"Invincible" Inc. Builds?

Anyone run through Endless Plus modes with a team they feel just can't be beat??  I'm currently pretty deep into Endless Plus (ironman) mode with a team that just feels unstoppable.  Here's what I'm running:

Incognita -- I LOVE this setup, but a major weakness does occur when you need something disabled NOW with very limited power

-Fusion

-Parasite v2.0

-Data Blast

-Hunter

-Wrench v5.0

I really love "Leash", and using Parasite v1.0 also, but opted not to go with them this time around

Internationale -- Augments that boost AP, give chameleon on stim usage, and power per turn.  I use her as my console grabber and scout...she gets in and out of tough spots, and moves incredibly fast for me

-Neural Disrupter III (x2)

-Stim III (x3)

-EMP III

-Paralyzer III

-Buster Chip III

Sharp -- I had to try this guy out, and he is an absolute BA!  Augments that give armor pen, +KO damage, extra movement when cloaked.  He plays as a bruiser, dragger/pinner, and a team support with cloaking

-Cloaking Rig III (x3)

-Stim III

-Buster Chip III

My next 2 agents I got incredibly lucky in detention centers with, as I love both:

Nika -- The IDGAF agent.  Augments used to boost ranged pen, melee pen, and use power to avoid raising alarm on kills.  When stuff hits the fan, she is the one that goes in and cleans up.  She's usually the one carrying other random items for me

-Neural Disrupter III

-Volt Disrupter III

-Flurry Gun (x2)

-Buster Chip III

Dr. Xu -- My favorite agent on this build, he's a LOT of fun to use, as I use him 100% defensively.  I use him to camp at either the starting location or the exit location (if found quickly), and set up portable servers and trap himself inside with shock traps :-)  He can COMPLETELY lock down reinforcement hubs if door traps are placed properly.  Augments are used to boost power per turn. 

-Neural Disrupter III

-Shock Trap III (x3)

-Paralyzer III (x3) <---one is given to him after the servers are placed

-Portable Server III (x2)

I love this team...I don't fight unless I have to.  But if I do, I try dragging things back to Dr. Xu so he can keep them sedated and keep the reinforcements down lol. 

If you guys have any builds or strategies of your "Invincible" Inc. team, I'd love to hear 'em!  This game rocks!

That's a very nice build. I find that endless late game has lots of room for different builds. My first one was very similar to yours. My second one seems to be doing much better and it's only a 3 man team. 

As of now I just have Control, Internationale, and Xu. 

Control is actually essential late game because the amount of Daemons you encounter is absurd. You will never be able to destroy them all, and in a tight spot you will have to bite the bullet. I've found that Control, Internationale, Fire & Brimstone are a lethal combination that will have you swimming in power every round. 

My Incognita lineup could be better but this is pretty optimal for any situation I'm currently handling:

Faust

Fire & Brimstone

Oracle

Dagger 2.0

(Forgot the name, AOE 8 tiles 1 firewall 3 pwr)

Out of my last 5 missions, this happened twice:

Start mission with daemon installed on every system - use oracle - lose 4 pwr, gain 5 - 2-5 cameras revealed from start (all that i could). Also, on the missions where you start at 3 alarm level, Oracle can activate about twice as many cameras (cameras activate on lvl 1)

All this just points to the late game significance of Oracle. 

Now, that is synergy enough, but once you install Net Downlink, you can pretty much start each round with +2-6 AP depending on your hacking habits. But, with enough power from hacking daemon infested devices, you need not worry. 

The AOE is the clincher, this is how you hack anywhere from 1 to 8 devices all at once. the maximum you can hack with 20 pwr, is 6 firewalls, you will eventually come to this situation. However, they will not all likely be the same firewall level, and maybe the lower ones (like a sound bug with a level 2 firewall) has a daemon on it. That's extra power you get for hacking!

You have to alter your play style significantly for builds like this. They are extremely powerful, but only from certain angles. If you failed to see the opportunity the build provided you, then that build will not help you. One has to understand the game mechanics properly in order to take advantage of the most sophisticated builds.

