2 dedicated servers running and none's there -_-

So, I'm guessing Dedicated servers is a new thing now? Cause looking in the server list, I found two of them, both of which were password protected and PvP as well. There is 0/32 players there. Why would someone create a server, not allow anyone to join and not play by themselves? Like what the heck? They are lucky to have Dedicated servers, yet they're not doing anything with them. I'm so confused... How did they even get the "dedicated" servers? Do you need a server of your own?

Maybe its part of klei testing and theres something wrong?... nobody else has the ability to use dedicated servers so it makes sense..

The servers are called:

Amazon East

Digital Ocean West

Could they really be Dev servers? If devs already have dedicated servers, then how come we can't get any? And why is none there? If devs are trying to test the servers, then why are they empty? And why 32 people limit? Are they trying to push the limit of people in one server to 32, and eventually 64?

Btw: how long till the next DST update?

They're definitely Klei servers. They're not even up-to-date.

Does Klei let people into those servers sometimes? Or do they use those servers for their own testing only? And how come only they have Dedicated servers? Do they not have enough to let other people host maps with them yet?

Does Klei let people into those servers sometimes? Or do they use those servers for their own testing only? And how come only they have Dedicated servers? Do they not have enough to let other people host maps with them yet?

For all we know, their "dedicated servers" are just a computer in-house dedicated to only running the servers. As far as I know, no, they don't let people on. And last time someone checked, the servers weren't even up to date.

There were three password-protected dedicated servers up since private beta. It looks like they went down a while ago and now two are back up. If you try joining it just hangs at a black screen indefinitely, so I don't think anyone's been on them.

Archived