Shared nightmare monster

So I was playing with a friend of mine and we observed that, as I was going insane, he could see and fight the insanity monster that was chasing me. I don't know if this is temporary and/or due to technical limitations, but it would be really cool if these monsters were unique to each player, so insane players would have to face them on their own. It makes much more sense to watch an insane person run in circles and swing at the air than seeing monsters which are supposed to only exist in their weakened minds. It would be so funny to watch a whole group of players run around on their own accord, acting like the looneys they are.

Does anyone else share this opinion?

@Petzi, Well, in the lore of the game (if you go into the ruins, examine a few things as Maxwell, etc), the shadow monsters are real and are attracted to the insane, rather than being figments of the insane person's imagination.

But in terms of gameplay, shadow monsters do seem to behave a bit oddly. For example, if one person is insane, and some others around are low, shadow monsters spawn for all of them, but all attack the insane person. So you can be very easily overwhelmed, much more so than in single-player.

But if you're very sane yourself it is actually hard to see the shadow creatures (you can only see them if you mouse over them), so you do get the effect you were suggesting (seeing them run around like looneys).

Archived