Wargs part of Hound Attacks - multiplayer balance idea included OPTION 4

Should Wargs accompany Hounds during a Hound Attack?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No

Why is this on Don´t Starve together?

I could have started a new thread but then obviously all the effort everyone put into this thread would have gone to waste.

This would definitely be something to add to multiplayer (now that we know things will be easier with 2-4 players) so I was hoping we could improve/add to this suggestion to rebalance Don't Starve Together.

I'm thinking making Vargs spawn much earlier now, we originally thought at day 50, so that might be the first change.

Edit: @DwerBomb suggested the chance rate starting from day 20 onwards. Wanted to know what he thinks now that we can help each other to take on Vargs.

I could have started a new thread but then obviously all the effort everyone put into this thread would have gone to waste.

This would definitely be something to add to multiplayer (now that we know things will be easier with 2-4 players) so I was hoping we could improve/add to this suggestion to rebalance Don't Starve Together.

I'm thinking making Wargs spawn much earlier now, we originally thought at day 50, so that might be the first change.

Sorry, WE? Everyone? There is enough people against this for it to not be a thing. 

If anything, make it optional.

@TheKingofSquirrels yep but twice as more who do.

Edit: yep that is one of the ideas. To have an option in world customisation menu. Edit 2.

Also I'm hoping it catches on now that we can help each other on "supposedly" harder monsters. Personally the more challenging it is the more fun it becomes working together to overcome it.

@TheKingofSquirrels yep but twice as more who do.

First off, polls do not represent the entire community. Forcing this on the rest of us would be massively unfair.

Dude, I made a poll about implementing cannibalism in the game and we won by 75%, but it still doesn´t make it right to force players who don´t want it.

Also, making harder monsters doesn´t mean repeating them, that´s just lazy and uninspired.

First off, polls do not represent the entire community. Forcing this on the rest of us would be massively unfair.

Dude, I made a poll about implementing cannibalism in the game and we won by 75%, but it still doesn´t make it right to force players who don´t want it.

Lol relax I'm not forcing anything. If you feel like I am, I apologise. I like the idea, I feel it could potentially work if it was introduced in Don't Starve Together, so with anyone who is interested in my idea we can help make it better and, maybe get added.

If everyone is happy to have it added as an on/off option in world customisation then I suppose it would be a good thing to have in RoG as well, for those who won't be playing much online.

Edit: my initial response by saying twice as more people want it, was to your comment

"There is enough people against this for it to not be a thing"

So saying this

"First off, polls do not represent the entire community."

Can work against you too.

Lol relax I'm not forcing anything. If you feel like I am, I apologise. I like the idea, I feel it could potentially work if it was introduced in Don't Starve Together, so with anyone who is interested in my idea we can help make it better and, maybe get added.

If everyone is happy to have it added as an on/off option in world customisation then I suppose it would be a good thing to have in RoG as well, for those who won't be playing much online.

Edit: my initial response by saying twice as more people want it, was to your comment

"There is enough people against this for it to not be a thing"

It´s fine, to be honest, I´m just sad that I can´t eat people...

I see your point. You want to add more diffuculties if there are more players fighting, and that's fine. But the problem is that the vargs are part of the dlc and not of the vanilla ds. That means that, because the multiplayer update will be an update of the normal game, you can't add the wargs attacks in the standard game but only in the RoG dlc.

I see your point. You want to add more diffuculties if there are more players fighting, and that's fine. But the problem is that the vargs are part of the dlc and not of the vanilla ds. That means that, because the multiplayer update will be an update of the normal game, you can't add the wargs attacks in the standard game but only in the RoG dlc.

Very true. But then having it as an option to turn on or off for RoG and having RoG integrated into Don't Starve Together for those who have the DLC would still be a possibility.

I wonder what JoeW meant when I asked him about this....

Definitely not. Late game hounds are just an artificial threat encouraging turtling. If anything, hounds an depth worms should've already been removed from the game by now, or at least had their place as a day 150+ mechanic profoundly changed.

How about introduce wargs to hound attacks, but increase the time between hound attacks, so you can leave your base more often and longer without the worry of being caught off guard by an attack

How about introduce wargs to hound attacks, but reduce the time between hound attacks, so you can leave your base more often and longer without the worry of being caught off guard by an attack

You mean increase the time, to allow more time in between hound attacks to explore.

I was thinking to keep things unpredictable, there shouldn't be a fixed chance of Vargs spawning. Rather a chance for 0%-50% of a single Varg spawning after day 50.

Another thought is to make Vargs spawn only during the days of a full moon. So a Varg can have a chance to spawn only during this time, during the day or at night.

Thoughts?

Yeah but what if this was added into Don't Starve Together? Wouldn't having an extra "pair of hands" make my suggestion easier?

It would surely make things a lot easier (and more fun, if not challenging for both players), but the "punishment of the warg" should be implied randomly only when you're with 2 or more people at once (if you don't want the challenge and change a setting or something)

The idea is quite amazing, I must say. I'd love to see it be used in the game :)

It would surely make things a lot easier (and more fun, if not challenging for both players), but the "punishment of the warg" should be implied randomly only when you're with 2 or more people at once (if you don't want the challenge and change a setting or something)

The idea is quite amazing, I must say. I'd love to see it be used in the game :)

Thanks! Also nice profile pic. Goes well with what you just said :)

Just a quick question. If difficulty is scaled up with more players on a team, should Vargs spawn hounds during hound attacks? My original idea was based around single player gameplay. Now that we have the potential for 2-4 players would it be too easy if Vargs didn't spawn more hounds?

Varg has been added to the world customization screen. I have yet to see what it does, but my guess would be it allows you to turn Vargs on and off to appear at the end of tracks. Can someone please confirm as I can't get at my pc for a few days. Work related trip.

Edit: confirmed through a friend that the new Varg option in world customisation is to turn on and off Vargs appearing after tracking. Which is pretty good. So that makes RoG a bit easier if you only want to see Koalefant while tracking.

Archived