UK DST Players

For ping reasons looking few UK players to survive with but even european still works well if you make out my irish accent. Usually play at night for few hrs, have mumble server and twitch. Plan to have my first crack at it tomorrow for a laugh as ive never played this before :)

Also trying to find UK players. Steam url Passive_Gaming. Out tonight and tomorrow and Friday for Christmas parties, but want to start a world with some people Saturday. If you cant find my steam I am on twitch.tv/passive_gaming and twitter.com/passive_gaming.

Very interested guys, but it worries me that the first poster is Irish. I'm from Newcastle, so if a Geordie and an Irish guy play together, no one will be able to understand what's being said haha

Jokes aside, I'm available on Saturday too. I think my Steam name is Beast_Nips.

Looking forward to it!

Add me on Steam mate, Beast_Nips (I think) I probably don't have time to play tonight; probably not until Saturday in reality, but I can approve your invite tonight. It'll be nice having a UK/Europe group so we all play at similar times.

Might be best to just plan a big game on Saturday maybe? Best to get a good few hours in as saving seems to be an issue currently; quick games at night probably won't cut it.

I'll consider getting a Ventrilo server if we all have Mics?

Ive a mumble server so comms will be fine, yeah saving is a no go unless there is a workaround i dont know about. Amazing game though huge potential and from what ive played solo so far its a real challenge.

Added a few on steam so when were all on ill shoot you all the mumble details and have a chat.

An Englishman, a Welshman and an Irishman start a game of Don't Starve...

Sounds like the setup to a joke.

Hope to see you soon Kuldiin, add me to Steam if you like. Beast_Nips.

I should have time to play for a while on Saturday.

EDIT: If we're guna start a game, you guys might want to check out my guide:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/46664-step-by-step-for-those-who-havent-played-single-player-much/

Obviously you guys won't need the advice, but you can get some idea of how I play; save us some time planning when we start.

Who can host it? Ive a 50mb connection, but young kids and a non gaming misses.

My kids are off to their grandparents at 10am, I'm hoping the misses will understand I want to game all day :p

If I'm not hosting I can pop in and out before then as things are quiet.

Also, I'd go with a standard world.

By that I mean not upping spawns on berry bushes, beefalo or anything that makes the game easier. No mods that make resurrecting trivial, keep in the ghost penalty (its not an issue on a premade game), and nothing else that takes away the challenge.

Ive played on a few overmodded servers and you lose interest fast when no challenge.

I was talking about myself! Ha Newcastle born and bred.

I like to change a few settings: Branch: Most and Loop: Never. I think this reduces the chance of a glitched map where things can be impossible to reach. I also like to set carrots to lots, but that's mainly when I've been playing with people who are new, so we can probs do without that. Other than that the settings should be more or less default.

Yeooo another irish man this really is starting to sound like these jokes that go about. The missus has put the spa ner in the works for me a bit for it will be after 6pm before i get on as shes dragging me around christmas shopping much to my dismay :( if yas are still on ill jump in.

If ya want the details for my voice server to use then ill send them to yas tonight.

What is it with women and shopping dont they realise we have games to play :)

Archived