A Heist, a Hit, and a Barrel of Wilsons

Last night, I got my beta keys, and after coming home from school today I started to play. I joined a dedicated server, and found myself as the only person alive. I picked selected Random, and ended up as Wolfgang. Oddly enough, since the server day appeared to be 8, it was Winter. I began to freeze to death. I had promised to revive some people, since I was Wolfgang and had high health. However, this now seemed unlikely to happen. I did manage to get a torch and sustain myself for a while, but I eventually died an icy death. As a wandering mustachioed spirit, I eventually stumbled upon a touchstone! I made use of it. I guess somebody else joined then died, so that's how was able to exist as a ghost. People started telling me to kill myself so the server would reset. Shortly afterward, I walked into the fire I was using to warm up and lost my remaining 3 health. I chose Random again and got Willow. I suggested that the other Willows and I form a Willow tribe. However, everything went to s***. People started dying. Because of that, people went insane. Because of that, shadow monsters showed up. Because of that, more people tarted dying. I was killed by a crawling horror. Drifting around, I found a lonely Wilson who had given up on fighting a Koalaphant. I tried to help him by chasing the beast towards him, but it was no use. That night, it fell asleep. I floated over to Wilson's campfire and whispered "He's asleep." The scientist ran up and smacked the hairy behemoth with a torch. It caught fire and delivered a single fatal blow to Wilson. The blaze spread to his items. We both laughed about it. We started chasing the creature around the map. Eventually, I decided to search for a touch stone instead. I did find a generous Wickerbottom who gave me a heart. Back in human form, but itemless, I scrounged around for torch materials. I found them, then constructed my nighttime aid. After a bit of walking, I stumbled across my ghostly friend from before. He still had the Koalafant. Unable to resist, I gave it a firm whack with my torch. After running around on fire, the beast charged at me. I dueled it for I while. I decided to bail when morning broke. I don't know if it was lag, a glitch, or something else, but as I was fleeing, the Koalafant, who was very far away at the time, somehow struck the final blow. Since most people were dead, we organized a mass suicide to res the server again. Now that you know the introduction, here is the story matching the title.

Rather than choosing random, I just went with Wilson. I met up with a couple of other folks, a Wilson and, if I remember correctly, a Wendy. We agreed to make a base together. I decided I wanted to become Willow, and, not knowing that character changes weren't a thing, left then rejoined the game. When I returned, I had lost track of my comrades. I walked around for a while, and eventually stumbled upon a pig village. There I found a vast multitude of berry bushes. I proceeded to pick the delicious fruits. I remember coming across a Wendy, though I'm not sure if it was the same one from earlier. Not long later, night fell. Torch in hand, I wandered about. To my dismay, I ran into a crowd of spiders! I started to run away, but then I noticed my torch was running low! If I tried to craft a new one, my pursuers would catch me! I tried and failed to construct a light. The spiders had done a number on me, I was in the dark, and Charlie was descending upon me. Just as she was about to strike, day broke. I was so relieved. I shook the spiders and continued wandering. I came across the Wilson from before. We set out together, looking for a place to set up camp. We came across another Wilson who had secured the Eyebone! The three of us decided to camp near a herd of Beefalo. That night by the fire, I offered to share my berries with by camp-mates. I proclaimed "Hear comes the airplane!" and fed the hungry one of the two. The other declined my offer. In exchange for the food, I was given a garland. So pretty. The next morning, we had the bright idea to try and kill a beefalo. We all scattered when they started chasing us. I was hit once or twice, but I survived. The Wilson without the Eyebone had no such luck. After floating around for a bit, he left the game. The remaining Wilson and I existed peacefully together for a couple days. At one point, he asked me if I knew of a rocky biome. I had found one in my earlier travels, so we decided to set out in the morning. Along the journey I killed a couple of gobblers. Some guy also started shouting about how a couple of people were...er...lady parts for killing him.When we reached our destination, it started out as peaceful mining. Eventually, we came across a tallbird. That was the firstĀ  time I saw a tallbird lay an egg. Despite being a bit sickened, I was somewhat appetized. I instructed my partner to distract the bird whilst I grabbed the egg. I had pulled this off before, so I was fairly confident that I would succeed. Unfortunately, this tallbird was more relentless than the one from my earlier stunt. It chased me for what felt like an eternity. After a while, I stumbled upon a mighty Wolfgang and a Wendy. Their usernames seemed...familiar. They were the two people that guy was shouting about earlier! The guy in question had been raging about things for most of my play time, so I figured they were probably okay. I watched in awe as they effortlessly beat down my feathery pursuer. I thanked them for the help. They remained silent. That is when I started to feel suspicious. I was a fool! I had lingered too long! I began to walk away, but then Wolfgang crashed his torch down upon my head! I began to flee, and he did not give chase. The blow was not enough to kill me, but I was on fire! I started stuffing my face with petals, but it was no use. The flames consumed me, and my assailants consumed all my food. I instructed them to choke on the red cap I had dropped upon death, then floated away in low spirits. I warned newcomers of their hostility. Believe me, I'm not mad at them. They were just playing the game. However, I did not want others to suffer my fate. My pointy-haired acquaintance said he would revive me if I returned to the base. When our rendezvous came around, he said he still needed a gland. He and I ventured to I spider den. I tried to help by haunting the spiders. However, the fight did not work out in his favor. He reached a point where making the heart would kill him, then the spiders did the job instead. We could only watch as the multi-legged fiends ripped poor Chester to shreds. Eventually I left because I had to do my homework. Here are some screenshots. They're a bit big, so you have to click them for the full effect.

post-354536-0-68248600-1418092569_thumb.

post-354536-0-34588600-1418092574_thumb.

post-354536-0-41663100-1418092589_thumb.

post-354536-0-45864000-1418092623_thumb.

post-354536-0-46651700-1418092629_thumb.

post-354536-0-59324500-1418092635_thumb.

post-354536-0-59012800-1418092649_thumb.

post-354536-0-15589900-1418092657_thumb.

post-354536-0-16761900-1418092663_thumb.

post-354536-0-00116400-1418092668_thumb.

Trust me, you won't survive a winter if you don't play with your friends. Pubs are too uncoordinated to set up a goal. My friend and I wasted one day just to gather up and set up a base(we decided in day 3) after getting all the necessary resources. Passing through day 8, I wonder if I would follow your step.

Archived