Honestly, I don't even need Xu at this point, I'd much rather have Nika. Shalom is a useless jailbreak. Banks would be a good rescue too. Those are the only 4 people I've ever broken out though.

As far are bought augments go, these are what I look for all the time:

Predictive brawling (6 AP on melee) <- stack's with nika's augment

Net Downlink (2 AP per hacked device, up to 6 AP)

Torque Injectors (reduces item cooldown)

Those are the max that you can put on any other character than the guy with 6 slots. I don't have any augments with +1 armor piercing because that can be handled by a lance. I'm fairly sure the max armor you will see that can't be taken down by an emp or hacked is 3. So you only need +1 and a +2 melee to get the job done. 

EMPs are very useful by the way and nearly replace Xu. I usually find an EMP early in the game and stick it on internationale who can equip EMP I from the start. Door traps completely ignore armor making them invaluable for those early armored guards, Control can equip these items from the start with her high Anarchy! Stim is amazing, perfect when you're in a bind, when you find cloaking and stims you need to start upgrading your speed to accommodate. 

Here's a scenario that happens every run: Internationale starts round with 12 AP, takes out a guard +6 AP, peeks into another room, uses stim +8 AP, goes into another room & peaks, sees a guard a camera and 2 vaults, hacks the camera & two vaults +6 AP (+5 power from a daemon install), switches to volt and takes out guard +6AP.

As you can see that's a total of 32 AP on that turn, and I carry 2 stims :-)  (she was half way across the map on the first turn). This isn't a theory, this happens on just about every mission now. I'm dismantling level 10 corps with just 3 people. But you have to know the game mechanics.

Yeah, that sounds like a really fun (and fast) build.  I may have to try that one of these times.  Oracle is about the ONLY incognita power I haven't used yet, I will try that out next time I play!  Regarding Oracle, does it only target cameras you DON'T have hacked already?  And does it target cameras you can't even see yet, or do you have to have sight on the cameras first?  I keep trying to make use of Ping, but it just seems too unreliable for me...I've had to trash it in every playthrough, but I really love using Leash and using total drone control to take out guards lol.

I'm assuming you mean "Central" over "Control"?  She's so fun with Faust+Brimstone, unlimited power lol.  And the aoe incognita ability is Data Blast, that's exactly what I was using, i love it!

Right now I'm randomizing playthroughs and not having a whole lotta luck, I keep getting trapped and killed within a few days.  I notice my problems ALWAYS come from setups with "Power Drip" and "Lockpick", which I absolutely hate.  Just constantly out of power with that setup.

Randomizing is a pain in the butt, but it is making things a lot more challenging for me for sure!  I keep getting archive Banks lol.  I like her Econ chip and make "Banks" with her, but the fact that she doesn't have a melee weapon makes it really difficult in the beginning.

Oracle works in a specific way and I can understand how people might not like it at first. You cannot take over cameras you already have, first of all. But also, you can only take over cameras that are active (glowing red). At alert stage 1, more cameras are activated in the level and this is when you use oracle again. 

I experimented with the Archive Banks - Monst3r duo (Monst3r starts with 3 in hacking). This is a pure econ build but it's honestly not a good build for beginners as you still have to be extra cautious until you get more speed. The thing is, most builds without Control in them will suffer late game endless (+7 days). There are just too many daemons to deal with. The daemons that actually become the worst annoyances are the power daemons as they strike at your main weakness unless you brought along servers.

The one time I used a server it didn't work... May have been a bug... Also, my first choice was Archive Internationale & Control but archive's augment seemed to not work at all (2x power per alarm level). If I had this team, I would just make them stone cold assassins and kill every guard in sight! :-D

Either way, Control's augment is the single most powerful augment late game endless in many circumstances (best with faust & fire and brimstone). If you're doing a 72 hour story campaign, she's not a great character. Personally, I would love for them to expand story mode into several more story missions and climb the difficulty higher in between.

I'm also thinking about trying an Incognita-less run. Could only do that with a very select group of agents though! It would pretty much be a search for buster chips and avoiding certain corps like the plague.

