Individual Meat Effigy Art

It's been talked about before to add individual meat effigy art for each character. But what was a cosmetic request is now a gameplay effecting request. With 2+ people, it'd be a nice little addition to be able to tell visually who the meat effigy belongs to.

Can Webber have his own Spider Den?

I suppose he could, but there's not a much of a difference between a webber placed den and a natural den. Unless webber dens have something different to their behavior towards other players. At least, that's my reasoning.

Definitely agree.  It's at least one benefit (however small) that people who don't care about mp could get for their single player game, give them a little silver lining to this.  They could even incorporate some individualization.  Perhaps substituting gold for meat for WX, for instance.

I guess untill now I was thinking that meat effigies would be shared. How else would you revive your dead partner (If that was even a thing).
I can see problems with them being shared though, such as the health penalty. And what about touchstones? Would those be shared? Or whoever touches it owns it? Its a bit off topic, but I think its something worth discussing.

Edit: Whoops, didn't realize there was already a thread about this. http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/37371-something-bad-that-might-happen-while-using-meat-effegies/

The name of the owner should appear over the meat effigy.

I really don't think slapping name tags onto everything would really fit.  I support the idea of individual art, though.

EDIT: Also, there should be an option the build the Meat Effigy in another player's shape, therefore letting them respawn from it.

I really don't think slapping name tags onto everything would really fit.  I support the idea of individual art, though.

EDIT: Also, there should be an option the build the Meat Effigy in another player's shape, therefore letting them respawn from it.

i gotta disagree with this, if you want a player to have one just give the ingredients for them. Meat effigies take away health, and I dont think there should be a mechanic where you can just lower someones health by building meat effigies of them. Its either that or it takes away from your health, which is still unfair because you cant respawn from it.

All that's really needed is a headswap, isn't it? Just a small marker that is effective. <:

I suppose each character could have some sort of specific recipe too. Like Wilson's would stay beard hair, but as suggested above, perhaps gold or electrical doodads for WX, Nightmare Fuel for Maxwell, maybe a spare of Wigfrid's helmet for her. 

i gotta disagree with this, if you want a player to have one just give the ingredients for them. Meat effigies take away health, and I dont think there should be a mechanic where you can just lower someones health by building meat effigies of them. Its either that or it takes away from your health, which is still unfair because you cant respawn from it.

That's an excellent point that I didn't consider... if someone had the stockpile of ingredients, they could essentially kill the other player by dropping a ton of meat effigies for them, or kill themselves by trying to help their friends.

It's been talked about before to add individual meat effigy art for each character. But what was a cosmetic request is now a gameplay effecting request. With 2+ people, it'd be a nice little addition to be able to tell visually who the meat effigy belongs to.

That'd make sense. Wilson didn't actually invent Meat Effigies, that's what either Maxwell 

William Carter
or "they" invented.

Archived