What did Long Pig look like before it was removed?

I agree with your point, but I don't see how insulting him as neccessary.

Then you dont quite get it, the whole point of the post was how the use of language can bend a point to a persons will and that the whole thing is , in the end  silly.

I dont really think he is a xenophobic racist monster.

but i could easily make the case  for or against that point . That being said I would ask the person in question to keep in mind that there are people that get annoyed when someone uses word smithing to create a moral high ground where there isnt one.

its a cartoon game. not real life,

Wellllllllllllllllllllll... Klei should make a mod or an option alowing to enable human meat. Anyway, don't starve (like all of the stuff in steam) should be not officialy rated +13, due to steam's joining policy (I agree with blah blah blah and am 13 or older), so there would be no need for censorship. At the other hand call of duty, which is +18 is played by 10-12 year old kids and nobody gives a ****! (censored this by myself). A bit loose text, but I guess you know what I want to say. 

Are you retarded? "Nobody giving a ****!" doesn't mean that's ok, it means that lot of people have no empathy, no regard for higher values and are just mindless zombies.

And it's the same with the whole long pig thing - anyone who supports this kind of behavior possible in any media shouldn't be allowed into human society, as he's basically degraded himself to something... even lover than animal. If you can't see a difference between dead human and dead animal, and you can't feel anything... you're a psycho.

Are you retarded? "Nobody giving a ****!" doesn't mean that's ok, it means that lot of people have no empathy, no regard for higher values and are just mindless zombies.

And it's the same with the whole long pig thing - anyone who supports this kind of behavior possible in any media shouldn't be allowed into human society, as he's basically degraded himself to something... even lover than animal. If you can't see a difference between dead human and dead animal, and you can't feel anything... you're a psycho.

You´re hilarious...

But seriously though, cannibalism would have been freaking cool! Shame.

--

Below are two pictures.

cow__001web-2.jpgxcgEAGacA.jpeg

Both of the pictures perfectly demonstrate that the cow (or the virtual representation of a cow) in the picture is deceased.

The difference is that the first picture is what you might not want children to see while the second picture is perfectly fine for children to see.

But if going by your logic, both pictures are equally sick and disgusting for children.

You are clearly implying that seeing a sketched caricature of a tiny midget putting air in its mouth whilst making a gulping sound is the exact equivalent of a human being chopping up his other sentient human comrades whilst violently cannibalizing his meat.

If your opinion is different than mine, that doesn't mean that you can call me retarded or a psycho. If if you are the one that thinks that he knows who is who, then please, go play God somewhere else

Below are two pictures.

cow__001web-2.jpgxcgEAGacA.jpeg

Both of the pictures perfectly demonstrate that the cow (or the virtual representation of a cow) in the picture is deceased.

The difference is that the first picture is what you might not want children to see while the second picture is perfectly fine for children to see.

But if going by your logic, both pictures are equally sick and disgusting for children.

You are clearly implying that seeing a sketched caricature of a tiny midget putting air in its mouth whilst making a gulping sound is the exact equivalent of a human being chopping up his other sentient human comrades whilst violently cannibalizing his meat.

Yes, thats right. Because both things carry the same massage - in case of cow it's " it's ok for cow to be dead/to kill the cow" and in case of midget... "it's ok to eat a human being" Clear as that. I agree though  that the cartoon image is more likely to appear before child.

@JustA4ever

Ok sorry about that, I got a little emotional there.

What I meant was " in my opinion you are retarded and/or psycho because you obviously don't have a feelings which in my opinion sane human being should have"

I believe you can develop such feelings though, you just have to open to other people, appreciate beauty, realize that we are not sacks of meat and are made for higher purposes. It won't be easy, but I sincerely hope for your best.

Also, don't call it "playing God", please, that would be a blasphemy.

@Adam

Sorry there mate. I just believe it's important topic, worth reviewing many times so I had to voice my opinion, even though it wasn't an original intent of this topic.

Yes, thats right. Because both things carry the same massage - in case of cow it's " it's ok for cow to be dead/to kill the cow" and in case of midget... "it's ok to eat a human being" Clear as that. I agree though that the cartoon image is more likely to appear before a child.

How is getting a large sanity loss and health loss showing that it's okay?

The actual simple message of both pictures is "The cow is dead."

The simple message of the sketched midget gulping air is "He ate something".

The simple message of the sketched item that resembles a small rock called "Long Pig" being dragged from the HUD towards the sketched midget then showing the air-gulp animation before being demonstrated that the sketched midget became insane is "Eating your friend is crazy."

And what gives the idea that cannibalism in a FICTIONAL GAME made to be dark and uncompromising that is not even made for small children should have no unfriendly content whatsoever?

Yes, thats right. Because both things carry the same massage - in case of cow it's " it's ok for cow to be dead/to kill the cow" and in case of midget... "it's ok to eat a human being" Clear as that. I agree though  that the cartoon image is more likely to appear before child.(Snipped your post to relevant talking points in my post)

You seem to be taking a misstep of logic, that showing something means the creator thinks its okay. Thats a pretty bad misstep to be honest. Especially since cannibalism would actually hurt you in the game. 

