More body slots, to make it more logical and interresting

So what I'm suggesting basically is having more Body slots as the title says. Say a body slot for your neck, that way we could also have scarfs (I'm sure the item would suit the theme of this game in Winter for sure) and also it would be a slot for amulets. Have a weapon/tool slot and a hand slot, so that we could wear gloves or mitten for winter and say the gloves would give less insulation than mitten but mitten would have something like 5% chance of dropping a weapon and a tool on use. Have a body slot for feet so that you could wear wellies for Spring to have more protection from rain (have rain protection stuff changed as well cause having rain coat 100% protection from rain and having it on only doesn't make sense), for winter have winter boots or something for insulation and sandals for summer to get "insulation" from heat or whatever you'd call it. And last I think there should also be a body slot separate for torso clothing/body armor and backpack/piggyback/krampus sack/insulated pack because in reality, well we can wear different clothes whilst having a backpack on our back, am I jot right?

That would make in total 7 body slots, thought all tho this comes with its benefits it would nerf the existing items protective from rain, cold and heat and make us work more together to help each other get these items for maximum protection.

Give me feedback on what YOU think about:

* Neck slot

* Separated Hand slot to Tool/Weapon slot and Hand slot

* Feet slot

* Separated Body slot to Torso clothing slot/Armor slot and Backpack slot

I know, I might only have only a few items in my head for the new slots, but hey, give me some credit, at least I can come up with some reasons to have those slots!

One question. Are Klei still updating Don't Starve and Reign of Giants? If so are you suggesting this to be added in DS, RoG and DST?

If you are, I honestly like this suggestion. But obviously you do realise, all current gear have to be rebalanced if you want something like this implemented.

Adding more body slots takes away choices and management of priorities. Instead of choosing between warm clothing, an Amulet or a Backpack, I can wear all three. I honestly quite like being forced into making decisions, and this just seems to make a part of the game much easier. 

I know, I might only have only a few items in my head for the new slots, but hey, give me some credit, at least I can come up with some reasons to have those slots!

try doing the opposite, instead of thinking of something to add and then come up with ideas why to put it in the game, think of something that could get an addition and then think of an idea to fix it. That would make your suggestions pretty much bulletproof

on this suggestions in especial, I believe that would be too much trouble, just to add some flashy addition that doesn't add much to the game(specially because, there's a reason you can't use backpack, armour and amulets at the same time)

But you see with this implemented the current clothing would need to be nerfed. That means more resources needed to get more clothing to get the same insulation as it would be with just two insulating items in Vanilla and RoG (yes, I'm suggesting this to DST only, but if it seems good for SP, meh why not? Bigger challenge and more real life logic, why not?

PS: Sorry, I meant to write Body instead of Vody in the title

But you see with this implemented the current clothing would need to be nerfed. That means more resources needed to get more clothing to get the same insulation as it would be with just two insulating items in Vanilla and RoG (yes, I'm suggesting this to DST only, but if it seems good for SP, meh why not? Bigger challenge and more real life logic, why not?

PS: Sorry, I meant to write Body instead of Vody in the title

well, that actually seems more reasonable with the nerfing, but the amount of work re-doing the HUD wouldn't quite justify it, since clothing is one of the least important unbalanced mechanics in the game right now(and real life logic doesn't apply in Don't Starve. You can make a bell out of wings and flowers)

Oh, and if it should be in the game, it actually should be for both modes(DST will be part of vanilla too), since it wouldn't be that hard to balance for both, and there really shouldn't be neat mechanics exclusive for MP, since some people (specially lonely people with bad internet connection like me) wouldn't want to play multiplayer just or live without part of THE GAME

Archived