Multiplayer, yay! But will that come along with new stuff?

We are all exited about multiplayer right? I mean who isn't (some aren't), but to the point:

Main thing we're gonna get is having more people and having mechanics collaborated. But will there be any new stuff coming along with it? I mean Vanilla has not had update in ages (okay, RoG was going and DST is coming). The main thjng that people would probably be most interrested in after the mechanics and everything is the new stuff. I'd say that we need not also the mechanics but also some new stuff to the game, like a few more trap set pieces (cause that is one easy way of dieing if you don't know their secrets), more normal set pieces (who wouldn't want that), and may be some new items and a biome or such. Just a few stuff being added would be great so we can explore that along the way while playing multiplayer or just vanilla or RoG.

Ps: a question; will the first release of DST support RoG or it will support it in later updates?

I remember that JoeW(or another dev) said there would be new mechanics coming, (which imo are more exciting than multiplayer itself), i think he said it on the DST announce thread. 

<<< too lazy to quote him

@Hugo M.

As far as we know, it will have most of (if not all) the normal features in Don’t Starve, balanced for multiplayer, and potentially even add new features. Single player Don’t Starve will not be affected by the addition of multiplayer except for content or features not specifically related to multiplayer gameplay. Balance changes and content aimed at creating an interesting multiplayer experience will not be added to the single player game.

I'm guessing it'll be like making a new world except for people who don't have RoG it'll "You require RoG before entering." Just like how with mods sometimes modders put time into the mod info and put if it's compatible with regular vanilla Don't Starve, RoG or both.

We are all exited about multiplayer right? I mean who isn't (some aren't), but to the point:

Main thing we're gonna get is having more people and having mechanics collaborated. But will there be any new stuff coming along with it? I mean Vanilla has not had update in ages (okay, RoG was going and DST is coming). The main thjng that people would probably be most interrested in after the mechanics and everything is the new stuff. I'd say that we need not also the mechanics but also some new stuff to the game, like a few more trap set pieces (cause that is one easy way of dieing if you don't know their secrets), more normal set pieces (who wouldn't want that), and may be some new items and a biome or such.

and more dangers... right? I'm not the only one wanting another "stuff that wants to kill you" update, right? Please tell me I'm not the only one............. please

and more dangers... right? I'm not the only one wanting another "stuff that wants to kill you" update, right? Please tell me I'm not the only one............. please

You are not the only one. I want more trap set pieces that can trick you easily and you'll never know what's coming...

You are not the only one. I want more trap set pieces that can trick you easily and you'll never know what's coming...

these are cool, but what about more imnent dangers, that no mather how much you turtle, they'll always be there, just waiting for you to be unprepared?(kind of like the hounds should have been)

What about those times the game says "you know what? I hate you, here have this certain death" and throws something that you have to work really hard to survive through?(kinda like Giants should have been)

My masochist side gets very sad sometimes when I'm playing this game and there's not much of "I hate you, with love from The World" moments that I expected

these are cool, but what about more imnent dangers, that no mather how much you turtle, they'll always be there, just waiting for you to be unprepared?(kind of like the hounds should have been)

What about those times the game says "you know what? I hate you, here have this certain death" and throws something that you have to work really hard to survive through?(kinda like Giants should have been)

My masochist side gets very sad sometimes when I'm playing this game and there's not much of "I hate you, with love from The World" moments that I expected

That being said, I can't wait until random people set off the fridge winter trap.

"Damn it, Bob."

Archived