Early Access Update 2: Active Recon - Patch Notes

AOE cloaking rigs are still able to cloak friendly agents even if they're being watched, I'm not sure if that's intentional. Actually this one's probably not new.

Afaik that's intentional. Only Deckard's rig has the tooltip that says it cannot be used while being watched. Unless thas been changed.

Really loving not being able to see points of interest. Makes guards, and especially guards in dark areas on the map, scary again, and hacked cameras more useful.

One other tiny quirk: I somehow ended up with spare change after a mission. An extra quarter from selling corporate intelligence/trophies? I'm not sure how it happened.

• Developer

I did wish MONST3R was going to be a new agent, though.

M0nst3r is a freelance infobroker, and doesn't really *do* wetwork. We're looking at possibly working him into the story/management side of things though. We'll see.

I'm pretty sure you can already drag bodies into the path of lasers, which will cause them to turn off, as if the guard had walked through it normally.

Just tested it - doesn't work! Lasers don't turn off when a guard walks through them, by the way, if they're supposed to - they can just pass right through, as of this version.

Enjoying the new patch so far! The camera drones and hidden points of interest definitely keep things tense.

Agent rescue doesn't seem to be working for me. I dragged an unconscious Internationale into the elevator at the end of the mission, but when I ended the level, she was marked as MIA. I didn't get the usual dialog warning me not to leave an agent behind, either... A bit disappointing (especially since I just barely made it out, and only after spending three of Shalem 11's bullets), but I still have two agents left, so I might be able to salvage this run yet. :-)

I don't think I had Shalem 11 stop dragging Internationale after entering the elevator, if that's relevant.

Just tested it - doesn't work! Lasers don't turn off when a guard walks through them, by the way, if they're supposed to - they can just pass right through, as of this version.

I think this is a good change.

As for disposable items - do we get info what's disposable? It's important information when buying stuff.

EDIT: OK. Just found it. Very clear info. Very good. I like it.

Enjoying the new patch so far! The camera drones and hidden points of interest definitely keep things tense.

Agent rescue doesn't seem to be working for me. I dragged an unconscious Internationale into the elevator at the end of the mission, but when I ended the level, she was marked as MIA. I didn't get the usual dialog warning me not to leave an agent behind, either... A bit disappointing (especially since I just barely made it out, and only after spending three of Shalem 11's bullets), but I still have two agents left, so I might be able to salvage this run yet. :-)

I don't think I had Shalem 11 stop dragging Internationale after entering the elevator, if that's relevant.

Not sure if the change was simply to be able to drag your agent and you had to revive them to credit their escape or you should be able to exfiltrate with an unconscious agent. 

One more thought - now that guards are able to pass through laser walls, it would be pretty awesome if we could drag their corpses to pass through them without hacking them. Splinter Cell style.

Just like in Mark of the Ninja, actually.

As we continue to update the game, we are very careful to preserve player progress. However, mission saves are actually replays of your moves, so any change in balance will invalidate the current mission.

Hold on, does that mean if I were to, say, move only one tile every round for (absurd number on purpose) 100.000 rounds, the file would be immensely huge? And loading a save takes longer the more turns passed in the game?

so making replay system for this game should be super easy!

Exactly what I was thinking. I love the idea to rewatch a favorite mission, and see a (hopefully) flawless execution, with no pauses, no UI elements blocking the view, just my team executing the mission like a bunch of pros.

And of course, the opportunity to watch the best players directly in-game is tempting.

This is the first time I've done a report here, so I don't know how well I'll do here. Here's just a small list of things I've noticed or thought about while playing this new version. Most of these were me playing in endless mode on normal.

With the med gel now being a single use consumable, do you think there should there be a drop in price, or have another better version of med gels like a med kit with multiple uses before disappearing? I don't know, I'm still thinking about this newest change here. I don't hate it or anything, I'm just trying to think if there should of been another change to go along with med gel change? I'm not sure.

