I don't know if it's because of HitD or something else, but today i had two strange and very annoying bugs happen consistently...

First, spider dens are invisible until i bump in them, and second, the sound stops for a second every 2-5minutes!

I will also post this in the bug report of Vanilla. In case it's not a problem with any mods.

Edited by julz1981

I don't know if it's because of HitD or something else, but today i had two strange and very annoying bugs happen consistently...

First, spider dens are invisible until i bump in them, and second, the sound stops for a second every 2-5minutes!

I will also post this in the bug report of Vanilla. In case it's not a problem with any mods.

Regular spider dens or poison spider dens?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was able to replicate it. It's regular spider dens.

Could not find anim [cocoon_small] in bank [spider_cocoon]Could not find anim [grow_sac_to_small] in bank [spider_cocoon]
(at least it's not a MemSpikeFix related issue :razz:) Edited by simplex

Just rerolled a new world, I see my spider dens just fine, both white and green... I've never had the sound pauses issues either, to me sound either works or it crashes the whole game (or rather FMOD decides that it 'cant get driver handles' or something and then I have to close all forms of media players, web browsers, etc before it starts working again, I guess it just hates my soundcard)

Was there a patch today or something by any chance, that could've broken it? I'm on standalone that doesn't autopatch unless I tell it to (yes I can check, but if it is indeed bugged I'd rather not LOL)

Edited by DeathDisciple

Just rerolled a new world, I see my spider dens just fine, both white and green...

Try going to a regular spider den, saving the game (while outside the web) and reloading. At least on my end, the den remains invisible after reloading until you walk over the web (which triggers the animation where it shakes, fixing the invisibility).

What fixed it for me was removing the anim.bin from anim/poisonspider_cocoon.zip. Since the animations in anim.bin are the same as the ones in vanilla's spider_cocoon.zip (both in animation name and in animation bank), it looks like there's an issue with readding an animation of the same name to a bank (but not consistently, otherwise all spider den animations would've broken). Either way, you don't need that anim.bin, since it just has the animations already in the game, so there's no harm removing it.

Was there a patch today or something by any chance, that could've broken it? I'm on standalone that doesn't autopatch unless I tell it to (yes I can check, but if it is indeed bugged I'd rather not LOL)

No patch today.

Just rerolled a new world, I see my spider dens just fine, both white and green... I've never had the sound pauses issues either, to me sound either works or it crashes the whole game (or rather FMOD decides that it 'cant get driver handles' or something and then I have to close all forms of media players, web browsers, etc before it starts working again, I guess it just hates my soundcard)

Try going to a regular spider den, saving the game (while outside the web) and reloading. At least on my end, the den remains invisible after reloading until you walk over the web (which triggers the animation where it shakes, fixing the invisibility).

What fixed it for me was removing the anim.bin from anim/poisonspider_cocoon.zip. Since the animations in anim.bin are the same as the ones in vanilla's spider_cocoon.zip (both in animation name and in animation bank), it looks like there's an issue with readding an animation of the same name to a bank (but not consistently, otherwise all spider den animations would've broken). Either way, you don't need that anim.bin, since it just has the animations already in the game, so there's no harm removing it.

No patch today.

I tried playing and finding poison dens, and it seems neither regular or poison dens were invisible this time around, glad to see i am not the only one though!

As for the sound, the bug is still there and annoyingly so. lol

Hm, interesting, It doesn't happen to me, but yeah I forgot to remove the anim, waaaay back. That's what I get for reusing hacked original assets heh. I should prob rename them not remove them tho, just in case they change in a way i'd rather not have.

I tried playing and finding poison dens, and it seems neither regular or poison dens were invisible this time around, glad to see i am not the only one though!

It's not super consistent for me: sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. But it almost always happens (and it never happens if I remove the anim.bin from poisonspider_cocoon.zip).

This is a screenshot shortly after reloading a save. There are two dens above me: the one on the left is visible because the tentacle killed one of its spiders, triggering its shake animation (I'm too lazy to check the actual animation name :razz:):

sWSAEMf.png

This is after walking over the right den's web:

UetjztT.png

Hm, interesting, It doesn't happen to me, but yeah I forgot to remove the anim, waaaay back. That's what I get for reusing hacked original assets heh. I should prob rename them not remove them tho, just in case they change in a way i'd rather not have.

If you're going to use krane to decompile the anim, change the bank name and recompile, I suggest doing that from the original spider_cocoon.zip (replacing its atlas-0.tex with the poison one before decompiling), since the anim.bin and build.bin in poisonspider_cocoon.zip had their hash tables stripped (you probably used Matt's build renamer). The latest krane does manage to decompile them, but the decompilation will not be as readable due to a bunch of things being named after 32 bit hex codes :razz:; and the animation symbol names will change after recompilation (to things like symbol_0123abcd), so overall it's not ideal.

