summer need to be fix

Is tooo hard you didnt can go out whit out all star to fire  even if you stay in you base whit 4 ice flingomatic if the fire star and you have many items or buildings together you lose all!!!! all thework and time working on it just for a fire star and you 4 ice flingomatic star to launch snowballs to the fire just for this star over and over until all get burn!!!!! that just is a pain in the ass there is not any better world the summer need to be fix now the over heating is good i can deal whit it but to all star to in fire whit out any reason!!!!!!!!!! and get overheating in the caves realy!!!??? i know you want a game to be hard but this come on!!!, in real life the fires dont star that easy and pleaseeeeeee  fix that 5417 get all my camp burn and my 4 ice flingomatic cant do nothing just trow snowball for nothing wasting fuel........................................... if some one now how i can get the day back and prevent it and dont see all my camp burn in that stupid way tell me because that make me feel too made see how 4 ice flingomatic can do nothing vs the fire................

If fires are starting in your base, that obviously means your flingomatics are too far out of range of each other and/or are leaving spots unprotected. If you see something smouldering and your ice-flingomatic is going nothing, that means you've left a spot unprotected! And in that situation, you can use ice to cool it down, or your hands at the cost of 5 health.

I've gone through 4 summers on my newest game now, and my flingomatics have done a flawless job at keeping my base cool and healthy all season long. (I have about seven flingomatics since my base is quite large.)

I love Don't Starve, have spent hours and hours playing (without complaint) however i just purchased the new DLC Reign of Giants and i'm sorry to say that summer is a COMPLETE and UTTER FAIL on your guys part. I love taking the game further than survival and construct great bases, pig villages, beffalo herds, basically i have fun maing my own world. Now with this STUPID OVERHEATING that you don't even let us turn OFF (which i don't understand) it takes the fun out of the game. No time for having fun anymore!! AND the overheating is not at all like the freezing cause i find it happens much faster and you have no time to prepare. I used to love setting the seasons to long as a challenge and to have fun but now i want summer to be the shortest if even none existant. PLEASE ADD THE ABILITY TO TURN OFF OVERHEATING for those who do not want to play it. PC users can set so many settings to "MORE" and on the consoles you can barely change anything except to "LESS" so atleast give us the option to turn off the overheating. i normally will live 500 days + without breaking a sweat and now i die in 2 days of summer cause i can't move cause you overheat in 2 seconds, you can't collect anything, you can't stay by a fire at night to avoid charlie cause of......yes you guessed it.......stupid OVERHEATING idea in the game. Some like it some don't please make everyone happy. PLEASE AS A USER WHO HAS LOVED THIS GAME AND REALLY WANTS TO CONTINUE PLAYING ADD AN UPDATE WITH THE ABILITY TO TURN OFF OVERHEATING (especially since it would be the ONLY thing i would turn off)!!!! Otherwise the Reign of Giants DLC looks AMAZING, love the other additions to mix things up, but one last time i will say it, OVERHEATING IS AN EPIC FAIL, please let us TURN IT OFF in the world customization settings. I highly doubt it would be a complicated addition in an update and will not take anything away from the game for those that want to play with it or not.

YOU GUYS HAVE AN AMAZING GAME HERE HOWEVER I FEEL YOU WILL RUIN IT AND LOSE PLAYERS WITHOUT A LITTLE MORE CONTROL OVER THE SETTINGS WE WANT TO PLAY WITH.

I know i am not the only person requesting this as it is all over the blogs and forums, so please consider the request to give us the option to turn it off. This way everyone is still happy (those that will turn it off and those that will leave it on).

Again AMAZING game, looking forward to more updates!!! 

Just want to chime in and say that there are plenty of items to prepare yourself for summer. Basically the same function as winter clothing but it protects you from overheating. You also have the endothermic fires and thermal stones wich helps you a lot.

But I agree that summer is harder than winter before you get to know it. And I am all fore more options to customize your experience.

What I would like to see are more summer-only items. In winter you have the mctusks, ice, pengulls, winter koalephant and maybe something more im forgetting. Summer only offers cactus flowers.

If I remember right, the purpose of RoG being so hard is to bring all the veteran players back to the start. So it's basicially like learning the game again. I mean, one of the best parts of the game is to die many times and learn how everything works.

After playing Reign of Giants for 200 hours , you tend to cherish the flavorful challenge summer presents. I find the implementation of overheating only slightly off - disrupting the game flow too much when you're prepared for it with summer items , while you only need a thermal stone and cold fire pit for sedentary activities. If those summer items would raise the overheating threshold slightly (so that you could cool off in the shade during most of summer while wearing them) the game would be perfect.

I wonder how simple that tweak could be to mod. Hmm.

I just keep make sure my Ice-Fling-o-Matics cover my Bee Boxes and Farms. For a mid-sized base you only need two of them.

As far as overheating, it's not too hard to avoid if you know what to do. I usually just take the thermal stone out of the fridge, put on a straw hat (or the Eye-brella works well too) and with that I'm good for most of the day.

I do agree that it's kinda lame that you can overheat in the caves though.  

If you really don't like the smoldering and wildfires in summer I believe you can turn them off in the world options. 

Archived