inn will give you random item, almost always not the one you want. It also applies to higher tier items, like getting rid of 9 spiffies to get distinguished item, but in these cases Steam Market is better choice 99% of the time, because you can get better tier item by selling lower amount than 9 of tier-lower items. Usually.

So:
Trade Inn is better choice when:
1. Math is against you. Money you get from selling 9 items isn't enough to buy 1 tier higher item.
2. You don't want exact, specific item. You just want random one, the tier is only thing you care about.

To be honest, the second point is kinda dumb, because usually you want exact, specific item (like classy driving gloves), not random classy item. In general, Trade Inn is all about gambling. It's also help for users suffering from trade escrows. The Steam Market is pretty garbage with escrow, you just can't use it right, unless you set much higher price (when buying) or much lower price (when selling). If you don't, there is no thing like guarranted purchase/selling. Of course, they can trade with other users, but not everyone has the item they want and not everyone is ok with escrow.

EDIT:
It took me some time to write that, so I forgot that you asked question ;_;
By totally ignoring randomness you mean that you want to get some classies but you don't care what items they'll be, right? If I understand correctly... The rules I wrote also apply. You just need to sum up price of your commons (the amount you get, not the whole amount. Klei and Gaben needs money, too) and then check how much classies you can buy for that. If you can buy at least 1/9 the number of commons you sold, than it's better way than Trade Inn. If not, Inn is better choice. But again, counting all this stuff and searching for the cheapest classy (usually you don't search because you want exact, specified item) can be tedious. It's up to you, I think.

Thanks a lot. Cool formatting too! I'm slowly getting acquainted with the market.

I'm looking to trade away my duplicates to complete my Common & Classy collections.  Thanks in advance to anyone who helps out!

Only Accepting:

• 1:1 Same Rarity Trades (i.e. Common for Common and Classy for Classy)
  • Trades with Steam Mobile Authenticator Active (i.e. No 15-day trade holds)

The lists in the spoiler tags below should update itself every once in a while.

EDIT (10/30/16):  My Common collection is now complete.  I was also lucky enough to have 2 Glommy Guises drop, so now also looking to 1:1 trade my extra for a different Distinguished Halloween Costume (i.e. Catty Costume, Cheeky Chester Costume, or Hutch Disguise).

EDIT #2 (11/01/16):  My duplicate Glommy Guise has been traded.

EDIT #3 (12/27/16):  My Classy collection is now also complete!  Thank you to everyone that helped me finish both collections. 

Skins Needed:

Spoiler

unowned

Skins Up For Trade:

Spoiler

duplicates

Steam Trade Link:

Spoiler

trade

2 hours ago, Kittydub said:

I have a double frayed finery if anyone wants it. 

I want nothing for it, up for grabs. 

https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=218779110&token=abn1yKVC

Edit: Aaaaand it's gone ^^ 

1 hour ago, Kittydub said:

Have an extra battered body case too. First come, first serve. 

I want nothing! 

CLEAN INVENTORY DAY!

You would not find a good home for the DS definition of sex appeal, would you? Because with skins, I can never give you a gift before you get it...

25 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

You would not find a good home for the DS definition of sex appeal, would you? Because with skins, I can never give you a gift before you get it...

The DS definition of sex appeal.. I'd love to get my hands on that! 

On 23/10/2016 at 1:38 PM, Instant-Noodles said:

I'm looking to trade away my duplicates to complete my Common & Classy collections.  Thanks in advance to anyone who helps out!

Only Accepting:

• 1:1 Same Rarity Trades (i.e. Common for Common and Classy for Classy)
  • Trades with Steam Mobile Authenticator Active (i.e. No 15-day trade holds)

The lists in the spoiler tags below should update itself every once in a while.

EDIT:  My Common collection is now complete.  I was also lucky enough to have 2 Glommy Guises drop, so now also looking to 1:1 trade my extra for a different Distinguished Halloween Costume (i.e. Catty Costume, Cheeky Chester Costume, or Hutch Disguise).

EDIT #2:  My duplicate Glommy Guise has been traded.

Skins Needed:

Hide contents

unowned

Skins Up For Trade:

Hide contents

duplicates

Steam Trade Link:

Hide contents

trade

My black cardigan for your canadian boots? 
https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=128617314&token=yggcx2aV

I can't access to your trade link so I left mine

4 hours ago, Kittydub said:

The DS definition of sex appeal.. I'd love to get my hands on that! 

