So sorry to keep on posting, but I've run into another error playing *just* Hero in the Dark this time.

Anytime I level my Wizard from 2 to 3, the game crashes.

I went back and tested it with Godmode on so as to stand there and pound some Hounds, and it happens every time, no matter how I get the level.

Log and screenshot attached.

post-507919-0-38117400-1418460678_thumb.

log.txt

So sorry to keep on posting, but I've run into another error playing *just* Hero in the Dark this time.

Anytime I level my Wizard from 2 to 3, the game crashes.

I went back and tested it with Godmode on so as to stand there and pound some Hounds, and it happens every time, no matter how I get the level.

Log and screenshot attached.

Thanks for the report. Typo on my part, I've patched the live branch now, it will be live as soon as @kraken121 gets around to check & upload it. In the meantime, you could redownload whole mod patched directly from git archive or replace HeroInTheDark\scripts\prefabs\wizard.lua with the attached file.

Thanks for the report. Typo on my part, I've patched the live branch now, it will be live as soon as @kraken121 gets around to check & upload it. In the meantime, you could redownload whole mod patched directly from git archive or replace HeroInTheDark\scripts\prefabs\wizard.lua with the attached file. attachicon.gifwizard.lua

I will get that uploaded shortly.

I've gotten some weird bugs when dying inside a goblin dungeon, I'm not 100% sure it's HiTD, as I am running other mods. But just wanted to give a heads up to a possible bug.

Ok first bug was a wierd one, I was in the goblin dungeon and was getting overwhelmed with too many of them so I ran for the exit, and was close to dying. After I click on the exit the screen goes black and I can still hear the sound effect of being hit by goblins. The game crashes. I restart the game and log in, and my Paladin is now above ground at the dungeon exit, and it shows me the death animation and my pally drops dead....but....he still has 100 health. And instead of my game ending (since I had no touch stone or meat effigy), I am still in my pally game with him lying dead, but his health bar shows 100 health. I can't move him or do anything. Using the console I tried healing him by using the c_set_health command. His health bar goes up but he is still dead. So I save and quit, and try restarting the game, when I get back he is now alive again.....

The second bug was with my wizard. Same exact scenario as my paladin was in --- I'm in the goblin dungeon, I start getting overwhelmed with goblins and run for the exit. As I click on the exit, again the screen goes black, and I still hear the sound of goblins whacking on my wizard. Game crashes once again. But this time, I cannot restart my wizard game. The game save is still there, but when I try to load it, it crashes everytime.

Sorry I didn't think to take a screen shot at the time I got the crashes. But here is the image I get when I try to load up my wizard game:

post-592509-0-66334400-1424389744_thumb.

The crashes/unresponsive saves/fail to load after death on level changes is a vanilla game bug, not much we can do about it. As for that stacktrace, I've really no idea what to make out of it... GroundCreep is userdata, I have no idea how its save/load logic looks like in the first place or what could cause the failure.

In the wizard tab for me, he has the ability to make random items out of minerals (ice-cream out of an iron and silver, etc). If I scroll down in the tab the game crashes, and the world reloads as if I just created it. Is anybody else getting this?

Ignore my previous comment, it was part of a "trade" tab that I just got via "unlock build" (N tools) while testing some things in the mod. I am not sure if it is a normally obtainable tab, so it might just be for dev testing.

I guess it crashed 'cause this tab is supposed to be active only near the dwarf trader and go away when you leave...And the poor little crafting tab got confused and afraid in this dark forest...alone...

I guess it crashed 'cause this tab is supposed to be active only near the dwarf trader and go away when you leave...And the poor little crafting tab got confused and afraid in this dark forest...alone...

That would explain it. Since I haven't played much survival myself yet (I will just go into the game and marvel at the art ;3) I use debugspawn to mess around with everything that I find can be spawned. A lot of these things crash when they get interacted with, have missing art, etc, so I'm never quite sure what is an intended feature and what isn't.

Also, on the subject of the new update, is any of the art for the earlier structures being reworked? The shields and a bit low-quality compared to the other new bits of art, and some of the structures lack a bit.

That would explain it. Since I haven't played much survival myself yet (I will just go into the game and marvel at the art ;3) I use debugspawn to mess around with everything that I find can be spawned. A lot of these things crash when they get interacted with, have missing art, etc, so I'm never quite sure what is an intended feature and what isn't.

Also, on the subject of the new update, is any of the art for the earlier structures being reworked? The shields and a bit low-quality compared to the other new bits of art, and some of the structures lack a bit.

Well, i can't say that much 'cause i'm not the first one to know it...but i think i remember something about reworking the shields...

did we use placeholders for those or is my stuff already in?

Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but the version I have (the public version) doesn't have any high-quality shields, with the exception of one that uses the art in the Link mod.

Also, on this subject, if your using placeholder Link art for now, shouldn't you use the Wooden Shield from Link instead of the lower-res one you have/

Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but the version I have (the public version) doesn't have any high-quality shields, with the exception of one that uses the art in the Link mod.

Also, on this subject, if your using placeholder Link art for now, shouldn't you use the Wooden Shield from Link instead of the lower-res one you have/

I made a lot of HD ones (also a new wooden one), they arent in yet i guess :)

Looking forward to your new shields! I will commonly go into the game and just look at your art instead of playing, especially the forts! Also.... since you are the main artist, are you able to tell me if some things like the goblin huts, lava + iron rocks, and dungeon entrances (the staircase thing) are getting reworked? The art on those are also a bit outdated :3 (If this would be spoiling something, then don't bother leaking any info)

Thank you, now I feel really bad about not fixing the forts animations :D

Finishing all the artworks (lots of things, some more complexe and time consuming) that go into the mod has priority over redoing stuff i guess, but i wouldnt mind giving those huts some love afterwards :) they arnt really outdated, the artists just had problems with matching the look of the lineart of dont starve, even after 8 months or so i dont feel like i can reproduce the original look, just went there and made something as similar as possible :p 

• Like 1