Anyone playing DST from UK?

JoeW told me that there's less lag if the host has made the server closer to the client. So, since all I'm doing is going through some open servers every so often with a lot of lag, I wanted to ask if anyone has a key who's from UK, cause I haven't got anyone to play DST with right now, as I only got one key for myself. If you are, please PM me and we'll discuss this further. I'm free to play until Devs livestream today (Might be my first time watching a stream).

And btw, does anyone know if Devs let people in their servers or do they host private ones while streaming?

I've been hosting servers from the UK periodically for the last few weeks to get hardware input and determine the causes of lag. On the main discussion page is a thread I posted asking for peoples stats and input.

Due to the nature of the server collecting info on people who join it it isn't very developed. I don't intend on playing DST because there simply isn't enough to do. I'm only really interested in helping test and improve the game currently.

Am I the only one here: Who's from UK and has got a key?

I'm so sad right now :(

The latency would be explained by local vs. host, however you should not have to limit yourself to just people from the UK. There are a few countries that have a decent enough infrastructure to facilitate a connection with a ping no more than 40ms. 

Countries include (in order of probable best ping, this depends ofcourse also on the hoster):

• United Kingdom
  • Republic of Ireland
  • the Netherlands
  • France
  • Germany

Widening your search a tad further may yield better results, and who knows Klei may have been more favorable in their hand outs towards those countries.

Archived