Other player can use console, how?

Hello guys!

So we are playing in don't starve together with my friend and if i have too small HP and i dont want to die i type in console: c_sethealth(1) , but my friend cant use this command (looks like only server hoster can use this cheats),how can he use this cheat?

Sorry for my bad english!

Merry Christmas!

As far as I know, there is no way for clients to use console commands or be given permission to use them. Only the host of the server can use the console and have an effect in-game.

But if you want to heal your friend with your console while you are host, you can try the following code:

c_find("wilson"):c_sethealth(1)

If your friend isn't using Wilson you can change the character name wilson to whichever character your friend is using. This will use the sethealth command on the character found. If there are other wilson's on the server, sadly I don't know the right command for it. Sorry. Hope this helps somewhat.

Again, only hosts are allowed to use the console so he won't be able to heal you if you are the host. Good luck.

Really? You can't use commands as a client?

Enter a public server, open the console and type that in:

TheWorld.minimap.MiniMap:ShowArea(0,0,0,9000)

Or c_gonext("charactername").

You're right, clients can use the console. But they can't use the console to cheat by spawning things in, or change their health, sanity, hunger like hosts can. And that was what OP was wondering about. Clients can't use the console to its full capacity.

Sorry for not being clear.

I've heard you can add other players as admin in

"Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/save/adminlist.txt" (source: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/47206-admin/)

Which might allow them to do console commands. I've also noticed that if you press control when the console is open it says REMOTE infront of the command, which might mean it performs the command remotely (which would be required for several commands since local data simply isnt available to the client).

But.. this is just speculation, might be worth testing tho.