Music in DST?

@dabomb48 Well, if you check the music files both in DS and DST you'll notice something. Their size is the same. What could you conclude from it? There are music in the game. Except that while in DS the music is allowed by the devs, in DST it isn't. If you can find a way to enable it with the 'scrips' or 'scriptlibs' you don't need to wait till the devs fix it.

attachicon.gif#getrekt.png

@dabomb48 Well, if you check the music files both in DS and DST you'll notice something. Their size is the same. What could you conclude from it? There are music in the game. Except that while in DS the music is allowed by the devs, in DST it isn't. If you can find a way to enable it with the 'scrips' or 'scriptlibs' you don't need to wait till the devs fix it.

No, he means if it's ingame (like if it's played ingame) not in the files. 

No, but the reason why the game doesn't have music yet is because it's entirely for the fact that all the sounds play across the game. If you were sewing a piece of clothing (like a top hat) then every player would hear it. Not just you or within a vicinity (which is somewhat in but would be better if it was worked on). But if they put in music, it most likely have to be through the client, which could fix the reason why people hear actions being played all over. But then again, I don't write in any sort of coding program, so what do I know!

@greenglacier The reason there isn't music is because this line in player_common is commented out:

--TODO AFTER PAX: V2C: dynamic music not network safe yet        --inst:AddComponent("dynamicmusic")

Enabling it will cause dawn/dusk music to work, but it crashed me once when it tried to do combat music. So I wouldn't recommend re-enabling it.

@greenglacier The reason there isn't music is because this line in player_common is commented out:

--TODO AFTER PAX: V2C: dynamic music not network safe yet        --inst:AddComponent("dynamicmusic")

Enabling it will cause dawn/dusk music to work, but it crashed me once when it tried to do combat music. So I wouldn't recommend re-enabling it.

So, rezecib, do any of the other songs (like the work song and when ragtime is played on a phonograph) work? Or do they just cause crashes. Also, do you think you'll make a mod of the music for DST if you can (it's just a recommendation)?

Archived