Achievements please

See, there you go again attaching your own slant on to what other people/I have said. If I were OP, I might read into someone's comments initially, but after I've been told otherwise, I wouldn't still insist that I'm right. A parallel can be made right here in this very thread between you and me. Do you see what I'm getting at?

I'm really glad you're not a mod. The amount of unnecessary infraction points would be overwhelming. I also hope you have a good rest of the day, you seem to need it. (don't read into that because that's exactly what I mean).

just a heads up you guys, fighting like this is kinda immature and also not part of this topic and not good to influence new posters

just a heads up you guys, fighting like this is kinda immature and also not part of this topic and not good to influence new posters

Now that I agree with. Sometimes I cannot help but defend myself when I'm being falsely accused of something. Back to the topic [even though achievements are not going to happen *rainbows* *butterflies* *happy emoticons*]

This is still a thing? Why must people make threads without researching things first.

I'm not trying to call anyone out, but we could reduce the spam of threads like this were getting if people actually looked.

Also, the devs hate achievements.

If there was any achievement, it would be ride a koalefant ride a beefalo

This is still a thing? Why must people make threads without researching things first.

I'm not trying to call anyone out, but we could reduce the spam of threads like this were getting if people actually looked.

Also, the devs hate achievements.

If there was any achievement, it would be ride a koalefant ride a beefalo

Ā 

I think its because there's no stickied "What not to suggest" thread just one that says the devs themselves will not add mulitplayer

Ā 

So really unless you want to dig through hundreds of threads new forum goers have no idea that this has been suggested before

I'm annoyed by this game on the PS4. Ā It was fun until the Adventure Mode portal finding became such a chore. Ā Maybe the developers think everyone just easily wins the Adventure Mode on their first few tries. Ā Why do I have to spawn a new map just to try adventure mode on each character, that's 6 times that I have to go looking for the portal. Ā What is the purpose of that particular torture?

Ā 

Also, spawning Wes and the bug for PS4 has made me so cranky, that I think Wes shouldn't be tied into Adventure Mode anymore. Ā The whole thing is just ridiculously difficult. Ā The game is not longer fun anymore. Ā 

Ā 

If you hate trophies so much, you should consider that we don't like them either, but since they exist we still have to earn them, or else we go insane with that 85% after hitting the accomploshrine 725 times. Ā If it happens that I never get Wes, the chances of me buying Don't Starve 2 will be 0.

I'm annoyed by this game on the PS4. Ā It was fun until the Adventure Mode portal finding became such a chore. Ā Maybe the developers think everyone just easily wins the Adventure Mode on their first few tries. Ā Why do I have to spawn a new map just to try adventure mode on each character, that's 6 times that I have to go looking for the portal. Ā What is the purpose of that particular torture?

Ā 

Also, spawning Wes and the bug for PS4 has made me so cranky, that I think Wes shouldn't be tied into Adventure Mode anymore. Ā The whole thing is just ridiculously difficult. Ā The game is not longer fun anymore. Ā 

Ā 

If you hate trophies so much, you should consider that we don't like them either, but since they exist we still have to earn them, or else we go insane with that 85% after hitting the accomploshrine 725 times. Ā If it happens that I never get Wes, the chances of me buying Don't Starve 2 will be 0.

Ā 

The more I read the more confused I got

Ā 

This is the first time I've heard of Don't Starve 2

*magically teleports into the thread*

Ā 

Why. Why? WHY?! WHHHYYY do we have to keep going over these same suggestions over and over....if any of us seem quick to judge on Achievements or multiplayer, it's only because it's been suggested a hundred thousand times!

Ā 

And the Klei devs have rather adamantly said that they do not see achievements fitting into the vision of Don't Starve. Period. They only added a few lame ones to the PS4 version likely because of Sony's pestering.

Ā 

Repeatedly spamming MULTIPLAYER/ACHIEVZPLZKTHXBAI into the suggestions and feedback forum officially started being considered a poor habit to undertake a long while ago(granted, not so long ago for achievements, but it still applies now). So, that's why there's so much animosity towards those two ideas.

