Why Willow should be immune to heat when RoG is implemented, at least in DST

30 members have voted

1. 1. How should Willow be changed for RoG's heat problem?

• She should be immune to heat.
    • She should have endothermic fire abilities during Summer and have an endothermic lighter during the season.
    • Nothing should be changed.

So here's the deal: Because her lighter gives off heat, and because she is immune to fire she needs heat resistance.

Okay, may be not that in that simple matter. She only has a lighter that gives off a bit of heat and doesn't have an endothermic fire. So if you're playing as Willow during Summer and it's night you'll have to make an endothermic fire. However, since she has an everlasting lighter, she in other words is a character that should be able to run around night freely. Since her lighter gives off heat, as I mentioned earlier, her walking through the night of summer would either mean that she dies of heat or... dies of heat? Because she makes fire when she is in complete darkness, which would also heat her up: she basically is killing herself. Having endothermic fire powers for her during summer would be interesting, however that would kind of take away the idea of how her fire works and who she is. Starting endothermic fires in summer and having the lighter endothermic during summer would be great, but... Actually I'll make a poll. You tell me which idea you like better: her having endothermic fire powers and an endothermic lighter during summer, or immunity to heat as well.

Just a note: In realisty, the fact that the fire is hot actually makes it happen and heat is the reason why it is deadly to people. If Willow is immune to fire, but can die because of its heat, then it's just total science-fiction and even worse than Warrior pigs attacking normal Pigs, yet normal Pigs protecting them, if anyone attacks Warrior pigs (and that already is complete bull).

XirmiX, it's not because of lore. It's because it would be overpowered. Not overpowered in the sense of "man her numbers are 10% bigger than anyone else's! nerf plz!", but in the sense of "this is stupidly broken and removes the validity of other characters entirely".

Edit: If she had a different mechanic that could be utilized (at some cost) to give her heat-resistance, I'd be okay with that. Toros and I made a suggestion along those lines here.

XirmiX, it's not because of lore. It's because it would be OP. Not OP in the sense of "man her numbers are 10% bigger than anyone else's! nerf plz!", but in the sense of "this is stupidly broken and removes the validity of other characters entirely".

I don't understand what you're saying.

I think Willow has very flame retardent skin, but her organs are completely normal. Maybe it is just a mind over matter type of thing, but her mind is weaker than others so sometimes the flame retardent doesn't matter. Maybe it is just magic. That being said, Willow should stay how she is.

I don't think she should be IMMUNE to heat (that's way too much) but like Wilson has some extra winter resistance with his beard, I think it'd be reasonable for Willow to have a little extra heat resistance in summer. It's not like her fire immunity is worth all that much as it is, anyway...

I don't think she should be IMMUNE to heat (that's way too much) but like Wilson has some extra winter resistance with his beard, I think it'd be reasonable for Willow to have a little extra heat resistance in summer. It's not like her fire immunity is worth all that much as it is, anyway...

Yeah, for a moment I thought about that too... Or may be, the program could be changed a bit: like she could only overheat when the season is summer.

It looks to me like most of those who voted are voting for not changing anything, however, the immunity to heat for Willow and no immunity are pretty close in votes. Remember, that I did not vote on any of those myself, as I really want to see your opinions.

This is basically a repeat of the same thread when RoG came out. Willow should never been immune to heat, because that would be way too overpowered. That's like saying we should have a character that is immune to freezing. Heck, why not add a character that is immune to damage? :p See how silly that is? 

If you don't like summer, don't play with summer on. Easy :p 

I didn't vote because I think complete immunity to over heating would be broken, (summer cake-walk) I think higher heat resistance than the other characters would work though, and maybe the regular lighter just acts like an endothermic lighter during summer (I don't want to carry 2 lighters around, nor start with 2 lighters).

Archived