"I'm also thinking about trying an Incognita-less run. Could only do that with a very select group of agents though! It would pretty much be a search for buster chips and avoiding certain corps like the plague."

Damn, good luck with that!  I say "NO THANKS" to that!  I think Paradox is the worst daemon, b/c I play pretty defensively and quietly, I don't typically like KO'ing or killing unless I have to.  That's why I love the Parasites so much...it keeps everything on lockdown for minimal costs.

Right now I'm playing a custom endless game with very little money, very many guards, and +99 KO for lols.  It's actually more fun than I thought it was gonna be, haha.  This game is so damn fun, i'm just playing all kinds of random ways now!

Incognita :

-Seed

-Parasite v1.0

-Parasite v2.0

-Taurus

-Data Blast

Seed is the best, good for Blast and Parasite 2. Early on taurus is great, but I think I will get Hunter instead of it soon because of all-daemon missions and having lot of PWR.

Nika -- My favorite blonde SuperSonic. Predictable brawling, Melee armor pierce, Titanum Rod. Run around level like crazy with +9AP per melee attack.

-Nika Disrupter (for free zap-zap)

-Neural Disrupter II

-Stim III x1

-Cloaking Rig III

Sharp -- Hit hard. Predictable brawling, Torque Inj, Melee armor pierce, Titanum Rods. This guy dont need any paralyzers, when he hit he KO them out for good. Goes along with Nika, hit downed enemies with low KO count, blast devices, draw Credits from Consoles.

-Econ Chip

-Stim III (x2)

-EMP III (x2)

Prism -- Two words - Unlimited PoWeR. NetLink, Torque Injectors, Holo Projector. Unarmed stealther/hacker. Comes in for shielded guards, crowds and looting.

-Cloaking Rig III (x3)

-Buster Chip III (x2)

-Shock Trap III

Dr. Xu -- Walking lockpick and designated team's shooter. NetLink, Piercing Scanner, Torque injectors. Guy that disable safes and shoot problems.

-Guns

-Stim III x1

-EMP III (x2)

-Cloaking Rig III

-Portable Server III (x2)

I play aggressively, charging through level with Nika and Sharp being boosted by KOing guards and Prism/Xu keeping up by mass-hacking stuff. Lot of EMP to deal with cameras/drones/heartbeat monitors.

I may have found a new use for Nika. I just started a new endless run with her and Central (I don't know why I've been calling her Control lol). I actually found 2 flurry guns about 5 or 6 missions deep... Apparently, she can fire this gun twice while others can only fire it once. Maybe even 3 times or 4 times, I haven't tried stim III yet.

This makes Nika one of the most effective enforcers/cleaners. She also starts with a melee volt that only takes 2 power. The funniest thing is I found an Econ chip in the nano machine on the first mission and have been pumping credits into her like crazy making her into a killing machine and so far nothing stands a chance. She can kill & knock out everything at this point because I have a ventricular lance on her as well.

I'm clearing whole missions with her solo basically. Having Nika maxed seems preferable to having 4 characters with little to no upgrades/items. While more characters might seem like a no brainer from the start, it also means more people to set off alarms, get caught & get saved. 

Oh, and maxed hacking + econ chip = 300 credits minimum per console hack. I'm swimming in money right now :-)

Archived Nika might be even more broken if you combined a volt disrupter with a few Stim III's and a ventricular lance. I have to test that out...

Phew ok, so after some testing, Nika's abilities are very suitable for both early game and mid game under right conditions. The most important part of the build is the Predictive Brawling augment. Giving 6 AP (melee only) on top of her 3 AP for all attacks is spectacular. Combined with her custom volt disrupter that only costs 2 pwr, you can do some very interesting things!

I just tested this out on her, with max speed and one stim, she was able to reach a total of 45 max AP! That's without max net downlink (extra 6 AP). After that, she was literally able to make it all the way across the map. But here's the clincher, she can effectively do this on just one guard. 

The strategy is to "charge up" your AP on one guard and then scout out room after room while you move a team member in to pin down the body. This essentially lets you hack into a majority of the map before the alarm level rises too much. It's a bit of a slingshot strategy, but it's the quickest way of getting in and out of a place in true stealth, the way it was meant to be played.

