Melon on a Stick  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yes.
    • Yes.

As you watch your friend sleep in the tent, it suddenly ignites and they're roasted alive, screaming for minutes. A Wilson walks into the base and stares in horror at the mess where bits of flesh have melted to the sticks. He then turns to face you and asks why, why didn't you help the poor victim?

And you, staring straight ahead with unblinking eyes, whisper, 

"Bro I got a melon on a stick" as you wave your glorious treasure in front of his face.

You then get kicked from the server almost immediately the end.

As you watch your friend sleep in the tent, it suddenly ignites and they're roasted alive, screaming for minutes. A Wilson walks into the base and stares in horror at the mess where bits of flesh have melted to the sticks. He then turns to face you and asks why, why didn't you help the poor victim?

And you, staring straight ahead with unblinking eyes, whisper, 

"Bro I got a melon on a stick" as you wave your glorious treasure in front of his face.

You then get kicked from the server almost immediately the end.

I laughed so @#$%ing hard at this...

• Developer

Melon on a STIIIIIICK

MELOOOOOOOOOOOON

ON A STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

You better believe...

This marvelous thiiiiiiiing...

Will actually be implemented in the game

AND IT WON'T BE ON A WHIIIIIIIIIM

I don't know why I'm rhyming this...

Neither why I yelled back there...

But one thing I know!

ADD A MELON, KLEI, PLEASE, DON'T MAKE US PULL OUR HAIR... out.

OVER THIS THING...

THIS MARVELOUS CREATION...

ADD THIS TO THE GAAAAAAAME!

MAKE IT A NATION! (or not, your choice)

WITH THIS VERSE I'LL CONCLUDE...

THIS HORRIBLE SOOOOONG...

THAT ONLY GOT GOOG

BECAUSE OF THE MELOOOOOOOOOOON!

Melon on a stick. Yeah.

Thanks everybody, I'm the melon singer and I'm here from Mondays to Mondays, no exceptions.

It is a complete waste of time, and a ridiculous idea.

In all seriousness, there are no aesthetic items. The straw hat used to be (sort of) It's not like it ruins the game. Why not have it for those who want it? It could cause some laughs.

Old Bell?
nope, all it does is flood a bunch of chests from my glommer hunting adventures and never do anything.

To be clearer, I guess, there's no aesthetic apparel. Everything has a durability a/o specific use.
doesn't mean they're not aesthetic. Just means that they're not useless aside from aesthetic. Look at Better Than Wolves(Minecraft's better looking and smarter son) for example, there's hardly any item or block there that is there just for aesthetic reasons, and when there is, it's mostly a remnant of Minecraft (before FC got axe-happy) or some inside joke(like the Golden Dung). Things that are there just for being there are boring. They need either a purpose or a meaning.

A.) nope, all it does is flood a bunch of chests from my glommer hunting adventures and never do anything.

B.) They need either a purpose or a meaning.

A.) That just makes them tools you don't use.

B.) It does have a meaning. It symbolizes a bloody battle for laughter, and leaving one's MarkL on the history of Don't Starve. It also has a purpose. Allowing you to go up to people and be like Bro I got a melon on a stick.

A.) That just makes them tools you don't use.
nope it's useless. Because I say they are. They do nothing. When I examine it, Wendy says "This thing sucks and should die". Not even Krampus wants it.

Want a better purpose other than this?
would be nice. 

• Developer
nope it's useless. Because I say they are. They do nothing. When I examine it, Wendy says "This thing sucks and should die". Not even Krampus wants it.

You greatly offended me as a quote writer, implying Wendy would say something like that...

would be nice. 

Not really, I agree with Tater, we need moreaesthetic items, not everything in this game needs an actual use, I'd like some items that could be used for fun and giggles. 

You greatly offended me as a quote writer, implying Wendy would say something like that...
I am actually working in changing all of the characters observations on the bell to insult it somehow. The Things we do when we're bored... 

• Developer

I am actually working in changing all of the characters observations on the bell to insult it somehow. The Things we do when we're bored...

Hmm... it could be a little bit more in-character, sonething like "This item is as unimportant to me as my heart." or something like that...

Also, I'm still not used to your new profile pic... ARGH! BRAIN, REMEMBER, THAT'S RALPH!

Hmm... it could be a little bit more in-character, sonething like "This item is as unimportant to me as my heart." or something like that...
gah, creativity. I cannot.

ARGH! BRAIN, REMEMBER, THAT'S RALPH!
IT'S RAINBOW RALPH NOW. 

This reminds me of the good old posts about bacon and potato churches, the hunt for the pelontrix, and the great days of demanding multiplayer threads.

Those were the days.

The days of chaos and spam, but still.

Archived