Early Access Update 6: Archive Ghosts - Patch Notes

I'm not a big fan of the nerf of Internationale's Wireless Scanner. I really liked its ability to scan in its large radius and find things that were most likely essential to hack, and now that it no longer has its huge radius, I'm feeling a little lost since I've come to rely on that ability. Also Internationale is my favorite agent, and a big nerf like that kinda throws her out of my favor, which kinda hurts. :/

I also really liked her ability to hack consoles from afar.

Another thing I'm not liking too much is the new door noises. Like onedollarwilliam has mentioned, they seem a little too high tech, and I personally like the sound of the traditional door better. I'm somewhat used to the new sound now, but I would much prefer the old sounds better.

I also noticed Dr.Xu's age being 53 in game. I was greatly confused because he looks like he's around his mid-30s in the artwork.

Keep up the great work though! I'm in love with the game, and I can't wait for more great developments!

Edit: Internationale doesn't have her item because I updated the game in the middle of a long run of endless mode. My mistake.

I  really love all of the little touches, like little graphical touch-ups and sound effects, not to mention the change to the mission music. Wonderful stuff, klei. Wonderful. This is very much starting to look like a finished, polished game (though i know it isn't yet). 

Emergency Drip now works when your PWR is less than 3. Boosts it up to 3 PWR.   

most overpowered program nerfed? o_o

Nika, we got a problem!

About age of dr.Xu: it's 2074, improved medicine, every prof could look attractive for his students etc (I'll just remember scene from "Back to the Future II", when doc.Brown tell that he improve his health and has plastic operation to look younger))

About age of dr.Xu: it's 2074, improved medicine, every prof could look attractive for his students etc (I'll just remember scene from "Back to the Future II", when doc.Brown tell that he improve his health and has plastic operation to look younger))

Hm, I just always assumed from the description in the modded shock trap that Xu was a Phd. student and not a prof.

Still, if the age is correct, that makes Xu the Invisible inc equivalent of an Elf in The Lord of The Rings who doesn't age, except it's because of Science instead of magic.

Dr. Xu, Science Elf. Snerk.

• Developer

Doctor Xu's current in-game age actually dates from an older (ha!) version of the character that was supposed to be a transhumanist type that was addicted to augmentation. With his new background, a slightly lower age (early 40s?) would probably be more appropriate.

Now I see, Deckard not only a pro, but also real hardcore retro fan, even on mission that could be his last one he can proudly go cosplay Darkwing Duck  :encouragement:

(so they report "fired for drunkness"? Huh, you can not trust any of this intolerable disney-haters at corporate personnel department)

Now I see, Deckard not only a pro, but also real hardcore retro fan, even on mission that could be his last one he can proudly go cosplay Darkwing Duck  :encouragement:

So they report "fired for drunkness"? Huh, you can not trust any of this intolerable disney-haters at corporate personnel department)

Granted, you can't really get away with being drunk and head of security at the same time.

I like the new animation when they stop running. looks funny and cool  :grin:

I really don't like some of the changes made to Internationale though. 

First of all it goes against making agents unique if her ability is now an item.

Her - now - item is the only starting item not available from a Nanofab (inconsistent behavior) and above all, it doesn't make sense to make a passive item, we have a name for that, it's called an augment...

I like the effect of it but not the implementation. I like how she reveals things around her passively now. I love that I don't have to scan all the time, which is something I used to do regularly before the update. It has the weird effect of making you go in a room right when you thought it's time to go back to the elevator.

ooh a vault, I'll just hack it and go back *moves closer to vault and reveals a nanofab* well, I'll just check what's in that nanofab and then go back *moves towards nanofab and reveals a large vault* weeeellll....

For me this a massive improvement to her ability, one I didn't even know needed to be improved. I know its greed inducing effect will bite me in the ass one day, but I just love it  :grin:.

So, I just went into a Detention Center, and when I got to the Prisoner and freed him, the game added a steady drum beat to the music track.

