The irritant of other people's play style

OMG this is a huge one!

Ghosts who haunt the enemy you're fighting in order to  "help you" especially when you're fighting a mob and it screws up all the attack timings.  I don't need help fighting, there is a reason why you're dead and I'm not.

I should add something to this.

Ghosts who stand right in front of you when fighting a mob, making you target their hitbox instead of mob's hitbox. Goddamn it's annoying.

Yeah Im gonna have to disagree with you here.  Breezy vest is useless.  Rather eat and heal.  Also I wear backpack ALL the time unless Im wearing armor to fight so all the vests are useless to me.  Koalephants aren't hard to come by so if you really want a vest make your own but you cant really fault others for not.  But I guess thats the point of this thread "the irritant of others play style.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. The irritant is people killing PET koalefants. In other words, if you see a set of penned up koalefants, that means that someone went through the trouble of building a pen, finding koalefants, corralling the koalefants, and then sealing up the pen. It's messed up to then kill those koalefants no matter what you intend to do with them. Go find your own koalefants!

I definitely was not saying that people should be making breezy vests (I don't really care one way or another)! I'm with you, I never make clothes for the chest slot because I always wear a backpack, too. (Well, except for armor, but I just put that on when I need it and stash it in my inventory when I don't.) 

[edited to fix the double negative]

I've never seen this happen, but from the experiences of others, I can obviously tell that I'd hate it if someone decided to take the bird from my bird cage to eat it.

"YOU JUST MURDERED MY FREAKING PET YOU JERK! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?"

-Lureplants. I plant them where I want them and keep it so they can't attack. Stop burning them. You can harvest the meat if you want, just leave them there.

-Digging up plants when it's more efficient to leave them. You can walk to the savannah if you really need grass. Sticks can be replanted without using precious poop.

-Stealing my jerky. Monster jerky=gold, jerky=sanity. The small ones I don't hang. If it was left in the fridge it would be fine.

-Not knowing how to kite, yet fighting anyways. You aren't helping anything, and you are going to die.

-Burning down forests. Nobody needs that much charcoal. I set up strips of trees to prevent forest fires and allow 4-6 charcoal to be gathered at a time without destroying permenant resources like sticks and grass. Stop lighting fires.

-Killing Chester/Abigail/Pets. There's no reason for it other than being an ass. Seriously.

-Taking evil flowers/flowers near bees. Bees need flowers to make honey, and there are better ways to get sanity. For evil flowers I need those for sanity, as I play a character with both a constant sanity drain and an inverse relationship with monster-type sanity auras. It helps me a lot more than you considering I get a sanity totem and you'd lose sanity for two seconds of fire.

-Ghosts getting in the way. Don't haunt anything, you make it worse. And don't stand in the way when I'm fighting things, also does not help. The only exceptions are turning stray hounds into fire/ice hounds (preferably ice, both do more damage but fire destroys the environment), and turning flowers into evil flowers as that helps me in the end. (don't haunt it again/set it on fire though...)

-Stealing my backpack/sacks while I'm fighting. Seriously, it's a ****** move. I rely heavily on backpacks/pigsacks/Krampus sacks to arrange my inventory, and even with a Krampus sack and Chester I still manage to run out of room. If you don't give it back, I'm taking it back. I never take off the pack unless I have my fighting gear out of it, so your lack of body armor vs my decked out weapons. Let's see who keeps it. +My character has a speed/damage boost. So you aren't getting away with it.

-Asking for everything. You can ask for some things when you start out, but past getting set up don't pester people to do your work for you. Getting the last couple silk or something for an item by asking if someone has some, fine. But don't make people get it for you if they don't have extras.

-Not helping teammates. New players won't be able to find base easily or get flint without you most likely. Instead of pushing them off a cliff point them in the right direction. If they make an effort to actually try and get things done, they'll get better. That doesn't mean they won't die. You did too when you first started playing. Help them out past reviving them by teaching them how not to die again. Again, it sums up to don't be an *******. If someone is just standing at base doing nothing, go ahead and let them die. But if someone is going out and collecting things and learning how to play, don't throw them under the bus just because they keep needing to be revived. Remember they come back with half stats AND lower max health. Even if you give them supplies to heal they'll still be at a disadvantage, one you didn't have to deal with when you were starting off since you could just start a new world with full health. Switching servers, not as much fun as changing worlds in single player.

-Pointless violence in PvP servers. Yes it's on, that doesn't mean you have to kill everyone. If someone doesn't mess with you, don't mess with them. It's Don't Starve Together. If you wanted to kill everything ever, go play the normal game. Obvious exceptions for servers that are made with direct PvP in mind such as minigame servers or servers that advertise as having free killing, which are usually Wilderness ones.

-Using rocks for fire pits to spend the night in. It's a waste of rocks, which aren't the most easily renewable resource ever.

-People cooking all the dragonfruits instead of feeding them to bird RIGHT NEXT TO THE FARM

-People taking the bird from the birdcage and then eating it

Yes its painful for me as well.

People taking food out of fridge eating them and leave server.

I mostly just hate when people just haunt things as ghosts and set everything on fire and destroy base. Seriously, you already draining people sanity, don't also burn stuff!

Ugh...I can't stand noobs who make inefficient crock pot recipes, even after I teach them to make better ones multiple times. I can't even begin to mention how many times teammates have wasted food making meatballs or jam when we had the things to make turkey dinners, pirogi, and bacon & eggs. By far my biggest hate are people who still think those 2 recipes are OP food.

