New Pictures In The Game Files

I don't hate TF2, but it's an over-saturated mass.  There is no need to advertise it. 

Look at it in a different way. It wouldn't be advertising TF2, it would be putting something that's familiar to a heck of a lot more people in another game as a small incentive to play the other game.

ugh

still extremely unhappy about this

if it gets implemented I pray at least it's a mod and I don't have to suffer through seeing the Pyro on my character list every time I start a new world

Oh, it better be a mod.  I admit to being sick of seeing TF2 stuff everywhere, however I would be fine with it being an uncanon mod.  It just bothers me because it's just such an unfitting character and they have so many other concept characters to work with.  Even if they did something silly like remake Wilton into a Mariachi playing Sugar Skeleton I would find it more endearing then ... "Pyro because lol Pyro". 

Oh no, I will have to see a extra character that a lot of people will like, that I don't have to interact with, that won't effect me at all.

How dare you Klei

Oh no, I will have to see a extra character that a lot of people will like, that I don't have to interact with, that won't effect me at all.

How dare you Klei

I totally agree with the sentiment, but since DST is a thing now, it would affect them even if they didn't use the character. Still - big whoop.

Edit2: Found Pyro's sanity lines...

Edit3: Wyro has 28 generic strings

Where did you find these?

Edit: Wyro's voicelines sound like Wallace's but muffled.

Not quite, if you directly compare them. Wallace's are a lot smoother, Wyro's make a lot of sharp transitions from note to note. It does sound like the same instrument though!

Where did you find these?

Not quite, if you directly compare them. Wallace's are a lot smoother, Wyro's make a lot of sharp transitions from note to note. It does sound like the same instrument though!

I found them in "Sound" for both the DLC and regular "Sound" folder.

Yeah. That's why I said "sounds like".

How dare you Klei

Yes, it won't effect me directly and I won't stop anyone who want's to enjoy a character.  I just don't like the idea of having a 500 pound elephant in the game.  It's Klei's decision whether or not they care about the game's integrity. 

I'm pretty sure JoeW said the whole pyro thing was just something fun the dev team did. Whether or not it will actually be in the game in some form is up to Klei.

They said they'd reveal a secret character in a patch after the game's full release.

They said they'd reveal a secret character in a patch after the game's full release.

I'm just going off of what JoeW said:

The DLC has 2 new characters. 

This thing that you guys found was just something the team was putting together (just for fun) that may or may not get put into the game in the future. 

How dare you Klei

seeing as Don't Starve Together will be a thing it will effect me if someone else chooses to play as them

no I won't bash people for playing as them

no I won't think less of them

no I won't play as the character myself

I just don't like Pyro in the first place or TF2 and think it's annoying to have reference characters in a game like this

just because you don't play as a character yourself doesn't mean it doesn't effect you in some way, and mocking others for being upset over this is really pointless???

it's not like we're saying we're going to stop playing the game or it's ruined we're just saying we hope it's not shoved in our faces

ALSO Pyro has voice files now! They are labeled "Wyro" though. Also, they're instrument based, not "MMpg mmph". Sounds like some sort of muffled violin or something, combined with a sort of thump. They also include balloon squeaks, and flaregun firing and impact noises.

So he is called Wyro? :)

No, if you look at his' portrait, it says Pyro...

Yes I can see that but that doesn't mean it's official. @CaptainClam said there are sound files labelled as Wyro. So nothing is confirmed yet. But sticking with the Don’t Starve name of things, a name starting with a 'W' is a must, Maxwell is a one off, although his alternate name is Waxwell. As I said before yes the character portraits Pyro from TF2, but this is DS and Wyro could be a clever way for Klei to put their own spin on an already very recognisable character in gaming. Either way if it stays as Pyro no biggie.

Perhaps it accidently got shipped? It would not be the first time Klei has accidently shipped things. Maxwell's character portrait was in the game at least a month before he was playable.

But Pyro was in the game, replaced with Wigfrid and put back.

Archived