So here I am going to say one thing. Is Klei ever going to release the soundtrack to Invisible Inc like they've released the soundtrack for Don't Starve? Because in all honesty, I find that Invisble inc uses music even better to set the mood for the game, especially as the alarms get added.

And now with this additional beat for when you're busting a prisoner out... oh it's so catchy. Part of me wants for this stage to go on forever so I can keep listening.

Reading the comments, I might be the only one that likes new Internationale better. Don’t forget that levels have gotten somewhat smaller, and I have a feeling that running down a corridor, she now discovers more stuff than the old version (where you would activate the ability at one point only).

I do agree that her ability should be an augment and not an inventory item, though.

BTW Is it only me or has the game gotten easier? I am experiencing a lot less drones, for example. I have completed Story Mode on normal and it felt easier than easy felt before. (I have hardly played in the last 2-3 weeks though, so I am not sure if this is an effect of this patch or of the former one.)

Those supporting guys little crazy, I'm like "Go stealthy, nobody see me coming, well, ok, just a little question mark, let em do their 'must be imagination' work", move further, almost forget about them, when turn or two later "BAAM" from afar "Me grenade! Me throw! Ma corporation gimme lot a grenade!"

P.S. everything awesome! I failed already four or five attempts to beat story mode with archive team, that was great! ^_^

and one time because my agent was pinned (maybe accidently, guy just was laying on the same tile and rise up first) after supporting guy nice throw

doesn't met any real bug yet

The only thing that strikes me as a little bit wierd is I had a vault mission with the corperation that uses all the drones/robots (cant remember their name) and level was insane drones anr botos evrywherre as well literally untold lazer barriers infrared beams, I had one corridor with like 5 down its length. While this was awsome(was one of the best missions I have ever completed)

Due to the amount of turns I needed to complete it the lvl was awash with gaurds drones robots lazer graphics etc and I experienced for the first time ever in this game some slowdown.. Now I know my computer can easily handle such things was wondering if this points to a possible issue .

Great update btw :D

Rewind the game to begin of alarm level will bring a nice and elegant way to restore the game for those who play for fun and don`t want to spend hours in it to master the game.

Are you implying that other people don't play for fun? You have very narrow idea of fun then.

I like the idea of different versions of agents. It's a nice touch and adds more variety to selection. I like what has been done on blind spots too. Hopefully people will use them more often after playing the tutorial rather than KOing guards the first chance they get.

Balance Changes

* International's scanning ability becomes an item and now works passively.

* Augments and inventory are now two separate groups.

This means that if you pick up Internationale in a Detention Center that she can no longer active-scan through walls for cameras...

Even though her augment says it can.

Shop Augments Slots - So, smexy new augments slot introduced, but just tried to buy a net downlink augment in an acme shop, went into the inventory slot, not augment spot  -_- Klei, why the tease? ^^

Shop Augments KO? - While I think on it too, has been on my mind for a few updates. The cyberlab machines that install an augment to the agent knocks them out, but an identical augment bought from a shop does not? Again, hate to see it made a harder game... but….

International Scanner – Interesting change on the limited time I’ve played with it… I can’t say one way or another if I like the change. An option for maybe an ‘over charge’ effect that maybe costs a power or on a cool down for a few tiles extra maybe a nice feature to consider.

Also, like a few who have mentioned, I also would dig the snot out of a soundtrack from this stonking game. As always thanks for you efforts and a fab game!

Shop Augments KO? - While I think on it too, has been on my mind for a few updates. The cyberlab machines that install an augment to the agent knocks them out, but an identical augment bought from a shop does not? Again, hate to see it made a harder game... but….

They changed that, actually.

If you go to a cybernetic lab, only installing new augment slots knocks your agent out for two turns. Installing the pre-loaded augment doesn't knock your agent out anymore. It's quite interesting, really. It gives you a better reason to visit Cybernetic labs, because extra augment slots are very nice.

Shop Augments Slots - So, smexy new augments slot introduced, but just tried to buy a net downlink augment in an acme shop, went into the inventory slot, not augment spot -_- Klei, why the tease? ^^

Augments now go into the inventory first, they give you "install" option when you click on them.

Archived