Ā 

It does not matter how well-thought out, or detail-rich the idea's version is, it's never, ever going to happen. And everyone that comes onto this forum, apparently, needs to find that out, one way or another. If you poke around the stickied threads, you'll see for yourself. Good day to you, everyone. May your day be calm and merriful.

Ā 

*teleports out of thread*

*magically teleports into the thread*

Ā 

Why. Why? WHY?! WHHHYYY do we have to keep going over these same suggestions over and over....if any of us seem quick to judge on Achievements or multiplayer, it's only because it's been suggested a hundred thousand times!

Ā 

And the Klei devs have rather adamantly said that they do not see achievements fitting into the vision of Don't Starve. Period. They only added a few lame ones to the PS4 version likely because of Sony's pestering.

Ā 

Repeatedly spamming MULTIPLAYER/ACHIEVZPLZKTHXBAI into the suggestions and feedback forum officially started being considered a poor habit to undertake a long while ago(granted, not so long ago for achievements, but it still applies now). So, that's why there's so much animosity towards those two ideas.

Ā 

It does not matter how well-thought out, or detail-rich the idea's version is, it's never, ever going to happen. And everyone that comes onto this forum, apparently, needs to find that out, one way or another. If you poke around the stickied threads, you'll see for yourself. Good day to you, everyone. May your day be calm and merriful.

Ā 

*teleports out of thread*

AFAIK there is NO sticky about achievements, so no reason to jump down their throats. If you are so tired of reading the threads about it and can't be bothered to post a reply in a polite manner, then everyone should request a sticky on this topic.

AFAIK there is NO sticky about achievements, so no reason to jump down their throats. If you are so tired of reading the threads about it and can't be bothered to post a reply in a polite manner, then everyone should request a sticky on this topic.

No, there isn't. But there may as well be one. Both of these things are against the developers' vision for this game, is the point i'm trying to make. And the reason for there being so few, quote unquote, "polite" responses, I already answered that, too. If it's been suggested once, it's been suggested a hundred times. And frankly, a lot of us are sick of it.

Ā 

Perhaps there would be less animosity amongs me, and a lot of other forumgoers if people would use the search function and look up such things before posting. For the 295th time.

No, there isn't. But there may as well be one. Both of these things are against the developers' vision for this game, is the point i'm trying to make. And the reason for there being so few, quote unquote, "polite" responses, I already answered that, too. If it's been suggested once, it's been suggested a hundred times. And frankly, a lot of us are sick of it.

Ā 

Perhaps there would be less animosity amongs me, and a lot of other forumgoers if people would use the search function and look up such things before posting. For the 295th time.

Ā 

That's still no reason to be rude to people that are new to the forums. If there is no official sticky or announcement from the Devs about this topic, then how can others see their vision? How can you so loosely enforce it? All you are doing by acting that way are turning people off to the forums,Ā  If you are so sick of it, then request a sticky or ignore the thread, it's that simple.

Ā 

Ā 

The search function isn't all that great tbh, unless the exact term you're searching isnt the title of the thread or a tag it doesn't show up

Ā 

So if someone suggested achievements in a thread titled "Things I'd like to see added" and didn't bother tagging it then it doesn't show up in the search

you for example have been in these forums for 9 months and have made 1420 posts, that's about 158 posts per month. Not everyone is that "active"...

Ā 

That is still no excuse to jump down new forum members throats for posting suggestions in the suggestion forums ....for something that is not even a sticky...

Ā 

You like this game right? So you would like to see others enjoy it right? Then why would you try to be so detrimental to the forum community?

I know this is just going to cause more problems but kraken all of your posts have come across aggressive... i feel you have been more detrimental in your posts because you have completely derailed the topic to argue against others whose opinion merely imitates what the creators themselves have said repeatedly.

While i agree it sucks to be a new person with something they may seem like a shiny new idea... they neglected to look for information. .. just a Google search will pull up comments about devs not Wanting Achievements in the first place (hit number 4 google search: don't starve more achievements)

Though i would like for the forums to make it easier to identify us newbies (aside from clicking on someone i dont even know how to see that) OR for a list of please don't suggest this anymore tagged as the first couple of threads...

(Ps my tone is neutral and not intended to sound condescending or argumentative merely an observation from someone who wishes there could be less fighting in threads in general)

Archived