Early Access Update 7: Memory Check - Patch Notes

• Developer

post-251510-0-63484200-1416855547_thumb.

Click here to download the full 1920 x 1080 image!

As the pendulum swings, this is a lighter update than #6. As many predicted from the update poster, Shalem's archive loadout arrives. It's not as drastic an alternate as others have been (or will be), but Shalem has always been a little more blunt than the rest of the team.

The laser beams got a bit of a review. The lasers themselves cannot be hacked. Instead, they now have a generator attached to them that is used to turn them on and off. Also, the generator can be located in a very different part of the map than the beams. We hope this creates some more interesting situations than just see it and hack it. The effects of the wall beams have also been modified. Now they activate a daemon when triggered instead of inflicting KO damage. As it stands, it is possible to have one of the non lethal beams in your path that you have to cross. We're still reviewing how it plays.

The random events have been revised so that the results can now be modified by the agents skills. For example, the success of a hacking option will now benefit from the Hacking skill. This is in prep for a larger set of events to come.

There's also a handful of new programs and items to discover.

Patch notes for Update 7: Memory Check

Build 118085

New Features

* Shalem's Archive Loadout

* New Items and programs

* Game over will prompt for rewind, if one is available.

* guards have new idle animations.

* oh yeah, almost forgot, Banks splash art in :-)

Balance Changes

* Wall lasers now activate a daemon instead of causing KO.

* Kill lasers do not permanently kill agents anymore (they can be revived normally)

* Laser emitters short-circuit for a time after being tripped.

* Lasers are now controlled via laser generator units.

* Guard patrol path generation was tweaked.

* Random events can benefit from Skill attributes

Bug Fixes

* Fix possible interrogation crash if the target died.

* Better out-of-range handling for interrogation that behaves more like the CEO mission.

* Fix objective text for the CEO mission.

* Fix with the ordering of UI on the options screen.

* Scripted mission events won't replay unnecessarily when using the rewind feature.

* Fix for Rapier so that it is based on the actual alarm stage.

* Removed the cheat menu for Release builds.

* Fix a bug with dragging bodies when the dragger is KO'd.

* Removed the modal confirmation when cancelling the items dialog.

* Fixed some artefacting when displaying tooltips at certain resolutions.

* Fix for authority daemon not showing a modal notification.

* Fix a potential issue when clicking through screens during their activation transition.

* Mouse-up events will no longer select units if the camera was panned first to prevent inadvertent selections.

* Guards will get an interest at tiles they try to move into, but fail because an agent is there. They will also become alerted.

* Guard look-around will now notice more things.

Hot Fixes

Build 118094

* fixed a loading game crash.

Build 118291

* fixed difficulty tool tip descriptions

* fixed Nika's bio name

* fixed a bug with guards responding to the Hologrenade

* made the tooltip for the revive action more universal now that it's not just medgel

* scanner II + III names fixed

* fixed animation error with heavy guards

* fixed a UI lockup when using buster chip

Build 118883

* fixed a crash when guards trigger Daemons by walking into lasers

* fixed the Myomer augment inventory slot disappearing

* fixed Authority Daemon triggering off things other than safes

* fixed a bug with Taurus if there are no other mainframe targets available.

* the Alarm sound won't repeat each turn after alarm level 6.

* Incognita won't grey out in mainframe after selecting a KO target

* redundant PWR use tooltip on weapons removed.

new idles looks really fun (smokes animation looks little "weedy" though, at least with FTM guard, probably cause without visible smoke it looks like he keeps smoke inside as long as possible)
Will be great when you implement something like that for CEO (he just stays with his paralized arm as before), or new idles works not for everyone, but for some randomly chosen guys at level? Wow, guard intrigued by "malfunctioned" door stops smoking etc, that's cool!
Guard acts much smarter! (obviously, because they stop suffer from nicotine abstinent)) That's good thing that labour union of guards keep fighting for workers rights.
lance use gel's name at button's pop-up on fallen agent
FTM supporters can smoke through helmet (those electronic sigarettes from 2074 weird stuff indeed)

One huge change I just noticed: Guard on Stationary duty, when they walk back to their station after checking something out ("?") will return to their original facing.

Like I said, this is huge. It used to be you could maneuver these guards into uselessness by tricking them into leaving then returning to their station, and facing in a harmless direction. That is now no longer the case.

Another amazing thing: guard easily detect Shalem behind flower pot next to the door. If Deckard was still chief of security, he would be proud!

And I just saw something that's looks like really professional and succesful team-play from grenade-guy and camera-drone! They just earned a flawless victory! I still can't belive my eyes! 

And he pin poor young Shalem after that and do not forget to look around every turn at the same time! (he was doing it facing the wall though, but little step for one guard is huge step for all guard-kind! And his partner the-smartest-camera-drone-ever prevent him from being fooled! Flawless victory again! both agents stunned! here is no one to pin second, so I hoping it's not an instant lose for me yet... no! we lost contact with the team! bloody hell!)

oh my, I accidently pressed "abort mission" instead of "retire" for xp to unlock Shalem... it's works in so realistic and sad way now

I put detected small bugs in this comment and would rather complement it , instead of creating new posts or topics:

+ Nika said: "Their network topology is fascinating." (either she teasing Xu, either he use her image)

+ bug return: Captain doesn't returns back to his place after investigation

+ no warnings from Central or Incognita about scanning amp, objective just appears in right corner after 1st turn

~ is it intend for valuable tech to have pop-up when dropped on the floor but not in inventory?

