[General] - Uknown error--Game Will Not Start

Where should i find the log.txt? And what is verifying ame chace?

Edit:

Using the search function i did'nt find any log.txt, but tell me exactly where i should search. I also restarted my computer, and other games on steam works fine.

Also, when i tried to open the invisibleinc.exe, it said something like (i can't quote exactly cause my computer is not in english) "(file directory) is not valid with win32 applications

Hmm, the messsage from Steam is simply "unknown" because the game gives an error Steam doesn't know, so that's that.

The important thing here is what you said, "(file directory) is not valid with win32 applications", or whatever it exactly is now.

First of all, try running it as administrator. Simply right click and run as admin.

If it doesn't work, try launching it in compatibility mode (without Steam, the .exe). Try WinXP, older Win7 versions, whatever you have there and see if one of them works.

If that still doesn't do anything (which is rather likely), attach a DxDiag file so the devs can check if there's something wrong with your system that might upset Invisible, Inc.'s new version. To get that file, press Windows-Key+R and type in DxDiag, then hit enter. Somewhere there at the bottom should be the option to save the informations. Attach the resulting .txt file.

I assumed there would be no log if you couldn't start a game, but thought I'd check. if there was one, it would actually be listed as under Documents\Klei\InvisibleInc\logs as invisibleinc.txt

To verify game cache, go to Steam, Libraries and right click your game and choose properties. 

Click the Local files tab then choose the verify Integrity of Game Cache. 

Where should i find the log.txt? And what is verifying ame chace?

Edit:

Using the search function i did'nt find any log.txt, but tell me exactly where i should search. I also restarted my computer, and other games on steam works fine.

Also, when i tried to open the invisibleinc.exe, it said something like (i can't quoate exactly cause my computer is not in english) "(file directory) is not valid with win32 applications

For logs, everything explained in "how to submit bug reports" stickied post in this current forum.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/39392-submitting-bug-reports/

Excerpt : Please be sure to attach log files or savegames whenever possible. Instructions can be found in the spoiler tag below.

Hmm, the messsage from Steam is simply "unknown" because the game gives an error Steam doesn't know, so that's that.

The important thing here is what you said, "(file directory) is not valid with win32 applications", or whatever it exactly is now.

First of all, try running it as administrator. Simply right click and run as admin.

If it doesn't work, try launching it in compatibility mode (without Steam, the .exe). Try WinXP, older Win7 versions, whatever you have there and see if one of them works.

If that still doesn't do anything (which is rather likely), attach a DxDiag file so the devs can check if there's something wrong with your system that might upset Invisible, Inc.'s new version. To get that file, press Windows-Key+R and type in DxDiag, then hit enter. Somewhere there at the bottom should be the option to save the informations. Attach the resulting .txt file.

WHat does this have to do with Admin?

I'm talking about the game invisibleinc.txt file and the Steam properties. 

look at the above quote!

attached files

invisibleinc.txt

Oh palp...no, running it in compatibility mode just means running it like it is in a different OS. 

However, if you can't access admin access, I'd seriously consider asking for tech help getting that access. Not that it's causing your game problem, but you'll have serous other problems if you can't access that later. 

But do try verifying the Steam interity of the game cache as mentioned. Then Restart Steam. 

did the update drop xp support? can you contact devs to check if the game is still supporting xp/win32?

Consider the fact that Microsoft dropped XP support completely, it's more reasonable for anyone to consider that XP support is obsolete.

Plus, still running in XP means exposing yourself in vulnerability, though I'm sure you got nothing to worry about on your PC ...

*whispers* besides people stealing your CC number, faking your account and spam, framing you for something you didn't do *whispers*

yes, but until now the game worked on xp, what reason is to drop xp support?

In layman's term, it's called upgrades. Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Supports Windows server 2008, but 2013 doesn't. I can use the exact same reasoning as "2010 works before, why 2013 doesn't? On top of that, it's Windows Server 2008, it's basically the equivalence of Windows 7, which hasn't get retired yet" That's just the way how technology works. Klei might have upgraded some of it's libraries and it could have limited on the operating system, you never know.

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Game will not start

Issue Description: The game when I try to start, it just produces the steam popup,

Game failed to start(Unknown Error)

I am wondering if this is because I am running steam on a Windows XP.

Steps to Reproduce: I had just finished updating invisible inc to V.2.

Hold on a moment. Do you have windows XP?

If not this is a different issue. If so I'll merge the threads. 

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Game will not start

Issue Description: The game when I try to start, it just produces the steam popup,

Game failed to start(Unknown Error)

I am wondering if this is because I am running steam on a Windows XP.

Steps to Reproduce: I had just finished updating invisible inc to V.2.

'Nuff said :D

Archived