Sign in to follow this  
rooks

How to Make a Language Pack

HumanKirby    56

Ok, can someone explain me what I have to do to get fonts that support ä,ö,ü and ß. Im kinda not get that fonds thing

Edit: Also what do you mean with NT in the file

Edit 2: Now Im at 2% this is going to take a while

Edited by HumanKirby

EugVV    0

How about GOG-version of game? Any chance to get localization working with DRM-free?

Some1    26

Ok, can someone explain me what I have to do to get fonts that support ä,ö,ü and ß. Im kinda not get that fonds thing

Edit: Also what do you mean with NT in the file

Edit 2: Now Im at 2% this is going to take a while

The game supports them by default:

s8rOFLT.png

according to IEC_8859-1 codepage.

The only thing you should take into account, is that you have to use utf-8 as main codepage of your PO file.

Edited by Some1

HumanKirby    56

Ok, thanks. Havent worked any more on it since I was the complete weekend away(and 1 day after release). Maybe I should start working again, there are quite alot people doing packs, but options are never bad. 

Hi there!

I'm new around here, but asked in twitter, told me to ask here... well, here I am. I did a spanish translation of this game (loved it, btw!), but I need something... I kinda now a little of this and that, but in the font, I'm absolutely lost. I could read above this, and in the steam guide and such, that you can override the fonts in the game, with the ones you put in the "fonts" directory of your mod.

Well, yes, but... I don't know the name of the fonts. Also, I wouldn't like to change at all the font style. I think it suits almost perfectly the game. I would like to edit the existing fonts, and by the looks of the image Some1 posted, can I?

I have almost every character I need for a spanish translation, but I need "¿", "¡", it's really important. Also, in some places, it seems to have a different font (in the skills level description, for example), so I couldn't even place some " á ", " é "... etc. Not even the "ñ" (which I could in other places)

That's about all... Oh, and in some cases, if I translate VAULT as CÁMARA, it shows at CáMARA... only in a few spots.

Too long, I know, but... any help, would be appreciated ^^

I can't edit, so... sorry for the double post. Just REALLY read the Some1 post and.. god, I feel stupid. utf-8 codification, of course! Didn't saw that in my notepad++... I think it was already at utf-8. But I forgot I change my hard drive, so I installed everything again and... agh. Goddammit. I'm sorry.

Although, I'll love some info in the font matter, though. A friend is making a french translation, and I think he need it for 2 or 3 characters or such. So... sorry, and could a mod merge the post? Please?

Thanks for all anyway ^^

rooks    26

How about GOG-version of game? Any chance to get localization working with DRM-free?

Regarding localization support on the non-Steam builds, this will hopefully be supported by a new build at some point in the near future.

Hi there!

I'm new around here, but asked in twitter, told me to ask here... well, here I am. I did a spanish translation of this game (loved it, btw!), but I need something... I kinda now a little of this and that, but in the font, I'm absolutely lost. I could read above this, and in the steam guide and such, that you can override the fonts in the game, with the ones you put in the "fonts" directory of your mod.

Well, yes, but... I don't know the name of the fonts. Also, I wouldn't like to change at all the font style. I think it suits almost perfectly the game. I would like to edit the existing fonts, and by the looks of the image Some1 posted, can I?

I have almost every character I need for a spanish translation, but I need "¿", "¡", it's really important. Also, in some places, it seems to have a different font (in the skills level description, for example), so I couldn't even place some " á ", " é "... etc. Not even the "ñ" (which I could in other places)

That's about all... Oh, and in some cases, if I translate VAULT as CÁMARA, it shows at CáMARA... only in a few spots.

Too long, I know, but... any help, would be appreciated ^^

Hi Azure,

I updated the original post to include a list of all the font files that can be overridden.  See the 'Spoiler' button under the section describing the fonts folder. Be warned the process is somewhat technical.  Also, I would suggest looking at the Russian mod by Some1 that is currently on Steam, if you haven't already.  It is an excellent reference point, and overrides all the game's fonts.

