Solutions (host+client in same PC)

@Lucinastar, well, hypothetically yes, it's supposed to, since NAT is what redirects the traffic from outside to the addresses given by the router to the computers in your network (127.0.0.1, 127.0.0.2...). I was hoping it would disable any weird redirectioning.

How is your setup? ISP cable to modem to wireless router, and a mac and a pc wirelessly connected to the router? Or the mac is connected to the internet cable and you plugged modem and router to the mac (based on your comment)?

Also, I would like to see the NAT Passthrough tab in WAN and the Network Services Filter in Firewall.

Hi @DarkXero,

it is possible to create a dedicated server on another machine but can reach from their own PC on the same network?

I guess the two must have a IP address static and not a IP address dynamic?

just have to configure the nat and machines to play and the server right?

I ask this question because I have never try this :)

and maybe other players will want to do this kind of system

Edited by ToNiO55

@ToNiO55, I also didn't do this, but you should be able to, yes. You create an online server in a computer, and switching to Show LAN: Yes, you should be able to see it from other machines.

Tecnically you need a static IP even for portforwarding, since if you disconnect and reconnect to the router, you may get assigned a different IP, so the forwarding wouldn't work. But since my PC is almost always connected, and I'm the only one in the network, the reassignment never happens because the IP doesn't expire, and if it happens, I always gets assigned the same IP without any configuration needed.

That is inside the network. If your ISP assigns you a different IP periodically, you will need to make it static or else, if it changes, people won't be able to reach you using the old IP.

• Like 1

I've some wierd bug with this tricky connection via "c_connect("127.0.0.1", ...)".

When i trying to join to "server with mods" there is a pop-up "This server has mods enabled".

I hosted my server without mods and i can join without problems, i see my server in lobby etc.

So, when i'm enabled mods with ServerModSetup(" ") and ForceEnableMod(" ") method and tried to connect via console by "c_connect" - i got a pop-up "This server has mods enabled" and then happens black screen and i can't connect to my server or close the game.

After few tests - my friend can join without any problem via lobby, becuase he can close a pop-up...

What i can do in this situation?

Does anyone know how to change Dedicated Server Tag? I mean when you click on View Tags in Browse Games Lobby and then its tags are shown in the list. I'd like to change this setting for my personal tags. Is there any file could be accessed for changing tags?

P.S. Please I really wanna know this, I posted that question before, but no one could help me.

Made my first dedicated server today, along with caves. Was able to join as client on the same computer when the server was vanilla, but not after adding the caves server. Maybe I screwed something up while troubleshooting? Game does not appear in list within client for anybody in my LAN, but has been accessed by random users throughout the day externally. What can I try? I didn't see anything in my router that I could change with reference to earlier posts.

On 6/11/2016 at 6:45 PM, AveWarren said:

I host dedicated server. Others can join in and so am I through Lan Tab but others see server ping as ??? so its listed at the bare end in server browser...

This is probably due to your firewall blocking the port that is used for determining your ping. I think it was 11001 or 10999.

Edited by Joachim

cluster.ini

[SHARD]
shard_enabled = true
bind_ip = 192.168.1.2 <- [Your lan ip here]
master_ip = 192.168.1.2 <-  [Your lan ip here]
master_port = 10888

as simple as that

it'll appear on lan tab

Edited by Arash70