+ "wireless scanner_II", probably it should be "wireless scanner II", ~ high tier scanners have no any skill requirements (not a bad thing IMO, for example play with stealth 1-2 much more interesting and challenging but high tier stealth rigs force me to buff it for more and more and things starts to be too easy)

~ security dispatch specific objective disappears when agent see safe with advanced tech (through locked door for example), not when he loot it. It looks little illogical from view of common sense, and could be harmful in case of continued game session after a long break
some updates ago rescued agents was labeled as "re-aquired" or something like that, was it removed accidently or for some purpose?

guard found hologram projector and keep doing something cool, but he also stuck on projector instead of picking it up

Another new bug is, after using buster chips, you can't now exit Incognita by hitting Space unless you first change what program is active.

+1

This is the most serious bug I've run across so far in this latest patch. Thanks for mentioning the workaround about changing Incognita programs, although that trick doesn't work when you're hit with a paradox daemon since all your Incognita programs disappear :nightmare:

I don't know of any other way to exit Incognita mode without using that workaround or ending your turn immediately. You can't even bring up the pause menu half the time, so saving and quitting is not an option. If you press Tab to switch to another agent, you do exit Incognita mode but you still can't do anything except end your turn. Most important of all, if you force close the game (End process via Task manager or press Alt+F4) while stuck in this broken mode, your save file is reset (saves deleted and you must start game from the beginning)!

I found a new item but I don't want to spoil it for anybody. But it's got me pretty happy. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't click below until you find the item with "rib" in its description.

Defib! I like it, all the benefits of the old perma-medgels with two relatively minor drawbacks that make it a viable option.

That's weird. You happen to have a screenshot of that?

It will be now, sure, since he stuck on projector instead of picking it up, I have plenty of chances to do it

step by step as Steam overlay allow:

2014-11-26_00016.jpg

2014-11-26_00017.jpg

2014-11-26_00018.jpg

2014-11-26_00019.jpg

Looks cool, but he stuck on it instead of picking, now enforcer too, exploit

yet, it's absolutely not bother recently arrived guard (enforcer was here because of "validate" daemon)

2014-11-26_00022.jpg

that rasta keep groovin with his joint and probably can start to laugh about enforcer costume at any moment

here's another small bug: he was described as stationary at turn when he stay here
also he suspected something suspicious in that situation only at door, in hologram noise radius

sadly there no drones or sound bugs to test, maybe it could affects them somehow

It will be now, sure, since he stuck on projector instead of picking it up, I have plenty of chances to do it

step by step as Steam overlay allow:

Looks cool, but he stuck on it instead of picking, now enforcer too, exploit

Yeay, this rare bug was already present in update 6. Never reported it, though.

post-481737-0-03161100-1416993647_thumb.

The guards get attracted by the sound. As soon as the walk away they return again, due to a guard B.

The cause:

guard A spots the hologram and goes to investigate.

guard B who is patrolling or something also spots the hologram and gets to the hologram first.

guard A is supposed to pickup the hologram, but doesn't because guard B got there first.

guard B doesn't pick up the hologram because guard A is supposed to pick it up.

Both guards are now attracted by the sound from being 1 tile away at this moment and also in hunting mode "!" Because they are in hunting mode, any guard that comes near the will be alerted and will also go and investigate.

Depending on how many of the 4 adjacent tiles are available, a max. of 4 guard can become stuck.

The other guards will go hunting for 1 turn. But they immediately return after that because they get alerted by "Hé, I hear something".

The cause:

guard A spots the hologram and goes to investigate.

guard B who is patrolling or something also spots the hologram and gets to the hologram first.

guard A is supposed to pickup the hologram, but doesn't because guard B got there first.

guard B doesn't pick up the hologram because guard A is supposed to pick it up.

that's great ideas indeed, but my guard was doing it alone, enforcer came here much-much later, specially for photosession

i.e. guard A stay on hologram since start and peeking around without moving anywhere 

of course those skipped for art purpose turns ended not very nice:

2014-11-26_00028.jpg

here's question for you then: why she can't shoot guy who can shoot her?

savegame.zip

On that note, I'll go to bed and wish you, guys, already catch all other bugs, if there is any, when I come back)

that's great ideas indeed, but my guard was doing it alone, enforcer came here much-much later, specially for photosession

i.e. guard A stay on hologram since start and peeking around without moving anywhere 

of course those skipped for art purpose turns ended not very nice:

here's question for you then: why she can't shoot guy who can shoot her?

attachicon.gifsavegame.zip

Because you can't see the guard.

I believe this is the cause. You have a blind spot at the very center of your FOV (also sins update 6 or 5)

post-481737-0-66884100-1416996906_thumb.

Archived