I signed up for closed beta, and I hope I get in.  How long does it normally take to get a e-mail?  If I don't get it, when should I know?  I can see klei being busy, people must be signing up by the hundreds. (Because you know Don't Starve is the best game eva, and who doesn't want to play it with there friends.)  Please tell me closed beta does not mean CLOSED. If it does DON'T LAUGH AT MEH!

I don't think the closed beta has started yet; JoeW said it would start "in the coming weeks". People are going to be randomly chosen, so you could be given the beta in the first wave of testers or you could have to wait months.

Klei isn't accepting everyone at once because that would cause their servers to explode (a bad thing). I'm guestimating that some sort of  open beta will start in 2-3 months, so be patient (but this is guestimating, so you shouldn't trust everything I say).

If the closed beta has started already, just ask  The Truthseeker, he's almost guaranteed to get in the beta first, and he has to tell the truth :friendly_wink:

Closed beta implies only a select few people that are manually chosen will be let in, unlike the open beta where anyone who wishes to enter can come.

Normally the invitations are set in waves, you send X amount of keys to each set of people.
Newcomers to Klei, old loyals, people who have played other Klei games but not don't starve, people who have no idea what klei is but have played don't starve etc.
Whatever people they want to get information from to see if it's working any well and if it's up to their expectations.

Some won't show up, some will trade or sell their keys.
Then after some weeks they send a second wave of keys to even out the numbers between the different types of people that used theirs in order to get a proper idea of what each group thinks.

This is how many do it, judging by how much information they're asking for to enter the Closed Beta I'm assuming that's what these folks are doing as well.

It's very efficient but it's tough work reading through it all.

I don't believe they've started sending keys as of right now, at least not in large amounts.

Closed beta implies only a select few people that are manually chosen will be let in, unlike the open beta where anyone who wishes to enter can come.

Normally the invitations are set in waves, you send X amount of keys to each set of people.

Newcomers to Klei, old loyals, people who have played other Klei games but not don't starve, people who have no idea what klei is but have played don't starve etc.

Whatever people they want to get information from to see if it's working any well and if it's up to their expectations.

Some won't show up, some will trade or sell their keys.

Then after some weeks they send a second wave of keys to even out the numbers between the different types of people that used theirs in order to get a proper idea of what each group thinks.

This is how many do it, judging by how much information they're asking for to enter the Closed Beta I'm assuming that's what these folks are doing as well.

It's very efficient but it's tough work reading through it all.

I don't believe they've started sending keys as of right now, at least not in large amounts.

I think the people who have been here longer deserve the keys first.  They have been here longer, so they would know more of don't starve.

Do you ,by any chance, know how long the waves are?  Also after the wave is done, do they deactivate the keys of the last key wave?

This information is not publicly available. All I can say at this time is those who are going to be accepted in Next (not tomorrow's) Monday's anticipated start of closed beta, will receive an email before the beta starts. Nobody at the time of signup until now has received keys yet.

Nor am I or Klei discussing who gets and does not get keys when and why they decided that way (so, fair warning to future potentially locked threads now.)  

You do NOT get an email simply by registering immediately. 

Over time, more and more people will be invited in future waves, again whose dates which have not been introduced to the public at this time. 

Basicly, closed beta is to planned to start 9/15/14 , you'll get an email if you get accepted that day. We don't know when the next wave of emails will be sent out. And, that's about all I know. 

And this is also my 100th post! :grin:

The Monday after this one. That's the 22nd, not the 15th.

This information is not publicly available. All I can say at this time is those who are going to be accepted in Next (not tomorrow's) Monday's anticipated start of closed beta, will receive an email before the beta starts. Nobody at the time of signup until now has received keys yet.

Nor am I or Klei discussing who gets and does not get keys when and why they decided that way (so, fair warning to future potentially locked threads now.)  

You do NOT get an email simply by registering immediately. 

Over time, more and more people will be invited in future waves, again whose dates which have not been introduced to the public at this time. 

I had no idea how long closed beta was open. I had logged into my steam and it said update required.  Than it said dst closed beta, so I thought I was late.  I got scared, that I would not be able to play DST soon, and I missed out on an event.  

Also is there a way to check the application people sign up for?  I think I may have entered something wrong.

I had no idea how long closed beta was open. I had logged into my steam and it said update required.  Than it said dst closed beta, so I thought I was late.  I got scared, that I would not be able to play DST soon, and I missed out on an event.  

Also is there a way to check the application people sign up for?  I think I may have entered something wrong.

It seems the software is getting updates for the impending future integration, but the Closed beta still will use different software to start. (I'd be annoyed if I missed hearing about the beta so this was confirmed pretty quickly.)

As for checking the application, that's on an admin or Klei employee level, so I'll ask @JoeW here if he knows if we can check/update the submitted applications in any way?  

I signed up too! I'm so excited!  Ive got tons of questions, like what about sleeping, hounds, and if its going to roll out with the Giants expansion or not... but I can wait to find out first hand!

I've already been practicing my survival skills for multiplayer games, so I hope it comes soon!

:D

I had no idea how long closed beta was open. I had logged into my steam and it said update required. Than it said dst closed beta, so I thought I was late. I got scared, that I would not be able to play DST soon, and I missed out on an event. .

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that update. Against all logic and reason, I thought maybe closed beta had started and I was chosen.

Archived