Two things, you obviously need would be a Predictive Brawling augment and a lot of power. Nika's custom volt uses 2 pwr per attack which is great, so you'll be looking for a guard with no armor (Volt Disrupter III costs 5 pwr per attack). So in order to charge up AP, you need at least 4 AP (+2 for each additional stim III). So technically, you're only limited by the amount of stim III's you have.

I guess the next step is to find out how much AP Nika can get with an inventory of 7 Stim III & her custom volt disrupter... A rough calculation has me figuring around 128 AP... Would that be considered and exploit? Technically that's a super hero, right?

Yes, Nika is incredibly powerful with just her stock setup and melee weapons, but she really shines with the Flurry Gun.  You can exploit 2 kills per gun per mission with her, and you can really clear out almost an entire map with her.  I had melee and ranged pen augments on, so at any time she could do any combination of killing or KO'ing any type of guard (with the exception of the huge omni-guards before you hack/EMP their shields).  In my honest opinion, I feel she is a little too powerful, but that's how she was created.

NL6, your mention of Archive Banks and Monst3r inspired me enough to do a separate run...it's incredibly difficult right now, but largely rewarding.  I set the KO timer to +99 (with neural disrupters only), which is cheating, I know (I earned it, Expert Plus and Expert Ironman lol)...but I set the guards on high, the credits intake to low, the starting power per map AND credits at 0.  It's actually very very difficult so far, but I finally completed 3 missions and found my first neural disrupter (lol, endless KO time!).  Safes provide me with 50-80 credits only, but Banks' chip is awesome!  50-200 per hit.  It's very difficult to start off b/c of the lack of neural disrupters, and you constantly have 5-8 aggressive patrolling guards everywhere!

Banks' chip is awesome!  50-200 per hit.

The synergy in that strategy is that Monst3r starts with 3 in hacking which makes him a better candidate for the econ chip. The trouble with this strat is that it's a bit more risky and it might not end up being worth it in the long run as nanofabs sell econ chips, making Archive Banks somewhat useless. It does require 2 speed and the cooldown is long so in my opinion, not worth it.

If Monst3r could use the econ chip from the first mission, it would be a different issue.

Nika is much more viable, especially when predictive brawling is 300 credits only.

The synergy in that strategy is that Monst3r starts with 3 in hacking which makes him a better candidate for the econ chip. The trouble with this strat is that it's a bit more risky and it might not end up being worth it in the long run as nanofabs sell econ chips, making Archive Banks somewhat useless. It does require 2 speed and the cooldown is long so in my opinion, not worth it.

If Monst3r could use the econ chip from the first mission, it would be a different issue.

Nika is much more viable, especially when predictive brawling is 300 credits only.

Recently started a run with a similar strategy in mind. I ran Archive Banks but swapped Monster for Internationale because I don't like his weapon or his augment. Gave the chip to Internationale and managed to scrap enough cash by the end of first mission to max her hacking. Consoles raked in anywhere from 300-500 credits and by the end of the second mission I was able to max Banks' Anarchy. All the extra cash and selling of stolen items added up and I was able to max the rest of the skills fast, and bring Detention Center agents up to speed. I just hit day 8, here's what I'm running with.

All skills maxed

Programs:

-Fusion

-Lockpick v2.0

-Parasite v2.0

-Hunter

-Ping

Banks:

Augments:

-Piercing Scanner(x2)

-Penetrating Scanner

-Anatomy Analysis

Items:

-Cloaking Rig III

-Hand Cannon

-Flurry Gun

-Volt Disrupter II

-Paralyzer III

-Stim III

Nika:

Augments:

-Adrenal Regulator

-Predictive Brawling

-Anatomy Analysis

-Piercing Scanner

Items:

-Hand Cannon

-Stim III(x3)

-Flurry Gun

-Cloaking Rig III

-Ventricular Lance

Xu:

Augments:

-Subdermal Tool

Items:

-Shock Trap III(x3)

-Stim III

-Cloaking Rig III

-EMP Pack III

-Buster Chip III

Internationale:

Augments:

-Wireless Emitter

-Chameleon Movement

Items:

-Cloaking Rig III

-Shock Trap III

-Portable Server III(x5)

Everyone having a cloak has saved me a ridiculous number of times, and Shock Traps piercing through armor values have really helped against those 8 shield omni guys.

