What I have to do to apply mods I used before in DST

As you see my profile, I really love this spider guy.

I mean.. I made some mods which can allow me to choose other characters.

It actually worked out well with single-play contents.

In DST however, it always shows me a signal like "WARNING"

I thought that it was only case for me, so I applied other mods from workplace in Steam,

But.. all of them did not worked.

Is there something wrong with me? or DST is not completely created yet to apply mods?

As you see my profile, I really love this spider guy.

I mean.. I made some mods which can allow me to choose other characters.

It actually worked out well with single-play contents.

In DST however, it always shows me a signal like "WARNING"

I thought that it was only case for me, so I applied other mods from workplace in Steam,

But.. all of them did not worked.

Is there something wrong with me? or DST is not completely created yet to apply mods?

I put a spoiler to save room

My advice is try recoding your mod to be DST compatible. Most of the modders most likely will not do it because of personal issues or just being too damn lazy.

Okay good to know that mods don't work for this game.  It took me a while to find this thread; the question of whether mods work or not needs to be addressed in the FAQ.

My advice is try recoding your mod to be DST compatible. Most of the modders most likely will not do it because of personal issues or just being too damn lazy.

That's a little harsh.  I'm also frustrated that I can't use my Don't Starve mods in DST.  But Don't Starve Together is a closed Beta, with a substantially smaller number of players to serve than the DS itself. 

I'm not surprised that these mod developers are unwilling to do continuous development, which I picture as trying to hit a moving target.  Again, reaching only a fraction of the players they did developing for DS.

That's a little harsh.  I'm also frustrated that I can't use my Don't Starve mods in DST.  But Don't Starve Together is a closed Beta, with a substantially smaller number of players to serve than the DS itself. 

I'm not surprised that these mod developers are unwilling to do continuous development, which I picture as trying to hit a moving target.  Again, reaching only a fraction of the players they did developing for DS.

I'm sorry for sounding rude here but on the Steam Workshop, there's a lot of unfinished mods out there. Take the DS TMI for example, the initial guy who wrote it stopped updating it and then another guy just put in some things in RoG and didn't bother to look for bugs.

Once again, I'm sorry for being rude but it's just that I'm just worried about the DS modding community.

Still better than the Terraria modding community.

Archived