To get back to the cow comparison, you assumed that the act of showing a dead cow means that the person said "its okay for the cow to be dead/to kill the cow". This is a jump in and of itself. To me, it is just a picture of a dead cow. It has no statement on that dead cow, just that the cow is dead.

On Topic: why was long pig white? Seems really like an odd color for it. 

9ZPwg66.png

Is it just me? Or does that look like it would be the perfect food item for Arctic Wolves, if they were ever added to the game (either by Klei or Modders). The jerky has that same grey/white colour that Arctic Wolves have. The uncooked version looks like one of the wolves' hindquarters (if you were to cut it off). And the cooked version looks... well.. cooked.

Here's a pic of an Arctic Wolf, for the jerky reference:

Snow-Wolf-wolves-6577339-600-468.jpg

==============

WOLF MOD NOW PLZZZ (appears in winter)

==============

EDIT: Before anyone tries suggesting:

It wouldn't go well with the Ice Hound, cos the colours of the Ice Hound are light blue and dark blue , not grey/white

Well, you sure do need to learn some English.

Well, maturity rating exists for a reason. IMO, when small children managed to 'learn' from games with mature content, it's the parents' fault for not supervising their children. Unfortunately, most parents don't want to admit that it's their fault and just puts the blame on the games themselves even when these games are not intended to actually be played by children.

Anyway, "Long Pig" would be a great addition to the game's 'creepy and dark' style wherein you end up eating your friends just to survive.

I WANT TO EAT MY FRIEND I WANT TO EAT MY FRIEND #longpigmodhypetraingo

In responce to the person who said that we are more. No we are not. We are just delusional sacks of meat who wander through our tiny fragment of the cosmos thinking we are more than we are. There is nothing above us, no sky dady, no secret cabal of speritual essence wating to rescue us. Leave the game alone. We are meat.

Why are religious nutters even playing a magic game? Why do they even have a voice in this?

In responce to the person who said that we are more. No we are not. We are just delusional sacks of meat who wander through our tiny fragment of the cosmos thinking we are more than we are. There is nothing above us, no sky dady, no secret cabal of speritual essence wating to rescue us. Leave the game alone. We are meat.

Why are religious nutters even playing a magic game? Why do they even have a voice in this?

Yes we are meat, but this game has taken enough dark turns and as @SethR said "This game is for kids" which means that we shouldn't have a guy eating another guy. In a game rated higher (like a T or M game) that would make sense, here, no. It doesn't have to be in there. If you want cannibalism, fine. Go make it yourself, it's 5 lines of code as @rezecib said.

Yes we are meat, but this game has taken enough dark turns and as @SethR said "This game is for kids" which means that we shouldn't have a guy eating another guy. In a game rated higher (like a T or M game) that would make sense, here, no. It doesn't have to be in there. If you want cannibalism, fine. Go make it yourself, it's 5 lines of code as @rezecib said.

Just because a game is for kids does not mean that it cannot discuss the issues of human existence. The brothers grim was full of gory dark tails that were designed as educational tools. Children of the ages that this game is designed for should know of things that are both good and bad otherwise coddling them will only lead to weaklings who cannot make choices in the grim face of reality. I grew up playing fallout 2 and used to breed animals of all kinds because I was thought what sex was at an early age. I knew many things my peers did not, and as a result it has made me MORE moral instead of less. People have little morality when they are never faced with things that make them cement their moral code. The Bible itself is filled with stories of mass murder, incest, rapes, sexual escapades, more murder, war, and lots of other negative things. How is that any different? How is that book the “most holy” if it has so many negative things. Its because of the message, and the message in Don't Starve is clear too. Sure you can do it, but it is a messed up thing to do. That is what they were saying. So what was the problem again? You have no argument here.

Just because a game is for kids does not mean that it cannot discuss the issues of human existence. The brothers grim was full of gory dark tails that were designed as educational tools. Children of the ages that this game is designed for should know of things that are both good and bad otherwise coddling them will only lead to weaklings who cannot make choices in the grim face of reality. I grew up playing fallout 2 and used to breed animals of all kinds because I was thought what sex was at an early age. I knew many things my peers did not, and as a result it has made me MORE moral instead of less. People have little morality when they are never faced with things that make them cement their moral code. The Bible itself is filled with stories of mass murder, incest, rapes, sexual escapades, more murder, war, and lots of other negative things. How is that any different? How is that book the “most holy” if it has so many negative things. Its because of the message, and the message in Don't Starve is clear too. Sure you can do it, but it is a messed up thing to do. That is what they were saying. So what was the problem again? You have no argument here.

I understand that but you don't have to be rude about it. Most kids don't endure this because some are too young and immature to handle it. From what you're saying it's really rude, I'm agnostic (or I don't choose a religion or atheism but I am okay with people being religious or atheist but I don't want people to try and make me convert to said religion or try an make me atheist). I do agree the bible is a screwed up book for being "Holy" but that doesn't mean you have to use it. People use the bible as a fail safe a lot for what you just said despite it being a good thing. The problem is most people that want cannibalism should just make the mob as @rezecib said it's 5 lines (5 freaking lines for their and my own sake it's not hard!) Now please, good sir, don't make me have to report you.

Also to answer this topic's question the long pig would probably be either a white dead pig, the character's body when dead, or it'd drop the meat while dying.

Archived