I hope not. That adds a certain amount of annoyance for people who just want to jump into a multiplayer game.

sucks for them Its not Halo where you go in a lobby and boom your their it takes time you need to know the game to play with others

That's what singleplayer is for. Forcing the player to do something in singleplayer just to experience multiplayer is redundant.

And by that merit, then you should have to defeat Deerclops to access the mods screen. But you don't. I can't see that as a good idea, really.

I hope not. That adds a certain amount of annoyance for people who just want to jump into a multiplayer game.

Not really. It would help ensure that only experienced players would player multiplier and move the game along faster. I understand that people often jump into multiplayer without even playing single player, but DS isn't really the type of game that works best that way.

Besides, it would fit into the puzzle canon.

Klei has to also think it's silly to add an arbitrary barrier to playing multiplayer like adding craftable portals. It sounds neat but is actually unnecessary.

...unless they link it to singleplayer mode somehow, but I can't imagine.

I'd personally like to see steamworks integrated someway, that way you can invite people on your friends list to games and although VAC isnt the best its still better then nothing.

But its probably not for the best since a lot of people use the standalone

I'd personally like to see steamworks integrated someway, that way you can invite people on your friends list to games and although VAC isnt the best its still better then nothing.

But its probably not for the best since a lot of people use the standalone

me too.

Probably connecting via Direct-IP

In addition, this idea of "having to play single player first", it's nice in theory but remember, Klei is a company and that idea right there is bad for business.

Besides, multi player will be up being really empty otherwise... There would be no noobs to kill over and over ag... I mean, help over and over again...

Ye...

But think about it:

1. This makes a fine cost for death in MP.

2. People would have experienced how it feels like when one's base is burnt down, so that they won't just do so much griefing.

However, this is a fine cost for death in MP.

A cost that is far, far too steep for a good portion of the audience this feature(multiplayer) is intended to attract. It's just bad for business, as someone above me said.

That method takes ALL the fun out of it, for me.

Then that is their problem. This is only something to annoy the dung out of experienced players. They'd likely just end up DebugSpawning the portal in.

So what about this, a player would have to build a Wilson's Gate to unlock the MP mode.

They won't have to build it again.

sucks for them Its not Halo where you go in a lobby and boom your their it takes time you need to know the game to play with others

This would make Don't Starve Together impossible for people who don't have hours to waste on tedious tasks before they can have fun.

probaly portals like in the puzzle you would build it and by entering it would appear the servers

Logistically, how would you select a server this way?  And what does this method add?

Is it fun for the player?  I would say no.

Will it annoy people?  Absolutely.

Not really. It would help ensure that only experienced players would player multiplier and move the game along faster. I understand that people often jump into multiplayer without even playing single player, but DS isn't really the type of game that works best that way.

Besides, it would fit into the puzzle canon.

Fun is more important than being 100% canon.  If we're going to be slaves to canon, if you die as a character outside adventure mode that character is dead and gone forever.

But think about it:

1. This makes a fine cost for death in MP.

2. People would have experienced how it feels like when one's base is burnt down, so that they won't just do so much griefing.

The cost for death would be higher than in Dark Souls.  Let that sink in for a minute.

If this was true (it's not) then people wouldn't grief in Day Z.  Making death expensive just makes it easier for griefers, as they can ruin your experience much more effectively.

Archived