If you don't intend on changing the look of the fonts and are just missing a few certain characters, it is possible I can look at adding glyphs for those missing code points into the game's fonts by default so that no overrides are necessary. This would alleviate the burden for many translators.

Thanks for your efforts!

Some1    26

@rooks, I think it would be nice, if you provide people with bmfont presets, as Brook did for me. Though developing of those presets without assistance could turn to true headache, you know...

It is an excellent reference point, and overrides all the game's fonts.

Yeah, and even some extra-fonts, which were deleted during past steps of developement :)

Edited by Some1

I updated the original post to include a list of all the font files that can be overridden.  See the 'Spoiler' button under the section describing the fonts folder. Be warned the process is somewhat technical.  Also, I would suggest looking at the Russian mod by Some1 that is currently on Steam, if you haven't already.  It is an excellent reference point, and overrides all the game's fonts.

If you don't intend on changing the look of the fonts and are just missing a few certain characters, it is possible I can look at adding glyphs for those missing code points into the game's fonts by default so that no overrides are necessary. This would alleviate the burden for many translators.

Thanks for your efforts!

Thanks for the info! In fact, with the utf-8 encoding in the .po file, it works.... in one font, I assume. In the little one, like in the description of the skill levels and such, doesn't seem to support any latin-1 character as I need, like ñ, á, é, ¡, ¿....

If you could add it to the default font, that would be awesome, but in the meantime, we'll just workaround that ^^. So... I'll need to modify that font, or at least create one As Some1 said (that looks like a quote, lol), it can be a headache... but if it's no other way, I'll do it without hesitate. I mean, I know enough to learn really fast. And don't mind the work.

Some1, if you wish, could you tell me a little about it? :3

Some1    26

Hey, @AzureBalmung, why don't you just use my versions of those?
They seem to have all glyph you need:

JFmu8LD.png

Edited by Some1

Hey, @AzureBalmung, why don't you just use my versions of those?

They seem to have all glyph you need:

JFmu8LD.png

That's awesome!

I didn't realized. I mean, I think you added cyrillic, not all that :D. I'll use it (with proper credits, of course).

Thanks a lot ;)

Some1    26

I always think ahead :-)

So in that case I just think to myself, why don't add all those glyph, it could save a lot of time for ohters.

Edited by Some1
  • Like 1

martonhun    0

Hi, sorry for joining in a little bit late, but I also have issues with the characters/glyphs.

I would like to translate the game into Hungarian, and these letters are not supported:

Ő, Ű, ő, ű

I tried to override the font files, but this BMF program is quite a challenge for me. Is it possible to put these

characters into the fonts (I don't intend to change the default game font), or I have to do it manually?

Thank you for your help.

Granis    0

I'm sorry but I guess I missed the information which font is used in the game. I don't know what should I select in the font creator. So which kind of font is that?

yeoey    1

Hello,

I'm working on Turkish Translation and I need some characters. I tried BMfont, used courier font as well and added courier_14.fnt and courier_14_0.png files in fonts folder but i couldn't apply the characters that i want to game.

I need " Ğ - ğ - Ü - ü - Ş - ş - İ - ı - Ö - ö - Ç - ç " characters. It seems game already has " Ü - ü - Ö - ö - Ç - ç ". So i just need 6 characters. Can anyone show me how to apply font file to mod. Just drop the file and .bmp to fonts folder?  Maybe I'm doing wrong something with BMFont program. 

Or is it possible to add " Ğ - ğ - Ş - ş - İ - ı " characters to game.

Thanks for help.

ZephyrSails    8
38 minutes ago, ZephyrSails said:

Hello, I'm a Chinese translator, I found my translation couldn't change line automatically, do we need to insert the '\n' character manually?

I just found Japanese translation's .po file add the "\n" manually, and another Chinese translation version's .po file add the "\n" manually too. ...... Please tell me there are a better way to do this :$

----edit----

I just found the Korean translation didn't add "\n" in their .po file, and their translation change line correctly, but how did they do this?

Edited by ZephyrSails
found something new.