Cloak is a great little emergency button... But wait until you start in a room that's cornered by 2 rooms with cameras & guards with Incognita locked down, then you will NEED cloak to get you out of that situation. 

EMPs and shock traps are invaluable. I combine cloak with shock trap III if i'm ever caught, I activate cloak & sprint, run to the nearest door and set the trap. All the guards are manipulated towards the door! That can be hard to set up though as guards move one at a time so the trap might not hit all guards if it's a big room and they are all spread out. EMPs lose steam late game with magnetic reinforcements though :(

So, with late game Xu you will need some buster chips to keep him as a viable safe cracker. Torque engines should help out a lot and stims will refresh your augment's EMP.

Even with all these team suggestions, I can't honestly imagine a late game team without control or at least her anti viral augment. It's just too good to pass up with all those daemons that show up. In fact, twice yesterday, I had daemons spawn on every device (level 10 map). So with antiviral I was able to use Oracle infinitely (8 times total). This pretty much laid out the whole map. After than I was able to have Nika disable 5 guards (had to use cloak & 3 stims). During all this, I spotted the vault and the exit (no exit card yet though). So I pretty much dismantled the map in one turn...

*** EXPLOIT TIME ***

So this probably wasn't intended... But people probably don't know that you can stim a fellow agent... Not only that but you can stim DRONES. That's right, you can stim that little ***** up for you and scout around the whole map! Just capture that drone and bring him to your team of dedicated medical professionals for some serious stimulation! Those smaller drones run out of ammo but I don't know if the akuma drones do! The best part is drones can kill a guard being right in front of him, like shooting fish in a barrel...

I haven't tried it since the latest hotfix though, I'll have to see if it's still there.

I didn't realize that the chip scales with the bonus into hacking?  I'll have to try that out.  I thought only the stock power of the console was converted into credits, making it 50-200 max.  Damn.  Thanks!

Get enough Cloak III and Shock Trap III and you can basically do whatever you want... also Seed to prevent stalemate by lack of PWR (and Seed is just so much better in general than every other program it competes with imo).

I feel like one of the best setups is Faust-Brimstone-Central-Monst3r. This maximizes Central's augment due to Faust and Monsr3r's weapon (it gives you a random daemon every use). And i love that reversed daemons still count for Central's augment.

I feel like one of the best setups is Faust-Brimstone-Central-Monst3r. This maximizes Central's augment due to Faust and Monsr3r's weapon (it gives you a random daemon every use). And i love that reversed daemons still count for Central's augment.

Brimstone-Central is a good combo as it really lower Daemon threat. But I would probably replace Faust by Seed, it's just more efficient and I don't want Incognita to be randomly locked down (or other Daemon).

Monst3r is fine for a fast start but his augment usefulness will fade away after 4-5 mission and just take a slot for nothing.

Brimstone-Central is a good combo as it really lower Daemon threat. But I would probably replace Faust by Seed, it's just more efficient and I don't want Incognita to be randomly locked down (or other Daemon).

Monst3r is fine for a fast start but his augment usefulness will fade away after 4-5 mission and just take a slot for nothing.

You could always trade out Monst3r for somebody more useful after a couple days and keep his dart gun around to proc Central's augment.

Perhaps Fusion + Brimstone + Central + Monst3r (temporary).  

Monst3r's weapon will proc Central's augment on-demand for 5 PWR, completely paying for Fusion's activation cost if you somehow run yourself out of PWR w/out any consoles nearby, which is Fusion's only real drawback.

If you could manage to find an Econ Chip early on (I haven't had a lot of luck w/ finding Econ Chips early myself, though), you could really manage to take advantage of Derek's high Hacking ability to make some creds before trading him in for somebody else.

