Survival need vote kick/ban asap

Make votekick ASAP. I am frustrated when another leech comes into play in your 20 day base, eats all the stuff and then goes around crushing things. You must create some reputation system that will carry from game to game...

sorry for piggy backing onto this post, but will there ever be a 'force inv drop' command? Because just a few minutes ago, i was playing on a pub dedicated with some friends, we were doing pretty well, then this guy came in, took everything(gears,gold,stone EVERYTHING) then just left with all our stuff.

8 hours ago, 772911_1452795010 said:

sorry for piggy backing onto this post, but will there ever be a 'force inv drop' command? Because just a few minutes ago, i was playing on a pub dedicated with some friends, we were doing pretty well, then this guy came in, took everything(gears,gold,stone EVERYTHING) then just left with all our stuff.

You might want to take a look at Simple Protection mod, or similar mod offering protection.

Protect your world with a password and play with your friends without being bothered. You have to remember that many of these "Leeches" are just kids or new players that are bad at the game and often still don't understand most basic game mechanics. Can't really play a online game and expect people not to be bad ;) Password ftw. I think giving new players a negative rating system is not too welcoming.

On 4/3/2016 at 10:05 PM, GangStarrWoWp said:

Protect your world with a password and play with your friends without being bothered. You have to remember that many of these "Leeches" are just kids or new players that are bad at the game and often still don't understand most basic game mechanics. Can't really play a online game and expect people not to be bad ;) Password ftw. I think giving new players a negative rating system is not too welcoming.

There should be some kind of punishment for rude play, like sitting in base eating all the food, but there currently isn't really one.  The current system doesn't discourage new players from these 'leech' tactics when they should be. 

I suppose a rating system would work better if there were perks to a positive rating, along with the punishments for a negative rating, so players are encouraged to rate up players they like as well as rate down players they don't like..  

Maybe increased item drops, or having a higher likelyhood of rarer drops for players with high ratings?  (could be abused, but hopefully difficult to abuse)  

It's hard to come up with perks that don't affect gameplay...

Maybe a cosmetic that's only available at a certain rating, cannot be traded, and disappears when a player goes below that rating?  (Trolls would go out of their way to downvote anyone with special cosmetic.....)  But on a side note, a special cosmetic that's forced on players with negative rating, so you can tell quickly if there's a troll in your base... (but that would encourage downvoting for little reason, Troll makes an Innocent -2 rating to make him look like troll, Innocent goes to other server, gets downvoted until ban....)

Any ideas? I know we all have a basic idea of what a negative rep should look like, but what about a positive rep?

On 06/04/2016 at 3:09 AM, KitcheVadimas said:

There should be some kind of punishment for rude play, like sitting in base eating all the food, but there currently isn't really one.  The current system doesn't discourage new players from these 'leech' tactics when they should be. 

I suppose a rating system would work better if there were perks to a positive rating, along with the punishments for a negative rating, so players are encouraged to rate up players they like as well as rate down players they don't like..  

Maybe increased item drops, or having a higher likelyhood of rarer drops for players with high ratings?  (could be abused, but hopefully difficult to abuse)  

It's hard to come up with perks that don't affect gameplay...

Maybe a cosmetic that's only available at a certain rating, cannot be traded, and disappears when a player goes below that rating?  (Trolls would go out of their way to downvote anyone with special cosmetic.....)  But on a side note, a special cosmetic that's forced on players with negative rating, so you can tell quickly if there's a troll in your base... (but that would encourage downvoting for little reason, Troll makes an Innocent -2 rating to make him look like troll, Innocent goes to other server, gets downvoted until ban....)

Any ideas? I know we all have a basic idea of what a negative rep should look like, but what about a positive rep?

You can often stop leeching by simply giving the leech a job. Standing in a base isn't any fun so most of them will do it because they don't know what else to do. If in doubt, get them to chop wood since you will always need wood. 

4 hours ago, BeastNips said:

You can often stop leeching by simply giving the leech a job. Standing in a base isn't any fun so most of them will do it because they don't know what else to do. If in doubt, get them to chop wood since you will always need wood. 

I once had a leech get mad at me for 'ordering people around' when I politely asked him to take stuff from the chests and patch up the tooth trap pit.  

On 4/4/2016 at 0:05 PM, GangStarrWoWp said:

The problem is with new people is that they arent always open to listening. Even if you tell them a million times not to take the bird from the cage, they do it anyway because they need 'food' when theres plenty in the icebox. And then they use lame excuses for doing so/leaving. Yes, we can play on our own private servers, but when none of your friends are on yet your still yearning for some dst a pub is the only way to go. 

On 4/11/2016 at 7:26 PM, KitcheVadimas said:

I once had a leech get mad at me for 'ordering people around' when I politely asked him to take stuff from the chests and patch up the tooth trap pit.  

Yeah, you'll always get those people. You get these in real life too. Sadly they're unavoidable. 

Archived