Hidden Cheat Menu and Hacks

First of all, this is really a nice game since long. I don't usually play games but can pass this one.

As the nature of my work, I can't help but poke around the game structure and would like to share my finding. Hope this is OK. (I hate to see people pay for game trainers but not the game. It's worth the money.)

Since it might be updated, I put the link to my original blog post here: http://vox.vg/blog/2015/05/18/invisible-inc-a-hacker-game-that-is-actually-hackable/

cheat.jpg

Here's a pre-modified scripts.zip for build 137060, which has the following features that I could recall:
  • Unlimited ammo, no weapon cooldown or PWR limitations.
  • Can install unlimited augments on an agent.
  • Mainframe abilities without cooldown, PWR, credit limitations or lockouts.
  • Purchase for free in stores, and get 10,000 extra credits for every purchase.
  • Unlimited PWR, AP.
  • Agents started with full skill levels.
  • Chameleon and holocircuit effects when cloaking.

For more details such as how to enable the hidden cheat menu and the easter egg, just check out the blog post.

Also, when in the credits screen, press CTRL+INSERT.  A black console window should open in the middle of the screen.  Click the area beside the '>' prompt so that a line cursor appears, and type 'unlockall' then click somewhere outside the console.  You will see something like this:

unlockall.jpg

All achievements should be unlocked.

Great! You know, I really just found it so tedious to actually play the game to unlock these achievements. I'm much happier now that I can have this full collection of achievements unlocked without taking the steps to unlock them. Such a feeling of relief and accomplishment has just overwhelmed me.

@x43x61x69 

Cool! Thank you for providing this! I have a question though:

Where can I find the line for can install unlimited augments on the agent in the file? Because I would like to only have that cheat activated.

Thanks!!

Just replace following 2 files in the zip with the ones from the pre-moded zip:

scripts.zip/sim/abilities/installAugment.luascripts.zip/sim/abilities/useAugmentMachine.lua

Just replace following 2 files in the zip with the ones from the pre-moded zip:

scripts.zip/sim/abilities/installAugment.luascripts.zip/sim/abilities/useAugmentMachine.lua

Awesome x43x61x69!!!

Thank you so much! Oh I'm also wondering if there is a cheat for unlimited program slots for Incognita. Is that possible? 

Thank you very much!!

Is this the only way to unlock the "Meta-hacking" achievements (the unlock all rewards thing) or is there another intended method ?

You can also do it via the debug menu, or by modifying the code like:

in scripts.zip/client/savefile-manager.lua:

function checkAchievements( user, campaign, result )    local cdefs = include( "client_defs" )    local simdefs = include( "sim/simdefs" )	local metadefs = include( "sim/metadefs" )    local serverdefs = include( "modules/serverdefs" )        -- Add the following lines    winAchievement( cdefs.ACHIEVEMENTS.FULLY_EQUIPPED )    winAchievement( cdefs.ACHIEVEMENTS.ACCEPTABLE_HOST )    winAchievement( cdefs.ACHIEVEMENTS.ANT_SOCIETY )    winAchievement( cdefs.ACHIEVEMENTS.TIME_ATTACK )    winAchievement( cdefs.ACHIEVEMENTS.INVISIBLE_INC )    winAchievement( cdefs.ACHIEVEMENTS.NEVER_LOOK_BACK )    winAchievement( cdefs.ACHIEVEMENTS.TRAINING_WHEELS )    winAchievement( cdefs.ACHIEVEMENTS.DAEMON_CODE )

Awesome x43x61x69!!!

Thank you so much! Oh I'm also wondering if there is a cheat for unlimited program slots for Incognita. Is that possible? 

Thank you very much!!

Nothing is impossible. Just it doesn't do you any good as most of the programs has similar functions with different names or PWR usage.

I didn't do it, tho, but wouldn't be hard to achieve.

Why bother with a custom scripts. Just enable 'debug' mode in the config. There's already a cool menu system in the game to enable all the cheats you want and viciously murder yourself by spawning as many things as you want.

Why bother with a custom scripts. Just enable 'debug' mode in the config. There's already a cool menu system in the game to enable all the cheats you want and viciously murder yourself by spawning as many things as you want.

The cheat menu does not offer you everything, not many to be exact. It only lets you do things within its original design, while custom scripts will make everything possible, even a new story line.

