Two more new Animal ideas!

So, I've already thought of Meerfox, which many people liked, thought I don't think it grabbed any of the devs attention (probably, probably not, Idk). But I have seen people wanting some sorta hedgehogs in the game and every time I'm in the woods in DS I hear Owl sounds, so here are my two "great" ideas:

Pinehog

Wilson:

It's all spikey. Or all piney?

Pinehog is a mix of hedgehog and pine tree, meaning you can consider it half animal, half plant. It looks like a normal hedgegog but is green all over. It is attracted by mushrooms and during the day it looks for mushrooms (red mushrooms specifically, because during the evening it goes to sleep). If you approach it, it will roll into a ball, and if you step next to him, you'll get hurt, a bit like the Maxwell's traps, or bearger when he runs/walks at you. You can not pick them, but you can attack them. While they're rolled up in a ball, they will have 50% protection of whatever you're hitting them with, say with a spear. If yoy want to kill them easily you should use some long range weapon as they won't detect it coming. You can catch them by setting a trap and baiting them with any of the 3 kinds of mushroom caps. During the winter it won't come out. It spawns from a Spikey burrow which it sleeps in during the night and during the whole winter. Its walk speed is 4.0

Owlinx

Wilson:

That owl thing sure looks spooky

Owlinx is an animal mix of an Owl and a Linx. It spawns from Evergreen with a Burrow and comes out during the Dusk. It goes inside it during the Day. During Winter its look turns from a brownish fur to white, a lot like Rabbits do. It makes an Owl sound every so often. Its actions and movements are similar to Buzzards'. It is attracted by meat and flies around its spawn point. It has round spooky eyes that glow in the dark. The only references of a Linx you can see in it, is that it is attracted to meat (kind of a referance because Owls eat meat too) and its ears of a Linx.

So what do you think of my Pinehog and Owlinx ideas? They are not too developed and those Wilson sayings arewhat I came up with real quick. But I hope you like the general idea of them. And I'm hoping the Meerfox idea gets in the game someday.

I don't know why, but I do like the pinehog concept. I guess it could try to grab all the mushrooms you have stored in nearby chests, just like the snurtle/slurtle bite at your chests to take out minerals and then eat them while they are on the ground. I guess to be fair with the recent threads about summer, they could be summer exclusives.

One really funny thing is if you could actually plant the pinehog and it would turn into a lumpy evergreen =)

Sounds great and the Pinehog may have the ability like 10% chance while in ball form to roll away at like 2.0x your speed.

Interesting! I like where you're going.

May be my thing could be thinking of new characters! But guys, don't make those into mods, that'd just kinda wreck it.

One really funny thing is if you could actually plant the pinehog and it would turn into a lumpy evergreen =)

LOL

I don't know why, but I do like the pinehog concept. I guess it could try to grab all the mushrooms you have stored in nearby chests, just like the snurtle/slurtle bite at your chests to take out minerals and then eat them while they are on the ground. I guess to be fair with the recent threads about summer, they could be summer exclusives.

you sir have just described the words of the gods.

Hei, I never realised that guy mentioned the Pinehog as a summer exclusive! It'd be awesome to have them come out ONLY at summer. Nice catch there!

Thought, one creature as Summer exclusive isn't enough. Come on, people lets think more!

I think that the Pinehog it's a very good idea. Even more if we could plant it and grow lumpy evergreens! They could drop leafy meat or just morsel, maybe even leafy morsel, if the developers want! I think that the better place for them to spawn are the lumpy, right? And also, lumpy evergreens should drop more logs than regular ones.

About the owl, I don't now... a lynx? Why a lynx? I think it should be just a owl, you now, like the other birds.

In general, it's a very good idea, they should really implement it!  :encouragement:

What exactly is the point of having these?

And what is the point in having Catcoons? And what is the point in having rabbits? And what is the point in having moleworms? Etc. You know, I only thought to those as a start. I am not that kind of a person that could think of a good loot that would give special items or does somthing special to prevent you doing something. I can't think of that! I only thought of those to be there to bring the DS world more to life!

It seems you all already like the Pinehog idea and are thinking of some good loot and stuff they could do and where to spawn at mostly; that's cool!

It doesn't seem like there is much attention to Owlynx (sorry when I misspelled it as Owlinx). The idea was for it to have a point of the whooing sound in the woods area, else the sounds just come while you're in the biome from nowhere. I thought that Owl was needed, but having it just called Owl was kind of daft, so when I saw a video of a cat trying to scare off a lynx (lol) I saw lynx's ears and thought; hei those ears could really go to improve the Owl and make it something more than just an Owl. Right now this idea is still kind of not much referring to Lynx so if you have any ideas for it, I'd be glad to hear them.

And what is the point in having Catcoons? And what is the point in having rabbits? And what is the point in having moleworms? 

Catcoons are to be competed with for food, rabbits are a source of food, moleworms are so you can get very useful and needed Moggles.

Catcoons are to be competed with for food, rabbits are a source of food, moleworms are so you can get very useful and needed Moggles.

Exactly. My animals doesn't have any big uses, just the look ideas and their actions. It is YOUR (Everyone else's) suggestiong to what they do cuz I can't think of anything. Now do you see my point in these animals?

Eh, I think the Owl-with-ears idea has been done before:

0493.jpeg

Well, by real life...

Oh, well. I just have the feeling that Owlynx has to be in game. Plus I thought may be instead of bird legs, the Owlynx could have paws from a lynx. Either way if this animals isn't added in the real game, I'll add it to my mod.

Sounds great, but an owlinx would probably look pretty weird...

Tell me what DOESN'T look weird in this game? ;)

Here is kind of badly drawn Owlynx just so you get the idea of what I imagine it as a bit:

j6oevk.jpg

Of course someone else can make a better image. I can't draw creatures and I can't draw in Don't starve style :(

Decidoud biome? It's called PINEhog for a reason ;)

Ah, fair enough! I hadn't put my thinking cap on! :p

You're right ^.^

But, for some reason, I'm imagining something similar to that pokémon... Y'know.. the hedgehoggy one with a flower behind it's ear. It's been a long time.

I hope it'd look a bit more prickly than that ;)

Ah, fair enough! I hadn't put my thinking cap on! :p

You're right ^.^

But, for some reason, I'm imagining something similar to that pokémon... Y'know.. the hedgehoggy one with a flower behind it's ear. It's been a long time.

I hope it'd look a bit more prickly than that ;)

I imagines it quite simple: a hedgehog, with pines all over instead of spikes (the real difference would probably be the colour) and may be some bits and bobs from some plants on it, idk. But It's best to keep things quite simple else too much thrown in and you'll end up with a weird looking alien...

I imagines it quite simple: a hedgehog, with pines all over instead of spikes (the real difference would probably be the colour) and may be some bits and bobs from some plants on it, idk. But It's best to keep things quite simple else too much thrown in and you'll end up with a weird looking alien...

Funny, I imagined him more like a small sappling on the side, the tip of the sappling would be his nose and his tail would be like a small wooden trunk. Similarly to when rabbits flee in their hole when they get scared,  he could plant himself and look like a small sappling, just like the one you get when you plant a pine cone (or like the smallest tree). It would be a bit like the bush hat, but for the pinehog. Off course, he would be greenish and his spikes would be just like pine spikes.

He could even have a passive ''plant mode'', just like the Depth worms, where he would plant himself under certain circumstances, e.g. during a certain part of the day or during a certain season. 

Archived