Wolfgang with equipment is better than willow with none.

It's official, wolfgang with equipment (and a few people helping him get gear) is a better pvp setup than willow without equipment solo.

Ring the bells.

If you're interested in becoming my equipment slave/fanboy send me a message.  I'm taking applications since it helps with early game pvp.

Yes, this is a very sound and profound observation. Wolfgang with equipment can defeat a Willow without any. Running away from Wolfgang in this case can prove to be a strategy to avoiding conflict since his hunger drain is greater than other characters in his mighty and regular forms. However, that means u will need more foods and more torches than him to outlast him.

also I am v happy u are back :love_heart:

I believe Willow was better than everything back when she was made of unburnable stone and could just punch a flaming enemy in the face without a worry in the world. Now that both have been nerfed, it's pretty clear again how a Geared Wolfgang is more powerful than any ungeared character.

Yes, your observation is quite accurate... but one drawback that Wolfgang has is his hunger.

The only issue I have with your observation is:

It's official, wolfgang with equipment (and a few people helping him get gear) is a better pvp setup than willow without equipment solo.

If said Wolfgang were unable to acquire said "people" then by that reasoning, he becomes... well... weak.

And so, as it is true that a Wolfgang -- in his "Mighty" form -- is a formidable opponent... but if the said Wolfgang has no such allies and cannot fend for himself -- as in not being able to feed himself causing him to become "wimpy" -- then he will become an easy target for other players (in a PvP server where anyone could be after you).

Character traits aren't the only major factor to be taken note here and if a character who is as powerful as Wolfgang is played by someone who, "hypothetically", requires assistance to become powerful (in a PvP server where allies are often difficult to acquire... except if they're your friends... but even with that, you can often get stabbed in the back hilariously) then that Wolfgang is in fact, "hypothetically", "weak" and "a drain on any team"...

:-)

Also,

It's official, wolfgang with equipment (and a few people helping him get gear) is a better pvp setup than willow without equipment solo.

The argument also works if the Wolfgang is either in his Wimpy or Mighty form and has no equipment and is battling against a Wilson (or even a Wes) with equipment. 

Equipping a handheld item such as a spear, an axe, or even a butterfly net effectively grants the wearer an attack speed boost thus rendering said character faster at attacking and therefore dealing more damage than the Wolfgang only using his bare hands. This is true for all of the DS characters.

:-)

OK, I guess what everyone is trying to say is: "THANK YOU FOR YOUR OBSERVATION OF SOMETHING THAT IS INHERENTLY AN ACCEPTED FACT" 

I think if you only said something like: "A fight without equipment between a "Mighty" Wolfgang against a Willow = Wolfgang wins", Then I think people would have received that news a little better... but that's just me O__O

@truealphasomethingsomething

Come on dude, any character with equipment is better than a character without. This is logic. With or without help a mighty wolfgang is stronger faster and better than any character on PvP. Deal with it man. WIllow is a good character but u can't mess with Wolfgang. With or without gear! And if u don't know this than u haven't played PvP much;) regonize those words! I'll pretent not to have seen those last words, are you for real? Can i please be ur equipmentslave......ugh!

Archived