As this is a game, I believe people have the right to choose how they wanted it to be, and that's why we even wasting our precious time doing these kind of unproductive things, such as playing video games. Right? :)

So jumping into the boat of editing the game's scripts, what about an edit that allows missions of lower difficulty still spawn, instead of only the ever-increasing ramp? (so say, at day 3 you'd get missions of lvl 1, 2 and 3, at day 5, missions going from lvl 1 to 5, etc...) That'd allow the player to control how much pressure he wants to face on endless mode, something I'd really like to be able to.

I tried messing with the scripts with no sucess. Closest thing I found that seemed related to them was line 30 on simparams.lua.

difficulty = math.max ( 1, campaignData.situation.difficulty ),

I tried changing math.max to math.random (assuming that'd return random integers between 1 and situation.difficulty) but it seemed to not affect it at all (or I got stellar bad luck on my test run), the difficulty kept ramping up.

I have absolutely no experience with Lua, but I have enough experience with programming to understand most of the syntax given enough time. I'd be interested in seeing the creation of a replacement augment for Shalem to make him more useful when found in a detention center. In particular, there was a suggestion that his unique augment might be the ability to tag guards he sees in a way similar to the tag pistol. To balance it (as that would be an insanely useful ability), perhaps it would cost him 1 AP to use (making it similar to the "observe" action), require direct observation (no using security cameras), and only work once per turn.

After looking at the scripts, I can tell that this would require creating a new file in sim/abilities and a couple minor edits to sim/abilitydefs.lua and sim/unitdefs/items.lua. But again, given my utter lack of experience with Lua, I doubt I would be capable of creating such a mod. Consider this a suggestion for a place to start the modding community (aside from the 96 hour option mod; props to Orost for that one).

So jumping into the boat of editing the game's scripts, what about an edit that allows missions of lower difficulty still spawn, instead of only the ever-increasing ramp? 

Look at function getDifficulty in modules/serverdefs.lua

i have tried to get this to work by following  the instructions in this thread and also by the linked site... but nothing happens part from me breaking invisible inc(can't find the lines of code that i need to change) any idiot proof instructions that i can follow? Also does anyone know how to use the debug mode?

i have tried to get this to work by following  the instructions in this thread and also by the linked site... but nothing happens part from me breaking invisible inc(can't find the lines of code that i need to change) any idiot proof instructions that i can follow? Also does anyone know how to use the debug mode?

Change the "DEV = false" to true in the main.lua or the cheat menu won't show up.

Look at function getDifficulty in modules/serverdefs.lua

Bingo, I managed to randomize it and make the ramp go up more smoothly, but it still has a difficulty-increase-over-days component I haven't pinpointed yet...

Change the "DEV = false" to true in the main.lua or the cheat menu won't show up.

yes but how do i actually manage to rezip the file or don't i have to? Because if i do rezip the file then it just screws up invisible inc when i launch it.

yes but how do i actually manage to rezip the file or don't i have to? Because if i do rezip the file then it just screws up invisible inc when i launch it.

The only file you have to re-zip is the scripts file. 

To Re-Zip (WinRAR required): 

1. Highlight all three client, modules and sim files.

2. Right-click.

3. Select Add to archive....

4. Type scripts.zip

5. Hit Enter.

6. Replace the new scripts.zip file into your Invisible Inc directory. Backup the original first.

The only file you have to re-zip is the scripts file. 

To Re-Zip (WinRAR required): 

1. Highlight all three client, modules and sim files.

2. Right-click.

3. Select Add to archive....

4. Type scripts.zip

5. Hit Enter.

6. Replace the new scripts.zip file into your Invisible Inc directory. Backup the original first.

There's way to avoid the reziping, check out the link in the starting post. Or if you're on Mac or Linux, you can also use the command line:

cd scripts && zip -r ../scripts.zip *

Yeah, but unfortunately game becomes incompatible with all future hotfixes.

You just need to unzip updated sim.zip after every update (if you do it like in the article linked in the starting post).

I'd add to that article, that it's more convenient IMO, unzip sim.zip right into Invisible folder (instead of documents folder) and add reference in main.lua to it. I use "SRC_MEDIA = "scripts" - very easy to update or back-up.

There's way to avoid the reziping, check out the link in the starting post. Or if you're on Mac or Linux, you can also use the command line:

cd scripts && zip -r ../scripts.zip *

where do i find this exactly? As i use Mac.

where do i find this exactly? As i use Mac.

You need to have basic knowledge of Terminal/command line usage. Google maybe?

Also, pre-moded script.zip in the first post is updated to build 137060. (May, 21 Hotfix)

Archived