Speaking of the "OP Meatballs", I've known plenty of people that wasted green caps on them when they said they needed the sanity boost from Meatballs. It's like, you can cook them for 45 total sanity instead of wasting them on something that only gives 5 sanity.

I suppose another hated thing are people who run from easy fights instead of standing their ground and kiting things. I've lost plenty of teammates to hounds that way, and then they expect me to revive them. Of course, I'm a nice person, so I really can't resist...

Putting 20-40 monster meat in the ice box just for a Wilson or Webber (sorry for stereotyping) to say "Wow you guys have a lot of monster meat."

And then he proceeds to fill the ice box with monster lasagna, cooked with 4 monster meat each.

I mean, seriously. We even have a birdcage right there.

Not to mention the filler potential of monster meat..

a few things that piss me off about dst in general, honestly..

1. when people afk and only come back to eat food. like, i get it if your busy, but maybe try and leave the server so your stats dont go down?

2. when people destroy spider nests that are under tier 3. like, you know it doesnt come back, right ? ?

3. i can't count how many times i've tried to hatch a tallbird egg and someone comes over and just eats it off the floor

4. when people go in the tent for only a short amount of time and waste the usage.

5. people who insist on fighting Deerclops near the base. holy ****. if you want to kill him, at least lead him away a short distance first. can't count how many times cocky wigfrids have caused the destruction of half our base cause they thought they could solo Deerclops on top of our campfire.

6. people who are laggy and/or inexperienced and try to help me kill stuff, and end up dying cause they're unable to kite it

7. people who think that they can just "move in" to your base if they find you. like, no??? thats not how it works?? you can't just freeload off my **** cause you happened upon my base. this is why i play as webber

8. people who take all the gold and flint they see. like, you honestly don't need 80 flint and 40 gold. you can leave ONE ore in the 50 km wide rock biome, right?

9. people who place multiple campfires closeby for no reason. i mean. i get if you want more light but it's just a huge waste of materials and fuel

People not giving materials I need because they want them for no reason. Like im WX and we have all the structures we need like more than we need I ask for 1 gear ( we were on day 45 I had no deaths and havent eatin a gear) we have 4 extra i ask to eat one and everyone gets mad at me.

FIrst post on page 3!

4 extra i ask to eat one and everyone gets mad at me.

Yeah thats just smart playing and you wanting to eat the precious few that are left is irritating more than no one giving you one.  BUT that being said I always say this as rules for gears, those on the overworld (taken from dead clockworks) should be saved and used by everyone, but ANY gear you find in a tumbleweed is yours to eat.  Tumbleweeds give gears quite frequently so no crying about its too hard to get any from tumbleweeds.  Me and MANY others completely upgrade from tumbleweed farming over the course of the game.

FIrst post on page 3!

Yeah thats just smart playing and you wanting to eat the precious few that are left is irritating more than no one giving you one.  BUT that being said I always say this as rules for gears, those on the overworld (taken from dead clockworks) should be saved and used by everyone, but ANY gear you find in a tumbleweed is yours to eat.  Tumbleweeds give gears quite frequently so no crying about its too hard to get any from tumbleweeds.  Me and MANY others completely upgrade from tumbleweed farming over the course of the game.

I do find them in tumble weeds all the clock works went to the base. They make me bring any gears I find in the tumble weed to them or I get banned.

I do find them in tumble weeds all the clock works went to the base. They make me bring any gears I find in the tumble weed to them or I get banned.

Secretly eat 1 gear you find (alone) every now and then. Memorize your stats before you eat the gear(s) so you can lie about your stats in case they realize your max stats increased and ban you.

you mean a "pooalefant"?

Heh...

That's bullshit. If you found them in a tumbleweed, they're yours. Gears aren't used for anything other than ice boxes, flingos, weather pain.

If someone threatened to ban me for how I used renewable materials, I'd leave the server.

3. i can't count how many times i've tried to hatch a tallbird egg and someone comes over and just eats it off the floor

I have a person who was a semi-regular on my server, Tam Lee.  What she would do is take all of the tallbird eggs she could find, and hatch them all, regardless of whether or not we could support the babies.  The first time, I let her do this.  I was Wigfrid, and tender to the base, doing things like making sure chests were ordered, cooking food, ect.  I was the only one in base when they hatched, so they all latched onto me.  Now the main fighter of the group was completely crippled by the number of babies attached to her.  As I didn't collect seeds I had little use for, I couldn't feed them.  As they were attached to me and would instantly die in any fight, I couldn't feed myself.  

So, I now eat tallbird eggs, and prohibit bringing babies into this world when you can't take care of them.  I will allow hatching tallbirds, just not too many, or too close to winter.

Now, I haven't played a lot of DST but one thing that happens often that irritates me is when you have someone join your server, you try to help them out and leave things near the spawn point, invite them to join your camp, etc, and they just take the **** at the start, ignore you, die and then leave.

YOU'RE TRASH AND I HATE YOU.

My pet hates:

1. Making Fistfulls of Jam after I've taught them better recipes
  2. Going into the tent for 10 seconds, coming out and then going back in 20 seconds later. Or just going into the tent a few seconds before day. So irritating.
  3. I also can't stand when people place their farms right on top of the campfire. Give it some space so you can spread out and make a proper farm area. 
  4. WX players who come to your camp and steal your gears just to eat. That's why I always keep them in my backpack if I have collected them myself. 
  5. When people dont organise the chests :p Keep the items grouped with like items and things will be easier to find.

Archived