What did Long Pig look like before it was removed?

It wasn't "removed", exactly. It just no longer drops. Someone posted pictures of it before, but I can't seem to find it, so I made a new one:

9ZPwg66.png

Edit: Look, guys, this is not a discussion of whether to bring back cannibalism officially. There already were several very long, heated discussions on the topic, and SethR has already made an official stance on it. It's not going to change, the dev effort has already been put into thinking it through.

It wasn't "removed", exactly. It just no longer drops. Someone posted pictures of it before, but I can't seem to find it, so I made a new one:

9ZPwg66.png

Can it be spawned via console? I really want to see what it looks like in-game. :p

Why is human meat no more???

"waaaah waah cannibalism bad waaah dst should be a kiddie game waaaah waaah"

Basically because people thought it was "too much" for younger players, which is very ironic because the sanity mechanic is a lot worse and also because Don't Starve isn't really a happy rainbow minecraft land for kids to play on.

"waaaah waah cannibalism bad waaah dst should be a kiddie game waaaah waaah"

Basically because people thought it was "too much" for younger players, which is very ironic because the sanity mechanic is a lot worse and also because Don't Starve isn't really a happy rainbow minecraft land for kids to play on.

Wellllllllllllllllllllll... Klei should make a mod or an option alowing to enable human meat. Anyway, don't starve (like all of the stuff in steam) should be not officialy rated +13, due to steam's joining policy (I agree with blah blah blah and am 13 or older), so there would be no need for censorship. At the other hand call of duty, which is +18 is played by 10-12 year old kids and nobody gives a ****! (censored this by myself). A bit loose text, but I guess you know what I want to say. 

They intentionally left it in so that all you have to do to mod it in is add it to the drops from players. It's like... a 5-line mod, tops. You could probably do it in one line.

I wish I could lua... But in school we are learning c++ (i like it though) and I'm too lazy to learn lua.  :frown:

I want to eat my friends brain and flesh, put that back! Anyway kids see and know already many things... I was a very little kid 12 year ago and I watched at movies such saw silent hill and other crap movies and games with high violence and gore elements. I not a serial killer now and some brain damaged. It's all about education... If parents can afford a computer and internet they should be able to educate their kids to not eat their friends or shoot people in streets like in GTA. People should grow a brain before talking "games are violent".

Eating other animals is easy to take.. becaure are dumb and not smart like us humans, what a great species. But eating a player is not fine because duuh is cannibalism, this is wrooong.

I want too a option like pvp option in server for cannibalism. Maybe others don't want to play just farmville, planting flowers and stuff, not all of us are a gardener.

I want to eat my friends brain and flesh, put that back! Anyway kids see and know already many things... I was a very little kid 12 year ago and I watched at movies such saw silent hill and other crap movies and games with high violence and gore elements. I not a serial killer now and some brain damaged. It's all about education... If parents can afford a computer and internet they should be able to educate their kids to not eat their friends or shoot people in streets like in GTA. People should grow a brain before talking "games are violent".

Eating other animals is easy to take.. becaure are dumb and not smart like us humans, what a great species. But eating a player is not fine because duuh is cannibalism, this is wrooong.

I want too a option like pvp option in server for cannibalism. Maybe others don't want to play just farmville, planting flowers and stuff, not all of us are a gardener.

Well, you sure do need to learn some English.

Well, maturity rating exists for a reason. IMO, when small children managed to 'learn' from games with mature content, it's the parents' fault for not supervising their children. Unfortunately, most parents don't want to admit that it's their fault and just puts the blame on the games themselves even when these games are not intended to actually be played by children.

Anyway, "Long Pig" would be a great addition to the game's 'creepy and dark' style wherein you end up eating your friends just to survive.

Anyway, "Long Pig" would be a great addition to the game's 'creepy and dark' style wherein you end up eating your friends just to survive.

"It is quite hard for two or more people to starve together as one will inevitably begin starting to eat the other." - Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

Well, you sure do need to learn some English.

Well, maturity rating exists for a reason. IMO, when small children managed to 'learn' from games with mature content, it's the parents' fault for not supervising their children. Unfortunately, most parents don't want to admit that it's their fault and just puts the blame on the games themselves even when these games are not intended to actually be played by children.

