[Sounds] Pleasuring your ear-holes

As the titles says, this is a thread about sound design in U&A!

Putting | to separate the member stuff just to make it neater.

Currently planned:

| Nik Tiddles: Shop Keeper harmonica sounds

Gurgling, burping, and squeaking for the gummy bears|

Any member: More ambient sounds

What we currently have:

| Some dapper tunes by Willette:

https://dl.dropboxus.../Theme Test.m4a

https://dl.dropboxus...Danger Test.m4a 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47288163/up%20and%20away%20smooth.mp3

Not sure if they're final, but I sure love them.|

If there are more sounds, tell me and I'll put it up.

Shall we move this to the sound thread? About the Gummy bears... high-pitched squeeks and low-pitched gurgles. I could do both with my voice and about half an hour of audio editing.

magic

if there's any weird editing needed, i think i had melodyne uno lying somewhere in the pc... it can be good for editing. Plus there's that weird Fl studio i can hardly use, but i might help with some ambient sounds.

magic

if there's any weird editing needed, i think i had melodyne uno lying somewhere in the pc... it can be good for editing. Plus there's that weird Fl studio i can hardly use, but i might help with some ambient sounds.

I like to think I'm good enough at custom sounds.

*Shameless spoiler of one of the mods I'm making in the spoiler, showing off custom sounds*

But thank you for the offer. XD

*Shameless spoiler of one of the mods I'm making in the spoiler, showing off custom sounds*

this mod is awesome

these sounds are awesome 

i'm more than happy that we now have the "pleasuring your ear-holes" thread XD

this mod is awesome

these sounds are awesome 

i'm more than happy that we now have the "pleasuring your ear-holes" thread XD

Danke schön! ^-^

but please, if my head gets too big it won't fit on the credits. huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

Believe it or not, but that was made from the stock wolf howl that every indie game with wolves in it uses,

I've made sounds with my own voice, but I wasn't quite as experienced then. I would very much like to see how it turns out with this.

Anyways,

What kinds of ambient sounds? Wind, maybe the Goose sounds every now and then (In the trailer, you see it fall from the sky) but not actually having it there would be funny. Maybe airplane sounds as a joke or balloons squeaking from the balloon hounds. Or hounds from overhead.

Danke schön! ^-^

but please, if my head gets too big it won't fit on the credits. huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

Believe it or not, but that was made from the stock wolf howl that every indie game with wolves in it uses,

I've made sounds with my own voice, but I wasn't quite as experienced then. I would very much like to see how it turns out with this.

Anyways,

What kinds of ambient sounds? Wind, maybe the Goose sounds every now and then (In the trailer, you see it fall from the sky) but not actually having it there would be funny. Maybe airplane sounds as a joke or balloons squeaking from the balloon hounds. Or hounds from overhead.

Wind actually exists, it plays when ash gets blown away. Definitely balloon squeaks. Like Willette said, a propellerish sound. Maybe a pseudo-tribal rhythm for the beanlets/owls.

You, sir, have pleased me earholes.

I feel so dirty now

Found one of Willette's old sound clips that she posted. :razz:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47288163/up%20and%20away%20smooth.mp3
Also, the more the merrier. Something the mod lacks in totality is custom sounds.

I quite like that. It sounds like something that'd play to an intro cutscene explaining the backstory. Not that we're planning on doing that; it's a nice fit overall.

You, sir, have pleased me earholes.

I feel so dirty now

'Least I didn't name it "penetrating your ear-drums" Anyhoo...

Yeah, I just got those cheesy stock wolf howls every indie game with wolves in it uses, deepened the pitch, did some echoes, other stuffs, spent like fourty minutes on them and I ended up with those! Pretty good for a sound done in audacity, I think. :p

I don't doubt other people can do better, but let's see how things turn out! 

One thing that could make Willette's music better :Bongos. Why? Why not? Maybe when you're around the owls tribal-y music could play. With bongos.

Uh, is there any program that could make some changes to the music files @Willette made?  I used to do some musicwriting myself, and I'd like to add some things, like maybe a few other instruments.

(Of course, if Willette doesn't mind...)

Uh, is there any program that could make some changes to the music files @Willette made?  I used to do some musicwriting myself, and I'd like to add some things, like maybe a few other instruments.

(Of course, if Willette doesn't mind...)

Not at all. There is audacity  , the thing Mr. Tiddles uses :3

another poorly recorded thing

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47288163/Danger%20Test2.m4a

Ooh.

Not bad, but the danger theme doesn't sound very dangerous really.

Gotta agree. It's much too slow for a combat theme.

yeah, playing things fast is truly hard for my fingers... but, maybe we can try to think of something with a fitting atmosphere? Combat isn't always fast... right?... 

Sorry that my friend hasn't really been able to deliver any music.

If you remembered that, anyway. >.<;;;

I did! ^_^

No need for you to be sorry.

He's a great composer, really... poor guy just never gets a break. Honestly, I don't know how he manages it all. x.x

Perhaps we shouldn't load him with even more to do then.

But if he would, I'm sure it would be good stuff.

Honestly, as far as music design is concerned, the work theme.....I dunno, I think it should have a light-hearted vibe to it. I mean, c'mon, you're among the clouds, and there's gummy bears and geese and marshmallow bees x3

Maybe some harp work, or something. I could start toying around with vsts to get an example going.

Archived