[Mod] Season Clock

Season Clock Mod

post-289936-0-52924800-1407654594.png    post-289936-0-82935100-1407655082.png

Have you ever been playing and have no idea how long it is until the next season? How many days into the current season you are? Or what season was up next? Never fear, this mod should help.

Features:

• Adds a clock that indicate the progression through the seasons.
  • Indicates the current season.
  • Hovering over the clock indicates the days into the current season and days until the next season.
  • Compatible with the "Always On Status" mod.
  • Compatible with Reign of Giants and all season duration combinations.
  • Works in the caves.

Installation:

Enjoy!

Soilworker

Please report any bugs you find with details and any feedback or suggestions you have!

----------------------------------------

Change Log:

v1.0: Initial Release

v1.1: Added mod options for season colors, hover text format, hover text font size, season font size, and whether or not the clock is visible in caves.

v1.1.1: Added an option for the default text to display.

v1.1.2: Fix for crash in Adventure Mode level: A Cold Reception

post-289936-0-96324500-1407656205_thumb.

post-289936-0-72595400-1407656257_thumb.

post-289936-0-40707000-1407656638_thumb.

post-289936-0-65272000-1407656702_thumb.

post-289936-0-59315200-1407656755_thumb.

This is really nice!

This is really really nitpicking, but the colors don't seem to "fit" into the whole don't starve atmosphere.

Any chance you would offer alternate color schemes?

I'd like one that use the current day clock colors where red is summer, blue in winter, and the yellow represents autumn and spring (which wouldn't be a problem because they would be separated by summer/winter respectively.

Finally an in-game solution to keep track of seasons! Got tired of checking my phone everytime I wanted to know how much time I hade let till the next season. Would be great if you uploaded it directly into the Downloads section so I can follow it and keep track of updates.

That said, the message when you hover is really small on small HUD sizes (3 for mine) and it's hartd to read. Could you make shorter messages perhaps? Or just put is as an optionf for those with small HUD?

Also, would you consider making a "lighter" version? Like instead of a full clock you could get the message "x days into season etc." only when hovering the default clock or opening the map. Or at least make the Season Clock show up and vanish with the press of a key? I like to keep my HUD as simple as possible and this would really help. Thanks!

Finally an in-game solution to keep track of seasons! Got tired of checking my phone everytime I wanted to know how much time I hade let till the next season. Would be great if you uploaded it directly into the Downloads section so I can follow it and keep track of updates.

That said, the message when you hover is really small on small HUD sizes (3 for mine) and it's hartd to read. Could you make shorter messages perhaps? Or just put is as an optionf for those with small HUD?

Also, would you consider making a "lighter" version? Like instead of a full clock you could get the message "x days into season etc." only when hovering the default clock or opening the map. Or at least make the Season Clock show up and vanish with the press of a key? I like to keep my HUD as simple as possible and this would really help. Thanks!

Just finished coding up the color options. I will add some options for text size and message format as well. 

I will look into having a "lighter" option and a key stroke to toggle it on and off. 

Thanks for the feedback!

Just finished coding up the color options. I will add some options for text size and message format as well. 

I will look into having a "lighter" option and a key stroke to toggle it on and off. 

Thanks for the feedback!

Good to hear! Looking forward to future releases. Also I just noticed it works in caves too, might want to add that to the description. :)

Thanks for taking the time to create this mod. I'd like to make the following comments:

1. I noticed that the season clock appears in a different position compared to the ones in your screenshots. I think it might be either RPG HUD 55 or Always On Status: Bars Version, which occupies the area just above the inventory, that's causing the issue. Can you look into it? I can't really go far without all that important information.

2. Would you consider making a bar version of your mod? It would fit nicely with the AOS: Bars Version. Fitting it together with the other AOS bars would be perfect but I'm willing to accept its placement where the traditional Don't Starve icons were (top right, under clock).

I don't mind losing the ability to see the length of the other seasons in advance as I'm more concerned with knowing how much longer the current season will persist. A colored meter with text would be visually pleasing but a simple colored bar with text ("9 Days Left in Spring", "4 Days to Winter", etc) would suffice as well.

doesn´t work

It's impossible for anyone to know what the problem is if you don't describe it. "Doesn't work" doesn't work.

Read through this guide, and follow every step carefully from the beginning to the end. Then tell us which step you got stuck on. If you successfully followed all the steps, your mod should be enabled and you'll be able to use it while playing.

If your mod is still unusable during gameplay, for whatever reason, then please clearly describe what it is and is not doing, and provide your log.txt file.

Example,

I followed the steps till number 5, but my game crashed when I clicked "apply".

(attached log.txt file)

Please make sure you read and do ever step in the guide at least once after reading this post.

does this work with the alls well maxell update? 

because after i activate it nothing changes when i go back to the mods section it just says crashed on activation

i would provide a log or something but this is my first time using mods for DS so excuse my lack of info and stupidity

Yes it works. 1000s of people are using it. If it doesnt work for you disable your other mods and use ONLY the season clock to test.  Re-enable one other mod at a time until season clcok stops working. That mod is your culprit.

Archived