Character's unique items - will they be tradable?

123 members have voted

1. 1. How should the unique items work?

• They should be bound to their owners.
    • They should be tradable both in Coop and PvP.
    • They should be only tradable only in Coop mode.
    • They should be bound with the expection of Battle Helm and Battle Spear.

Some of the characters have access to unique items. And those are:

• Lucy the Axe;
  • Abigail's Flower;
  • Codex Umbra;
  • Pile o' Balloons;
  • Willow's Lighter;
  • Battle Helm and the Battle Spear;

Those things define the way you play the chosen hero. In single player you're free to drop them at any time so technically in multiplayer you will be able to pick them up and use with any other character.

My questions are:

• How do you guys feel about that?
  • Will that take away the uniqueness that some characters have?
  • Should the items be bound to their original owner and restricked from being picked up by others?
  • Should it be left as it is as a 'gate' for some advanced strategies in playing the multiplayer?

Special items should be bound to their chosen character (in a new additional "special item" slot in your inventory). It's these items that make their characters "unique" in a way. I suppose if you were to store or drop the special item, no other character will be able to pick them up. When you inspect another players special item you get the following message in game. Just substitute Oak's face with Kevin's.

25ba1b8d1640f9f2180399b24648097fca79bbfc

True. But items like Willow's Lighter, Wendy's Flower, Woodie's Axe etc...can't be crafted. Hence unique items.

Yes.  Wigfrid's items would be the exception.  I like to think she would want her allies well armed.  The other's would think their items are too precious to part with.

I like the idea that the items can be taken by other player's, just not used by them.

Like WX picking up Wendy's flower, WX is probably say something snarky about the flower and isnt going to be able to summon Abby.

But things like Wickerbottom's books everyone should be able to use since they're crafted items, same with Wigfrids stuff.

But things that aren't crafted, things like Wilson picking up WIllow's lighter "It won't catch for me."

But they should be able to pick them up at least, maybe if the player dies for good other characters can use the items?

Personally I prefer if player specific items remain with the players they are bound to in order to keep things a bit simpler and not have to expect someone like Wigfrid or Wolfgang using something like the Codex Umbra.

Unique items should only be usable by the character they belong to. How would Woodie feel about someone else using Lucy? Or if someone were to touch Willow's special lighter? The only exception should be Wickerbottom's books and maybe Wigfrid's battle equipment.

Wickerbottom's books and Wigfrid's items can be used or holded by other characters if you change world and have them in your inventory. The only difference is that the helm and the spear can be used but the books can't, which makes sense because Wickerbottom is the only one that has familiarity with said books and she is the only one that can use them with all of their potential. As for the other items, they shouldn't be holded by other characters. By that I mean that if a player that uses Wilson or another character that isn't Wendy, will not be able to pick the flower up (it may do like it does when you equip a backpack and you already have one: you drop the first backpack on the ground). Now you may ask me why. The reason is simple: the item is one, and if a player decided to steal your item and won't give it back to you, the item is lost (at least until the player dies).

I am wondering though if Maxwell will be able to read/use the books Wickerbottom crafts and if Wickerbottom will be able to read/use the Codex Umbra.

After Klei went through so much trouble to remove this "exploit" in single player?

(ok, Wickerbottom being able to read the Codex Umbra is exploitative, but I the other direction used to be just an interesting mechanic...)

After Klei went through so much trouble to remove this "exploit" in single player?

(ok, Wickerbottom being able to read the Codex Umbra is exploitative, but I the other direction used to be just an interesting mechanic...)

But of course! Isn't that usually how these things work?

I think Wigfrid's items should be shareable. They're mundane craftable, upgraded versions on non unique items. I think it would add value to her rather than take it away. She can get her crew geared up, but it's something that must be sustained, not like giving away Lucy.

I guess you could say that they're actually stage props, and it is her method acting that makes them work. But I don't see the problem with them being an exception to bound items.

Dark Sword, Battle Helm, Nightmare Armor (or whatever its called) at the very beginning of the game would be outrageously op.

I hope they uses Lucy's unused line "Your not Woodie!" When you pick her up, and if you try to cut a tree, she just flies out of your hand like a slippery tool.

Maybe you will burn yourself if you try to use Willow's lighter, or characters wont understand how to read Wickerbottoms books.

Using special items by other characters to a certain extent would be great, in my opinion. The fact that you can Pick up other characters' items would be good so you can give it back to them in case they die and get revived (if they don't get revived, their special item like disappears after dropped as 'loot' from them dying, like as if Mr. Skits would come out from the item and make it disappear (sounds cool, ei?). I think that the items that can be crafted could be used by any character even if they're specially made by a character, cause I mean Webber can make Spider eggs, which everyone can use and plant! I think that Wigfrid's battle spear and help should be possible to be used by any player, and all tho it might be too OP, it woildn't make sense logically. If someone wanted to use Abigail's flower, then abigail would protect only Wendy if she got attacked by something and only would follow her, all tho everyone could carry the floer just couldn't summon Abigail. Wes'pile o' balloons, Wickerbottom's books, Maxwell's Codex umbra would be possible to carry with any player as well, only the books couldn't be read by other players, so if they tried they would say "I can't read that" and for the balloons "I can't make any" or something like that. For Willow's lighter it'd be best if everyone could take it and use it, thought may be they would get sanity loss from that or something, idk, whatever Klei decides, goes.

Archived