Dleowolf

[Tutorial] Using Extended Sample Character Template

KeyKiv    0

Hi everyone) 

I've been working on a mod of my own, for DST, and everything works fine except for one thing: the character name image on the screen which comes right after the character select screen does not show up. 

It seems to have compiled just fine, as i've opened the tex file itself, and it's the name i need. Also, it doesn't show up even in unchanged template. Can anybody please tell me how to make it work? Thanks in advance!

orlyx    1

can i change png files to .tex and .xml files, and .scml to .zip files in the anim folder manualy without this "dont starve mod tools"?

Which file for Don't Starve Do i need? I'm following the tutorial, but It tells me it's not compatible with DST also the Portrait doesn't show when i load up DST. I'm also a newbie at this

cyanidies    0
On 12/27/2017 at 1:33 AM, GizmoTheSenpai said:

I know this is late but I'm following this guide to make a custom character and every time I click "I understand" the game crashes or stays on a black screen...

Been going through this whole thread to try to find a solution to this. Other people have mentioned it as well.

Things I tried:

Double checking every step of making the mod

Verifying integrity of game files

Running from cmd as admin

Using helperfile (compiler.cmd)

The animation files and everything else looks perfect, compiles in as it should. But after clicking Enable, the game first goes to a completely black screen and does nothing (doesn't issue crash report). Then when you next load in the game you start at the mod warning screen, clicking I Understand makes game go to black and windows issues a report that Don't Starve has stopped working. No crash log though.

cyanidies    0

Hey if anyone is still experiencing the same issue as me, I found a solution!

The problem seems to have been with having a save file with esctemplate character. So my solution:

Do small thing in character, like changing the names everywhere

*Additional step: Delete the .zip file in anim folder, delete .zip file in exported->esctemplate; use autocompiler.exe in DS Mod Tools

Launch game and start new save file to test mod

Delete save file after testing and quit game

Repeat