I think this is a minor bug, but when I have the run option clicked on an agent and just hover my mouse over the run option again, the AP number will jump up to a higher number than they're capable of getting in green because that agent is already in run mode and can't get that number. It doesn't affect anything functionally, I think it's just a minor UI bug.

I had an incident where Internationale stunned a guard in reaction mode, but then another guard came through the door, spotted, and shot her in the same move. I had Deckard stun that guard and I tried to have him drag her away to safety, but instead he dragged a guard. Doh! I thought for sure I had grabbed her. There were a lot of knocked out people in that area and I wonder if the game got confused or if it was just me. I'm not sure, but I figured I make a note of it anyway.

Lastly, here's something that just happened. I was playing endless mode and just got to day 2. In the mission before, I had just found a site map, so when I got back, new points of interest sprang up from both the sitemap and the new day starting. Now here's the interesting part; five of these new missions were all of the same mission, "Code name: A Friendly Chat", the only difference being the difficulty ranges in each location. I've had that mission on a previous run, but it only appeared once on the map among the other missions then. On this run, these 5 missions all appeared at once, with the rest being other mission types. I don't know if the other same missions would go away if I beat one of them, so I tried to complete one of them to see what would happen to the others. Unfortunately, due to some rotten luck during the mission I chose, my run had ended, and I wasn't able to see what would happen to the rest of them. I'm not sure if that's a more serious bug, or if it was done that way to make sure I would get that mission at some point.

Well, there you have it. Just some thoughts and highlights I wanted to point out with the time I spent on this newest version so far. I hope you guys find this report helpful. Even in these early access stages, this is already shaping up to be a great game. You guys keep doing what you're doing, and I wish you all the best in your continued development.

I think this is a minor bug, but when I have the run option clicked on an agent and just hover my mouse over the run option again, the AP number will jump up to a higher number than they're capable of getting in green because that agent is already in run mode and can't get that number. It doesn't affect anything functionally, I think it's just a minor UI bug.

Noticed this as well, what happens is it just adds 4 AP above your character on mouse over of the Run icon. Pretty much always. Think this was just a quick slap on fix for something?

Unfortunately, due to some rotten luck during the mission I chose, my run had ended, and I wasn't able to see what would happen to the rest of them. I'm not sure if that's a more serious bug, or if it was done that way to make sure I would get that mission at some point.

They stick around. In my current endless, I've completed 2 Friendly Conversations, and there are 3 more on the map to choose from.

• Developer

Noticed this as well, what happens is it just adds 4 AP above your character on mouse over of the Run icon. Pretty much always. Think this was just a quick slap on fix for something?

Yeah, I saw this as well. Just a UI bug that slipped through :\ 

Thank you for the great feedback Sutei! 

With the med gel now being a single use consumable, do you think there should there be a drop in price, or have another better version of med gels like a med kit with multiple uses before disappearing? I don't know, I'm still thinking about this newest change here. I don't hate it or anything, I'm just trying to think if there should of been another change to go along with med gel change? I'm not sure.

I agree the price should drop a bit or maybe they could be found a little more often on guards. Alternatively, considering what i just went through, i kind of wish med gels could be used once per mission, instead of consumed. :p

Now that I've had a few hours to put into this update, I'm loving the new features. The between mission storage is very nice. No more having those toys from Security Dispatch missions clogging the inventory while you can't use them. The trade interface is good as well, as is the UI streamlining done.

Like the TAG gun too. Very useful now we no longer see where guards are going to search that easy on normal.

One thing that surprised me was that guards can now fire multiple shots when in Overwatch. That's what I get for being too cocky I guess ;)

Not sure if the change was simply to be able to drag your agent and you had to revive them to credit their escape or you should be able to exfiltrate with an unconscious agent. 

I was later able to escape with an unconscious (but not-being-dragged) agent without them going MIA.

I was later able to escape with an unconscious (but not-being-dragged) agent without them going MIA.

I'm loving the new update so far! I just had a similar escape thugh where I lost an agent ( MIA ) without the "leave behind" prompt when I dragged them to the elevator with them still being dragged. Is the trick then that you need to drop them in the elevator before escaping?

Archived