I'm thinking Internationale might make a good 1:1 swap w/ him, since I like to max out her Hacking anyway.

I might just try that on my next run instead of taking Shalem's rifle and swapping him out.  Seems more useful in the long run.

You could always trade out Monst3r for somebody more useful after a couple days and keep his dart gun around to proc Central's augment.

Perhaps Fusion + Brimstone + Central + Monst3r (temporary).  

Monst3r's weapon will proc Central's augment on-demand for 5 PWR, completely paying for Fusion's activation cost if you somehow run yourself out of PWR w/out any consoles nearby, which is Fusion's only real drawback.

Oh right I always forgot you can swap agent (I like to play with randomize team and just keep everyone I got on the way). It's a good idea to exploit his Augment early on.

I don't see the use of Fusion when you can take Seed and use Central to generate power, it's a potential 4 PWR / turn (even if you don't have Central, Consoles or Portable Servers are here to supply PWR).

you could really manage to take advantage of Derek's high Hacking ability 

You probably meant Monst3r.

Oh right I always forgot you can swap agent (I like to play with randomize team and just keep everyone I got on the way). It's a good idea to exploit his Augment early on.

I don't see the use of Fusion when you can take Seed and use Central to generate power, it's a potential 4 PWR / turn (even if you don't have Central, Consoles or Portable Servers are here to supply PWR).

You probably meant Monst3r.

Ah, I like more reliable PWR generators, though Seed is pretty powerful.  I know that most like Seed, but I generally go w/ Fusion or Faust.  It's all personal preference here, but Seed has screwed me at times, lol.

Also, his name is Derek "Monst3r" Mossman.  ; )

I dont know if anyone ever tried it, but it is possible to have unlimited AP with Archive Nika using the following set of equipments: 3 Neural Disruptor III (or 2 Neural Disruptor II), 3 Stin III and a Torque Injection. When Nika nockout a guard, the Neural Disruptor III that has 4 turns cooldown, will be reduced to two turns. Using a Stin III, Nika gains an extra attack, uses the second Neural Disruptor III and when her Argument trigger, it will reduce the first Neural Disruptor III cooldown to one turn. Use a second Stin III and attack the fallen guard again with the third Neural Disruptor III. Again Nika's argument will triger and the first Neural Disruptor is ready to be used again. Use the third Stin III and you can again attack the poor guard who can't withstands the shock therapy anymore.

This sequence can be repeated countless times thanks to Nika's argument that reduces the cooldown of ALL item. I think it would be fair if Nika's Argument could only be activated once per turn. Here is a picture that illustrates this combo.

post-656103-0-71864600-1433340173_thumb.

I just finished Expert after a grueling number of retries--winning team was Decker, Natty (my nickname for Internationale), and Nika.

I always try to start a legit campaign with Decker and Nat. They make a solid pair--Decker scouting on foot, and Maria bringing up the rear. Great way to start any game imo. And although I was hoping for Xu, Nika was probably the best rescue I could have made.

Decker: my prize pony endgame. Best when used with Holocircuit Overload, any cloaking device, STIM III, Neural Disruptor II, and lots of love. My go-to nerd if I need to stir up a distraction and then hoof it. Unfortunately, he was the only agent to make it out with Monst3r and Gladstone.

Maria: queen of the backup. Best used as a PWR scout. Equipped with a Drilling Dart, Neural Disruptor III, Penetration Scanner, and Flashbang She helped divert attention when Decker and Monst3r took a dirtnap, enough for Gladstone to step in and help.

Nika: Nikachu used thundershock. Neural Disruptor x2 and many, many charge packs. Took out half the guard before falling--and becoming a huge distraction for guards in a useless room. Her corpse saved my hide twice.

Gearing up for Endless--any suggestions as to a strategy change?

(Also, Shalem UP pls buff. His tiny baby augments make me sad.)

Could you please explain to me how to swap agents?

Do you mean you just leave an agent unconscious in the level? I haven't tried this, but wouldn't you simply find that exact same agent in a detention center again (I assumed that was how it worked). Can you find some other agent there?

Archived