Do you think I'm special? Do you think I'm nice? Am I bright enough to shine in your spaces? - Wes after Charlie took over and he got his voice back.

LOVE MY BABY!!! Missing him already, use him!!!

Now you've got to switch to Wes entirely. Unless you want to keep him for a bit for screenies and then drop back home. That's fine too :angel:

31 minutes ago, Kittydub said:

Rejected is a bit harsh haha :p I have Survivor Wes in my inventory somewhere if I am not mistaken, I promise I will try him!

SUCCESS! I PERSUADED HER THROUGH PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, ERR, INSISTENCE AND COMPASSION!

I can't believe I actually have to say this. -.-

I don't want to get rid of all my skins. I offered some stuff I have dupes of because I already have all the skins in that category. And I don't want anything for them for the exact same reason.

STOP sending me Trading offers for my Survivor and GoH skins and heads without offering me anything because apparently some people assume I am 'that nice'. I AM NOT OFFERING ANYTHING ELSE BESIDES THE ITEMS I OFFER IN HERE. NOW JUST STOP! It's rude.

10 minutes ago, Kittydub said:

I can't believe I actually have to say this. -.-

I don't want to get rid of all my skins. I offered some stuff I have dupes of because I already have all the skins in that category. And I don't want anything for them for the exact same reason.

STOP sending me Trading offers for my Survivor and GoH skins and heads without offering me anything because apparently some people assume I am 'that nice'. I AM NOT OFFERING ANYTHING ELSE BESIDES THE ITEMS I OFFER IN HERE. NOW JUST STOP! It's rude.

Block them. Block them all. You deserve the best, not such treatment. I refuse to sit back.

1 minute ago, Arlesienne said:

Block them. Block them all. You deserve the best, not such treatment. I refuse to sit back.

I'm not a fan of blocking people for all eternity. I maybe should have made it more clear I guess. I'm just done with all the notifications now and I hope this ends it. If it doesn't well.. Then I'm back to selling my dupes instead of giving them away. We'll see.

1 minute ago, Kittydub said:

I'm not a fan of blocking people for all eternity. I maybe should have made it more clear I guess. I'm just done with all the notifications now and I hope this ends it. If it doesn't well.. Then I'm back to selling my dupes instead of giving them away. We'll see.

When people react rudely to you, you have the right to protect yourself. You're only disallowing them to hurt you.

I had to block four people in my entire career on Steam and the sheer fact of blocking cost me way too much heart than it ought to have. So when people don't heed the basic decency rules... don't let them hurt you.

PS Did they write anything in the box? Sometimes the people I traded and played with send me an offer for my stuff with a note "Anything you'd take for this? Cheers!". To counter it.

13 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

When people react rudely to you, you have the right to protect yourself. You're only disallowing them to hurt you.

I had to block four people in my entire career on Steam and the sheer fact of blocking cost me way too much heart than it ought to have. So when people don't heed the basic decency rules... don't let them hurt you.

PS Did they write anything in the box? Sometimes the people I traded and played with send me an offer for my stuff with a note "Anything you'd take for this? Cheers!". To counter it.

Nothing in the boxes. Sometimes a 'I would like to get your *skin*' and then nothing. It just makes me feel bad. But you're right. I shouldn't just take this because I am a nice person. Thanks :)

5 minutes ago, Kittydub said:

Nothing in the boxes. Sometimes a 'I would like to get your *skin*' and then nothing. It just makes me feel bad. But you're right. I shouldn't just take this because I am a nice person. Thanks :)

There is nothing you need to thank me for. There are manners to be followed, yes, but the infuriating thing is that a lovely person with a strong altruistic streak had to face such... such... nearly emotional blackmail (because you sound like feeling bad about refusing them). Just think of what makes you happy please. And if I can do anything, just tell me please.

9 hours ago, Walter0 said:

Hello. I don't even know what to do with all this stuff! Trade INN? Sell? Trade? 

Help!

trade.JPG

Hmm... You could trade the market or the trade inn.

18 minutes ago, isthisworkingnow said:

I'm looking to get rid of my Distinguished Shadow Dress. If you want it please make an offer. Thanks 

Do you have Steam Guard? What is your trading link? Anything you are looking for?

Archived