Welcome to Don't Starve Together!

Wait, so if you bought(through STEAM) Don't Starve before June 3rd, but then received and redeemed a gift copy from a friend who bought a bundle(through STEAM), Would you receive a giftable copy of DST for owning the base game before June 3rd? Or not since you already had a copy of DST on your STEAM account? Does redeeming a gift count as buying DST? Basically, would you or would you not receive an a additional copy of DST that you could gift to a friend?

So I have a question. If my friend didn't purchase don't starve, but he was gifted it and he owned if way before june 3rd will he a get the free copy of don't starve together? Because ya'll said in the post when you anounced it would be free to "anyone who OWNED if before june 3rd" not any who bought it. So I'm just confused.

Basically, would you or would you not receive an a additional copy of DST that you could gift to a friend?

There's no extra DST copy. Everyone who's eligible for a free copy who doesn't already have it will receive one. But those who bought or received a DST key and already activated it before June 3 won't get an extra copy.

While I appreciate that DRM-free customers of DS get a DST steam key, I sincerely hope that fully DRM-free version of DST will happen. I don't like the prospect of being dependent on 3rd party service that we don't have control of - if steam ever flops/changes rules unacceptably, we're out of DST or need to RE it to keep functionality? Really, developers should learn from mistakes of the past... (like games4windows, and other sh*t that lured devs into depending on someone's else services for providing product's continued existence)

/Estel

After June 3, will new purchases of Don’t Starve get Don’t Starve Together for free? No, we are only gifting a free copy of Don’t Starve Together on June 3rd. This means that June 2nd was the last day to qualify to receive Don’t Starve Together by purchasing Don’t Starve. After this date, there will no longer be a loyalty discount to upgrade to Don’t Starve Together as well.

Well ****. That'll teach me not to read... Just bought some copies of DS for friends to play multiplayer, and just assumed the change would be for everyone going forward.

Hi there !

I bought don't starve a year ago or so but nothing was added to my library yet.
Is it supposed to be added tonight or is it supposed already available ?

I mean I still have Don't Starve Together Beta but no trace of Don't starve together.

They've said they want to do this, but right now with it still under a lot of development (it's still beta/early access, even though it's been "released" to DS owners), it's a bit dependent on Steam. It doesn't seem like a DRM-free version will come out by "official release", but it will probably be something they look into right afterwards.

@Abassy, If he's on the ground when you go crazy, he'll help you out a bit.

So i just have to wait :)

I still have the game and RoG to play with after all ^^

Hi there !

I bought don't starve a year ago or so but nothing was added to my library yet.

Is it supposed to be added tonight or is it supposed already available ?

I mean I still have Don't Starve Together Beta but no trace of Don't starve together.

DST is still in early access so it should still be labeled as a beta but as I understand it, just as with don't starve, when it launches the beta will just be removed from the name. The beta is the game. Hope that made sense.

So me and a friend both bought DST the day it got released on steam. but we never got a free copy of it? how do we get that? read the part where it said

"Don't Starve Together was added to the original purchase of Don't Starve. This means, that if you purchased Don't Starve at any time before June 3rd, Don't Starve Together is included with your purchase. If you purchased Don't Starve Together separately before June 3rd, you were given an extra copy of DST at that time, and you will not be given another key for Don't Starve Together. "

So me and a friend both bought DST the day it got released on steam. but we never got a free copy of it? how do we get that? read the part where it said

"Don't Starve Together was added to the original purchase of Don't Starve. This means, that if you purchased Don't Starve at any time before June 3rd, Don't Starve Together is included with your purchase. If you purchased Don't Starve Together separately before June 3rd, you were given an extra copy of DST at that time, and you will not be given another key for Don't Starve Together. "

Just so we're clear, what's supposed to happen is, if you get DST (not Don't Starve), you get 1 copy that is attached to your account. The other copy goes to your steam inventory.

I had bought don't starve but I signed up for the beta and got a key that way. Does this mean Im getting another key? Not trying to be greedy by any means I was just hopping to give it a friend but I dont mind the what 15 bucks? Love the game love the devs

I had bought don't starve but I signed up for the beta and got a key that way. Does this mean Im getting another key? Not trying to be greedy by any means I was just hopping to give it a friend but I dont mind the what 15 bucks? Love the game love the devs

If you already have a DST key from signing up for the beta, the frontier pack, a gift, or any other means possible, you won't receive another key for owning Don't starve. You only get the free key if you owned don't starve but in no way owned DST before June 3.

The FAQ mentions keys, but what about gift copies of Dont Starve sitting in my Steam inventory? Are they treated as an existing key? Or are they different because they haven't been redeemed yet?

Any gift copy that was purchased before June 3rd will include DST with the copy of Don't Starve. Once the giftable copy is used, it will just add DST to the library as well as Don't Starve Together. 

If you already have a DST key from signing up for the beta, the frontier pack, a gift, or any other means possible, you won't receive another key for owning Don't starve. You only get the free key if you owned don't starve but in no way owned DST before June 3.

Ok thanks again no worries I did already get 2 from the sign up so ya. But Im more than happy to have just that. It was just a bit unclear to me.

When Through the Ages is coming out? This month? Next?

They don't have a release date yet, they're still working on implementing caves at the moment and I think through the ages may have taken a back seat to getting all the original content up and running. Updates come out fairly regularly though and as soon as they have a more definitive date they'll let us know I'm sure.

Out of curiosity, what is the expected time to wait for a DST key for DS owners that bought it through gog.com and contacted support as requested?

I've send my gog.com DS keys two days ago, no response so far (not even "automatic response, we got your message and are proceeding...). I don't have anything against waiting a bit if that's required, I'm rather worried if it is proceeded at all - or redirected to /dev/null by some vicious shadow creature ;)

/Estel

// Edit

10 minutes after I've written it, a DST code appeared in my inbox... Magic ;) Or just Science. Either way, thank you!

Out of curiosity, what is the expected time to wait for a DST key for DS owners that bought it through gog.com and contacted support as requested?

When Klei makes DST less compatible to Steam. It is very reliant on it right now. It might be a while.

After that is possibly the Console Versions. 

DST will have all of the RoG content. If you own RoG you will be able to use the content in singleplayer, but multiplayer games will have access to it. 

They hinted at something special for owners of RoG in Don't Starve Together, I believe. Maybe exclusive skins or something? 

are there infos for the bold text? i saw this hint too... but i think it was 2 month ago when they added the RoG to dst. now everyone can play RoG (for single player, just host a server just for you) and those who paid for neraly have no benefit from buying

now everyone can play RoG (for single player, just host a server just for you) and those who paid for neraly have no benefit from buying

No word on this. But DST is still in beta, maybe they'll follow through after all the floodgates-open-madness dies down.

I was gifted my copy of Don't Starve before June 3rd, and I was also gifted an extra copy of Dont Starve Together by another friend. Can I still get the extra copy of Dont Starve Together to give to a friend, or does it automatically go to the friend who gifted me Dont Starve, or do I have to claim it somehow? Thanks. 

rve Together to give to a friend, or does it automatically go to the friend who gifted me Dont Starve, or do I have to claim it somehow? Thanks. 

If any player already had Don't Starve Together in their library they do not and will not receive another copy of Don't Starve Together. If a player ONLY had Don't Starve in their library on the 3rd of June they were given Don't Starve Together. 

If ya had DST already ya get nothing.

Archived