Don't Starve Together Beta FAQ *Outdated*

I'm wondering if Don't Starve Together will include content from Reign of Giants when finished (if I own the expansion)? I'm wondering because if it won't support RoG content, then I won't purchase the expansion since I'll never play the game alone anyway.

I'm wondering if Don't Starve Together will include content from Reign of Giants when finished (if I own the expansion)? I'm wondering because if it won't support RoG content, then I won't purchase the expansion since I'll never play the game alone anyway.

Well, one the Rhymes w/ dev streams that Klei does on twitch, Seth and Mark said that they'll add in RoG content gradually. I'm pretty sure this means that first, they'll be syncing DS and DST the best they can and second that you'll have to own RoG to get it's content (obviously, because they don't want people to cheat the system). I do recommend RoG as it's doubling Don't Starve content and most of the RoG content actually is generally amazingly well put together (like seasons).

Hmmm... There was a beta signup form in Mid. September. But after 80k signups, Klei closed it. Now, you can buy the Frontier Pack on December 15th for $5 if you own DS and $20 if you don't own DS. The pack contains 2 keys, so you can buy only one for both of you. :grin:

Mhh my problem with this is that both of us already own Dont Starve and from what I understand we will get Dont starve together for free anyways...

So what I'm worried about is that if we buy this frontier pack in mid dec and then in 1 month they release it for free we have waisted our money, Does this make sense?

It may seem silly but we arnt exactly loaded with cash and I dont think even $5 is going to be possible at this moment in our lives. Which in all is very sad but I think if push comes to shove we will have to wait it out.

Thanks for the help Pytomailmann

Mhh my problem with this is that both of us already own Don't Starve and from what I understand we will get Don't starve together for free anyways...

So what I'm worried about is that if we buy this frontier pack in mid Dec and then in 1 month they release it for free we have wasted our money, Does this make sense?

It may seem silly but we aren't exactly loaded with cash and I dont think even $5 is going to be possible at this moment in our lives. Which in all is very sad but I think if push comes to shove we will have to wait it out.

Thanks for the help Pyromailmann

DST has a lot of planned things ahead, I highly doubt it'll be released in a month. Paying $5.00 is still worth it as I like to support Developers that usually interact with their community (this is just preference of course :D). I can tell that Developers do love thanking their communities for things like participating in betas. If you payed for the beta, you most likely get access to help out and fix problems, even if it's for a short time. Plus, if you can't spend $5.00 my best option is asking your parents for work to do around the house that is worth them giving you $5.00. Or you can do work for other people and ask for money. There's some things you can still do to earn $5.00, even if it's not a lot, you can still do it.

@burnout96, you might be interested in this.

Fair question! The reason we haven't said anything about this is, well, because we don't know. There's still a lot of work to do and it's hard to predict exactly how long it'll take. What I can tell you, though, is that there will be at least a few more months of beta and that beta will end before Through The Ages is released. Beyond that, all I can really say with confidence is "when it's ready". Hope that helps!

So, it's definitely not ready for release now. But, overall their goal is to release it, eventually, (for pretty much free to all current owners) so, I could understand if you chose to wait. :) There's always chances to win free beta keys at their streams and such in the meantime :)

I couldnt seem to Host a server. I dont know why, but whenever i do, my friends couldnt see the server i hosted nor was it on the list of servers on the screen..

Processor: Intel ® Core i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM

Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4600

help please >.<

So is signups reopening? or is klei just give keys to the poeple who were in the beta 

There is nothing to sign up for. The original form for beta DST is closed.  And they are still giving out keys to everyone who applied. (this expected to be done by Dec. 15)

However, I believe when the Frontier pack is released (after Dec. 15) it will be considered "early beta access", where people can buy in. But, there are methods of getting keys for free, like in the form of giveaways. (like on their twitch stream.) I've got more information if needed, in my signature link. feedback always appreciated :-)

Greetings! 

I want to play Dont Starve Together Beta with my friend.We are sign 3 month ago for key but never we was take it. Plz help us.
We are study in univercity and have a some times for game. Say us that what we must do for key ? Because we was register then first person But many peoples was take beta keys.
Thnx for reading my friends. I am waiting for your answer!

Greetings! 

I want to play Dont Starve Together Beta with my friend.We are sign 3 month ago for key but never we was take it. Plz help us.
We are study in univercity and have a some times for game. Say us that what we must do for key ? Because we was register then first person But many peoples was take beta keys.
Thnx for reading my friends. I am waiting for your answer!

*sigh*

People who signed up were given a promise that they will get keys.

You both will get 2 keys each. (4 keys in total)

There.

As much as I hate answering these it'd be easier if I did.

The problem is:

I can't run my game. I gave the second key to my friend, and on her PC everything works just fine. However, when I try to run my game there's this image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/72tnet1z6yld45h/1417900736.jpg?dl=0   appearing for a second or two, but afterwards - nothing happens. I tried reinstalling both Steam client and the game but it doesn't help. Any ideas what can I do?

I'm using a notebook, Samsung RC520, Win 7

Help!

Sorry, But I have a problem. Game don't want to connect Klei's Servers. And I Don't can play online. Only OFFLINE.

Sorry, But I have a problem. Game don't want to connect Klei's Servers. And I Don't can play online. Only OFFLINE.

Check out this link : http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/45253-general-wont-let-me-connect-online/

Is this similar to your problem?

Maybe it is your firewall or security software?

I wanna start by mentioning how perfect Don't starve works on my TV with a Xbox 360 controller.

I'm one of those with a girlfriend and fighting to get her to play games:) However she will pretty much only play games that have local co-op. So.. Will don't starve together have the possibility for local co-op, it would be so awesome being able to play together in front of the TV.

Thanks for a great game!

I wanna start by mentioning how perfect Don't starve works on my TV with a Xbox 360 controller.

I'm one of those with a girlfriend and fighting to get her to play games:) However she will pretty much only play games that have local co-op. So.. Will don't starve together have the possibility for local co-op, it would be so awesome being able to play together in front of the TV.

Thanks for a great game!

Yes.

Yes.

No? I think maybe you only read the first sentence of their post and thought they were asking about controller support, which it will have. Local coop (i.e. splitscreen) is still unlikely.

Never say never, but it's pretty unlikely: there are a lot of difficult-to-solve UI problems that crop up once you have two characters sharing one screen. The one idea I've had so far that I think would address them fairly well is to have a Don't Starve Twins mode where you're actually linked: shared inventory, shared crafting, shared health, sanity and hunger. But even then, that would be tricky to implement and isn't really even on our radar at this point. Plenty to do to make Don't Starve Together what it ought to be without adding a new mode to the mix :-)

(All that said, I agree that split-screen Don't Starve would be amazing. But I don't have my hopes up.)

Archived