No, @SethR said he removed it because it was too dark for a game E10+

Pigs eat everything. It's okay for that to be left in.

Like how certain animals keep eating since animals (mainly dogs) don't know when to stop eating.

I still don't see how an 11-year-old will get scarred for life when he sees his friend drop "long pig" as he dies.

I also don't see how a mild representation of the bad effects of cannibalism is any 'darker' than the insanity system.

I still don't see how an 11-year-old will get scarred for life when he sees his friend drop "long pig" as he dies.

I also don't see how a mild representation of the bad effects of cannibalism is any 'darker' than the insanity system.

Horror about personal things that harmed you when you're younger. For me it's cat cries. Usually when they're in pain.

And the insanity system is dark but not too dark. It just says "If you go insane, you're going to see scary monsters" that's like a Halloween thing. The insanity system looking at it without seeing backstory wouldn't harm a kid but seeing someone eat another would cause some sort of commotion, humanity is a bunch of omnivores but many of us are civilized enough to know that we don't have to eat each other.

Horror about personal things that harmed you when you're younger. For me it's cat cries. Usually when they're in pain.

And the insanity system is dark but not too dark. It just says "If you go insane, you're going to see scary monsters" that's like a Halloween thing. The insanity system looking at it without seeing backstory wouldn't harm a kid but seeing someone eat another would cause some sort of commotion, humanity is a bunch of omnivores but many of us are civilized enough to know that we don't have to eat each other.

In the game, it tells you that eating your own kind is insane. Civilized people know that eating your own kind is insane.

It would only be 'too dark' if the game tells you that eating human is delicious and normal and makes it give 100 hunger, 100 sanity, and 100 health when eaten.

By significantly damaging your sanity, the game already notifies you that you're a crazy sicko because you ate your friend.

Anyway, Don't Starve is never supposed to be happy rainbow cupcake minecraft land for children to harmlessly play on. It's supposed to be a dark, harsh, cruel, and depressing environment wherein you are forced to survive using insticts and experience.

In the game, it tells you that eating your own kind is insane. Civilized people know that eating your own kind is insane.

It would only be 'too dark' if the game tells you that eating human is delicious and normal and makes it give 100 hunger, 100 sanity, and 100 health when eaten.

By significantly damaging your sanity, the game already notifies you that you're a crazy sicko because you ate your friend.

Anyway, Don't Starve is never supposed to be happy rainbow cupcake minecraft land for children to harmlessly play on. It's supposed to be a dark, harsh, cruel, and depressing environment wherein you are forced to survive using insticts and experience.

SethR basically stated that Don't Starve has always been on the edge of dark and gruesome, even with most of the silly animations and other silly things. Adding longpig made the game feel like it was trying almost too hard to be dark and gruesome. He goes way more in depth on one of the livestreams they do, I just forgot which. Either way, they are not adding it back in. You can download a simple mod to bring it back in though. 

I find it hilarious how  silly your position is, you are fine with people murdering sentiant pigs that have obvious culture and are quite civilized.

But then you go all peta on us when  cartoon characters drop items that arent even named "human meat"

congratuations  you xenophobic racist monster, your hipocracy is a role model for the ages.

plus you dont *see* anything they just drop an edible item.  its not like there is an animation for one character to dice up another  on screen.  

This whole argument for or against longpig is absolutly silly.  There are so many ways either side can twist this issue into something that suits their ends.

as for what the long pig actually looks like. it looks like whiter pork. nifty.

I find it hilarious how silly your position is, you are fine with people murdering sentiant pigs that have obvious culture and are quite civilized.

But then you go all peta on us when cartoon characters drop items that arent even named "human meat"

congratuations you xenophobic racist monster, your hipocracy is a role model for the ages.

plus you dont *see* anything they just drop an edible item. its not like there is an animation for one character to dice up another on screen.

This whole argument for or against longpig is absolutly silly. There are so many ways either side can twist this issue into something that suits their ends.

as for what the long pig actually looks like. it looks like whiter pork. nifty.

I agree with your point, but I don't see how insulting him as neccessary.

Archived