101 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Characters

• Brian Deckard
    • Maria 'Internationale' Valdes
    • Raymond 'Shalem 11' Malik
    • Jolie 'Banks' Murphy, 29
    • Tony Xu
    • Nika Muratova

Definitely Banks. No other character allows you to start out on Security Dispatch missions without going knockout happy on the guards hoping the next one actually has a key on him ;)

That and the paralyzer is great for when you do need to knock out that one annoying guard that's in the way.

And if that wasn't enough, starting out with a point in Anarchy really ups the mission payout. Almost to the point that I'd say that guards maybe need to carry less money on them, and to balance that, more money in safes.

Just thinking; what nationality do people think they are?

Deckard I think is a Brit

Internationale is either French or French Canadian (I'm leaning to the latter)

Deckard: Does have kind of an English look to him, and Brian is a common English name too.

Internationale: French or French Canadian sounds right given her code name.

Banks: She has an Irish surname (Murphy), that could mean anywhere, but I think if Deckard isn't British, she is.

Shalem: For some reason I get Caucasus region from him, maybe Azerbaijani but I have no idea.

• Developer

Are the character bios not in game yet? I wrote them a while ago, but I guess those screens are still forthcoming.

In the meantime... in the world 2174, countries as we know them don't really exist - they have been replaced by Corporate Exclusivity Zones. Cities are still around though, and the characters all have specific ages and hometowns. I'll not spill the beans on the backstories, but I can tease out the ages and hometowns of the currently active agents:

Brian Deckard, 38, Los Angeles

Maria 'Internationale' Valdes, 36, Havana

Raymond 'Shalem 11' Malik, 40, Beirut

Jolie 'Banks' Murphy, 29, Nua Dublin

• Developer

I think the rest of Klei isn't appreciating your genious :razz:

Nah, games are just insanely complicated to put together, and there are ever-shifting priorities. Hooking up character background flavour text doesn't exactly jump to the top of the to-do list, you know?

Are the character bios not in game yet? I wrote them a while ago, but I guess those screens are still forthcoming.

In the meantime... in the world 2174, countries as we know them don't really exist - they have been replaced by Corporate Exclusivity Zones. Cities are still around though, and the characters all have specific ages and hometowns. I'll not spill the beans on the backstories, but I can tease out the ages and hometowns of the currently active agents:

Brian Deckard, 38, Los Angeles

Maria 'Internationale' Valdes, 36, Havana

Raymond 'Shalem 11' Malik, 40, Beirut

Jolie 'Banks' Murphy, 29, Nua Dublin

So deckard is from my home city? That explains his fashion sense :) 

Archived