If you're planning to hexedit the anim.bin manually... it'll be a lot of work. The bank is not a global property of the anim.bin file, it's a property of each anim (so there's one edit required for each animation). Furthermore, the bank is referred to by hash, so you'd need to compute the new hash and replace the old hash with it...

Edited by simplex
  • Like 1

Oh I'm quite sure you're right about the cause, it's just some freak loading order that is preventing me from reproducing it (I had some nonsense like taht in the past when dual core machine would get an issue every time and phenom x6 never would... made me feel like an idiot). 

If you're going to use krane to decompile the anim, change the bank name and recompile, I suggest doing that from the original spider_cocoon.zip (replacing its atlas-0.tex with the poison one before decompiling), since the anim.bin and build.bin in poisonspider_cocoon.zip had their hash tables stripped (you probably used Matt's build renamer). The latest krane does manage to decompile them, but the decompilation will not be as readable due to a bunch of things being named after 32 bit hex codes :razz:; and the animation symbol names will change after recompilation (to things like symbol_0123abcd), so overall it's not ideal.

If you're planning to hexedit the anim.bin manually... it'll be a lot of work. The bank is not a global property of the anim.bin file, it's a property of each anim (so there's one edit required for each animation). Furthermore, the bank is referred to by hash, so you'd need to compute the new hash and replace the old hash with it...

Isn't recalculating hashes fun? I'm sort of a type that tries everything the first time... but the way I typically go through it is actually old binaryconverter, since formats didn't change - from before krane was out, you know, something about habits dying slowly and all that.

Isn't recalculating hashes fun? I'm sort of a type that tries everything the first time... but the way I typically go through it is actually old binaryconverter, since formats didn't change - from before krane was out, you know, something about habits dying slowly and all that.

Let's see:

'p' == 112, so h := 112

'o' == 111, so h := 111 + h*2^6 + h*2^16 = 7347311

'i' = 105, so h := (105 + h*2^6 + h*2^16) % 2^32 = 947264553

's' == 115, so...

yeah... I'm not exactly giggling :razz:.

I "manually" changed bank names before, but my idea of manually is writing an ad hoc script.

EDIT: typo

Edited by simplex

Let's see:

'p' == 112, so h := 112

'o' == 111, so h := 111 + h*2^6 + h*2^16 = 7347311

'i' = 105, so h := (105 + h*2^6 + h*2^16) % 2^32 = 947264553

's' == 115, so...

yeah... I'm not exactly giggling :razz:.

I "manually" changed bank names before, by my idea of manually is writing an ad hoc script.

Exactly :p

Therefore my idea of manually is running binaryconverter input ->replace all X with Y in anim.txt -> output

Exactly :razz:

Therefore my idea of manually is running binaryconverter input ->replace all X with Y in anim.txt -> output

I usually computed the hash, printed it in hex and changed anim.bin directly using sed.

Which is essentially the same thing. :razz:

i was thinking. Is the morning star bugged? cause i don't do damage when i strike with it...i was thinking that when you strike while being wet it zap and don't do damage...then i saw the wiki and the 1.5 damage modifier...shocked( :D)

Just want to say, i feel like an idiot!

The sound skipping was not related to the game, it was probably something between my optical cable and the connection lol

I just replugged and now it's fine! :wilson_blush:

We have all done that at some point, don't feed bad :p

• Like 1

i was thinking. Is the morning star bugged? cause i don't do damage when i strike with it...i was thinking that when you strike while being wet it zap and don't do damage...then i saw the wiki and the 1.5 damage modifier...shocked( :grin:)

we fixed this bug, it will be in next update, which should be tonight ;)

• Like 1

well, 1 grave can spawn 1 skel at a time, however... ANY rotting meat item when it turns into rot has 50% chance to spawn a skel too. I'm not sure what caused that, but I'm willing to bet it's 'something' rotting (ham bats they hold perhaps? coz they eat meat themselves, the meat should never have a chance to rot in their presence)

i don't know if it is wanted but....pfouah, it's really hard to survive this : 

remember, NEVER dig graaves : http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3278931606050466630/F3223FB3A59E80916B52C0B23386D0D84D5F763C/

ok, 

1. How many open graves are there? (remember "Meat" has a chance to spawn skeletons ;) )

2. You should run in the middle of that and use your "turn undead" ability. (it's not as good as the clerics but it might take care of some of them)