(Suggestion) Summer Season - dealing with heat

Greetings.

Summer season seems very harsh with the heat.

Some suggestions to make the heat more bearable without having to put a iceblock or a melon on your head. They are effective ways to not overheat but not always do we have the ressources for it.

Endothermic Fire and chill amulet now everybody will scream allthough This isn't allways available to make due lack of ressources at times.

A way to conserve rainwater should be added.

Rainbarrels (made out of wood, planks, rope)

this can be a chance to put out big bushfires easier. The Snow cannon is not always available when you need it most. Ressource or otherwise.

Drink bottle, buckets, ect. (put some rainwater in it and drink it or pour it on your head to extinguish some heat effect)

Rain. Nighttime, Evening time: This is what bothers me in summer. The heat stays nearly the same. Reduce it somewhat, so the charakter can recover a litte.

Frog Ponds: jump in it for a while. Get wet. Reduce heat for a while. Beware of frogs.

Pulley: ability to build a snatch pulley to get water for extinguishing burning stuff from sea or pond.

(cut stone, planks, rope)

Water Supply Well: combined with the pulley.

Windmills and ventilators: To keep the camp in a nice climate. You can turn them manually once and they turn for a while.

those are some great ideas, above.

i agree that the heat remaining the same for mid-day and dusk and night-time makes ABSOLUTELY NO sense. if they wanted to add some difficulty and up realism they were *way* off the mark with the spring rain and summer heating additions.

(a) it never would rain over a week straight. it HAS to stop raining sometime. rain 2-3 days straight? sure. a WEEK straight? ridiculous.

(b) YOU WOULD NEVER be as warm at night as you are during the day. this is also ridiculous, and it makes summer SUCK. i kept our world at only 5 days of Summer to give my boyfriend and i a chance to even SEE the summer Giant (Dragonfly) and now i'm sorry i did, because we're going to have to re-start our world AGAIN. there is just no way to avoid dying when we're literally losing a health point every second, all day and night long. it's stupid.

© in a normal world, you could easily jump into the water to cool off. you're surrounded by water on the map. even if you wanted to only add a way to cool off by jumping in a pond, that would be SOME improvement.

(d) there would also never NOT be rain in summer. it's almost as if they took the mechanic before being TOO easily as license to go completely the other way. give us a chance to *water* our crops, maybe? something other than having the entire camp wither and burn. i mean seriously, WTF? the game is NOT fun anymore.

i like the above suggestions. i also think a little variability with the harsh seasonal effects would be vastly better than making the climate so inhospitable that people who have been faithfully playing - and enjoying the game - for two years now would be thinking about quitting. it's so frustrating to *want* to enjoy the RoG additions and yet feel like the game has been ruined by completely unrealistic - and unnecessarily extreme -  seasonal changes,

Archived