DST Beta Update (Phase 1) - Sept 22nd

JoeW

They might have found some things to flesh out more in Phase 1, give them time. They just want to give you a game that's playable, since most of you don't intend to test and only want to play :razz:

I'm eager to test the game to its limits and see what errors might occur during the testing -XirmiX 2014

It's already the start of the middle of the Autumn and we're still now in phase 2? What's taking so long?

1. I'm working too hard and miss lot of days from this year

2. You need to check your math/calendar :D

I think that today we get info and if not then tomorrow is "Rhymes with play" on twitch so Klei will show us what they did with multiplayer from phase 1 .)

1. I'm working too hard and miss lot of days from this year

2. You need to check your math/calendar :grin:

I think that today we get info and if not then tomorrow is "Rhymes with play" on twitch so Klei will show us what they did with multiplayer from phase 1 .)

1) Okay?

2) No I don't. Autumn starts in September. The middle is October and "the start of the middle" of Autumn means the first days of October and today IS the first of October, since I live in the UK.

I don't think anything will happen today. And tomorrow we will probably not get that much changes and info.

1) Okay?

2) No I don't. Autumn starts in September. The middle is October and "the start of the middle" of Autumn means the first days of October and today IS the first of October, since I live in the UK.

I don't think anything will happen today. And tomorrow we will probably not get that much changes and info.

Autumn 2014 start 22. september

Winter 2014 start 21. december

Middle of autumn is 6. november? So you are one month too soon with your statement dude :)

Also they will probably let in only small amount of people - lets say 100 + extra key for friend and that is from 80 000 really small chance to get in. I'm hyped only to see someone like @Flare2V stream DST or watch some youtube videos .)

Autumn 2014 start 22. september

Winter 2014 start 21. december

Middle of autumn is 6. november? So you are one month too soon with your statement dude :-)

Also they will probably let in only small amount of people - lets say 100 + extra key for friend and that is from 80 000 really small chance to get in. I'm hyped only to see someone like @Flare2V stream DST or watch some youtube videos .)

Nope. Autumn starts at 1st September and Winter starts at 1st December. It's always been that way. If you're looking at the way the weather is, don't. I'm looking at when it is intended, which is:

Winter starts at 1st December, after three months on 1st March starts Spring then after another 3 months starts 1st of June with summer and it eventually ends on 31st of August, as 1st of September is when Autumn starts until the last day of November. I'm not looking at the way the weather is, as weather is different in every part of the world, so I'm looking at it like this.

Nope. Autumn starts at 1st September and Winter starts at 1st December. It's always been that way. If you're looking at the way the weather is, don't. I'm looking at when it is intended, which is:

Winter starts at 1st December, after three months on 1st March starts Spring then after another 3 months starts 1st of June with summer and it eventually ends on 31st of August, as 1st of September is when Autumn starts until the last day of November. I'm not looking at the way the weather is, as weather is different in every part of the world, so I'm looking at it like this.

I don't know where you're from, but where I'm from (and the first few results I found on google) autumn starts on 22nd of September.

1) Okay?

I don't know where you're from, but where I'm from (and the first few results I found on google) autumn starts on 22nd of September.

Look, this has been brought up and explained on multiple threads. Once again:

Klei is in Vancouver, BC, Canada in the continent of North America and uses the North American calendar seasonal dates.

That means Autumn started on September 22, 2014.

Winter starts December 21, 2014.

That's about 10 days of fall, not the middle of the approximate 91 day period.

This also is true when they post a time for events. Use GMT -7 (or GMT -8 after November 2) So consider this proactively answered for everybody when they ask why the streams haven't started when their clock shows it's the 'time they started it already." 

We still have a little bit to go until Don’t Starve Together plays right. We have some changes that want to make before players get a chance to play DST in large numbers. Mainly this comes down to the fact that it's not a good representation of what Don’t Starve Together should be. What is most important right now is that we have people who can help us verify that new systems are working as they should, rather than testing the game itself.

(And Klei said they would try and start this by Autumn, which includes private Friends and Family. There was no promise they would be ready for the public at this time--which since we are not receiving keys, is true.

But they should be very soon, or they wouldn't be dropping hints about it.)  

Stop with this nonsense, everyone knows the Giants don't care where you're from, they just come when their season starts!

That's only Goose/Moose. The rest come when their season ends, so you might get Deerclops and a few days later Goose/Moose!

I love you dude. If someone wants from me to wait then at least I want to hear some response from them... and not repeating response like: "they are still in phase 1, be patient."

Thanks a lot, my sanity just got increased by 50 (yet I still see shadow creatures).

EDIT: It actualy has community hub! look through this link!

I love you dude. If someone wants from me to wait then at least I want to hear some response from them... and not repeating response like: "they are still in phase 1, be patient."

Thanks a lot, my sanity just got increased by 50 (yet I still see shadow creatures).

EDIT: It actualy has community hub! look through this link!

if you want to hear some different news, you might want to watch the twitch stream when they archive it from today. 

Would it be possible for someone to recount the important bits here for those without twitch access and/or time to watch the stream?

Here's an effort:

• Phase 2 should start next week (not guaranteed or anything, just what they're thinking), and will probably invite around a hundred people, starting them out with keys to share with friends they want to play with
  • Ghosts are back. You die, you become a ghost, and there's no timer or anything.
  • Telltale Hearts cost 5 (6?) grass and deal 40 damage to you when you craft them. Receiving a Telltale Heart as a ghost causes you to resurrect, but with with 66% of your normal maximum health (e.g. Wilson revives with a max of 100 health, instead of 150).
  • Meat effigies penalize the builder, but don't give back the health when used (can be used by any ghost).
  • Player damage is no longer 50% of normal single-player damage, but is somewhere between.
  • Rabbit holes were producing 1 rabbit per day unintentionally in DS/RoG, they reduced it (to once per 2 I think?)
  • You can chat globally, but they also showed off "whispering", which only shows the message above your head
  • It appears that season lengths are back to normal (they were talking about maybe reducing them so winter came sooner, since you could prepare faster with more people)
  • You appear to get a little spotlight (like when entering/leaving caves) when you connect, presumably to save you if you connected at night

That's all that's coming to me now that's new, but stuff you may have missed from past streams/statements:

• The map has a fog-of-war like system (like Starcraft or other RTSs), and is not shared between players. Areas in the fog don't update if stuff happens there, unlike single-player.
  • Servers host four players at the moment, but they are looking to increase that a little.

I'm sure there are more things I could add to this list but I'm drawing a blank xD

The current system makes more sense as self-resurrection by meat effigy is discouraged (builder losses health permanently, and may not have the chance to use it), while team-resurrection by tell-tale heart punishes the receiver.

However, you can still ask friends who don't play DST to build meat effigies for you, then they disconnect for good. To fix this exploit, I think we should only allow using a meat effigy if its builder is currently playing.

The current system makes more sense as self-resurrection by meat effigy is discouraged (builder losses health permanently, and may not have the chance to use it), while team-resurrection by tell-tale heart punishes the receiver.

Well, if your friends aren't jerks they won't use your effigy, so I suppose it's only discouraged for people that miscommunicate.

well i dint like the ghost system can we have a option to with you die, and there is no way to revive meatefegie/touchstone you are banned from the server and when the meat effegies is used you get the max health back?

well i dint like the ghost system can we have a option to with you die, and there is no way to revive meatefegie/touchstone you are banned from the server and when the meat effegies is used you get the max health back?

There will probably be an option similar to that, at least. Seth mentioned that what they're showing is intended to be the default setting, but that there will definitely be a hardcore setting and maybe a softcore setting.

Archived