Don't Starve Together Mods FAQ

Does anybody know if you can install mods in the Mac version of the game? If so, how do you go about it?

I don't have a Mac machine myself. I "made" a couple of mods for a friend of mine who does, though, and I'd like to gift them to her with the most crystal clear instructions possible.

Incidentally, is there anything I should do to the files to make them usable in Mac? Giant noob here.

@Kanedork, Modding is the same everywhere. The best way to do it on all platforms is with the Steam Workshop-- it makes it really easy, you just subscribe and then open the mods menu in-game to enable them (opening the menu will download updates for them in the future, so do it every so often).

@matthewserns1, You shouldn't need to touch that to use mods anymore.

@Kanedork, Modding is the same everywhere. The best way to do it on all platforms is with the Steam Workshop-- it makes it really easy, you just subscribe and then open the mods menu in-game to enable them (opening the menu will download updates for them in the future, so do it every so often).

The problem with that is that this is a personal favor and, quite honestly, too much of a hack job to upload publicly. The Workshop is exclusively public, right? This is another person's character with a bit of an adjustment to accommodate a medical condition, so...

I am very glad to hear it's possible, though. 

@Kanedork, When you upload to the workshop you can set the visibility to friends-only. Otherwise, you can get the mod's folder and look up how to find the game files for Steam on your platform-- there's a mods folder in there, and just drop it inside and it should show up in the mods menu.

• Like 1

@Kanedork, When you upload to the workshop you can set the visibility to friends-only. Otherwise, you can get the mod's folder and look up how to find the game files for Steam on your platform-- there's a mods folder in there, and just drop it inside and it should show up in the mods menu.

Aha! Thank you very much, I did not know this. Again, massive newb here. :-)

hello, I need help, I have tried everything to get these mods to work for hours now, even using the metod you showed, and the mods do show up in my sever mods (some without icons tho), but when I go to charcter select, they are not there, and I have hit apply, restarted the game, etc. but i can't get them to work for the life of me, I think it might have to do with windows ten? or maybe I am dumb as bricks and can't find the serch button half the time. thank you for your time!

@rezecib   the world gen guild is outdated because the mod terrified doesn't works and i don't see any world gen mods anymore and i can't seem to get the mod to work i look all over the code and all seams fine just like the tutorial but now it doesn't work anymore so i need help because i'm trying to bring terrified's mod back to life and i think terrified is dead or just stopped playing don't starve because he wasent on for more then a year on the forms

2016-06-21.png

@BUTTERSKY11 Check your log and try to fix it. Any changes to worldgen since then that would've messed up the mod are more syntactic than structural, so it should be a fairly simple process of "look at where it crashed, figure out why, and fix" until it works again.

@BUTTERSKY11 Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_log.txt. You may also get crashes later that happen only server-side, if you're doing a surface+caves world, which will be in (if this is the 3rd save slot) Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_3/Master/server_log.txt (and also Cluster_3/Caves/server_log.txt).

• Like 1

Hi, I'm playing DST on a Mac (Steam), and I seem to be having issues with Mods, when I install them and go to the mods section, they appear, but there is no checkbox in order to activate them (unless I'm just blind) and I tried going into the game and the mod didn't seem to have activated.

@OskarDiLondra, welcome to the forums.

In the Mods menu only client mods can be enabled. Server mods for a particular world can be enabled in the Host Game menu, Mods tab.

What mods were you trying to enable? Maybe they were all server (server_only or all_client_require_mod) mods?

Hi, I've been trying to play with a few mods but I've experienced some issues. :( One of my friends already downloaded it so I don't think it has something to do with the mod itself, I've tried deleting it on the folder of mods, unsubscribing but I'd no luck so far. Anyone knows something about this issue?   

image.png

Hi guys!

I'm wondering what are the written-non-written rules about reuploading a mod to the workshop with a few modifications. Like for example let's say I make a few changes to the Combined Status mod, am I allowed to upload that to the workshop or should I contact the creator of the original mod and ask him for permission?

Thanks in advance!

On 7/15/2021 at 10:22 PM, SDavid said:

Hi guys!

I'm wondering what are the written-non-written rules about reuploading a mod to the workshop with a few modifications. Like for example let's say I make a few changes to the Combined Status mod, am I allowed to upload that to the workshop or should I contact the creator of the original mod and ask him for permission?

Thanks in advance!

I'd say the best first course of action it to try and contact the current mod's owner and see if you can merge your changes into the original. That way the workshop doesn't get bogged up with lots of slightly different versions of the same mod.

• Like 1

Well I tried to search topic, but didn't found any related with my question. Does PauseHack mod exists?
Well, you know... QoL + Hallowed Nights Update gave us ability to pause server. I don't understand some mechanics in pause feature, can some objects be paused while other thing's aren't. Is it possible to pause everything except something (player, bushes, trees, moving objects, fire spread, etc.)?