Don't Starve PS4 - Patch Notes (Now available in Europe!)

Wade

• Developer

Hey all,

We've now gone live with a new patch for Don't Starve PS4 which will fix a lot of the issues that some people are encountering in the game, along with some changes which should improve the player experience. Unfortunately, this patch is currently only available for the North and South American markets, but will be available to the European markets early next week.

Don't Starve: Console Edition

Version 1.01

Improvements:
- New HUD Size Settings:  We've now added a "HUD Size" option to the Settings screen to allow the player to increase or decrease the size of the HUD and in-game text to improve the readability when playing on smaller displays.

- Auto Save Improved:  We have changed the Auto Save feature so that it will now automatically save the game after every full day in Gameplay. We have added an option to Settings to allow the player to toggle the daily auto save on and off. 

- Better Rock Lobster A.I.:  Rock Lobster followers will now function properly when travelling between the surface and the caves.

Fixes:
-  Addressed rare crashes related to attempting actions on world objects while they are being lit on fire, and certain rare creatures being spawned into the world.

-  Addressed issues with part of Mini-Map disappearing or displaying wrongly under certain circumstances.

-  Fixed an issue with resurrection after dying in the ruins and descending back into them.

-  The Wes unlockable character will now spawn correctly in Adventure mode.

Wade, do you think if it's possible to add an option to hide automatically after a certain time the construction menu and the inventory (in fact the complete HUD lol) because my Panasonic Plasma TV don't appreciate persistent pictures...

Or maybe an option to set the transparency ?

My plasma tv will thank you lol

;)

Thanks for the update. I hope this means the fog regenerating over the map is fixed.

I was wondering if you were aware of the pengull bug? They have disappear after my first few winters and haven't returned since. I have tried walking all around the water coast at winter time with no results. I know this is a wide spread problem, as I have come across multiple other players experiencing the same issue.

I hope you guys can look into this soon, I'm loving the game by the way :)

Thanks for the update. I hope this means the fog regenerating over the map is fixed.

I was wondering if you were aware of the pengull bug? They have disappear after my first few winters and haven't returned since. I have tried walking all around the water coast at winter time with no results. I know this is a wide spread problem, as I have come across multiple other players experiencing the same issue.

I hope you guys can look into this soon, I'm loving the game by the way :-)

That's not a PS4 thing. Pengulls are a finite resource and eventually will run out after several winters (if all killed.) 

Ever since the update I'm lucky to get through a single game day without the game crashing. Is this a problem for anyone else? A fix would be greatly appreciated, I know their fast at fixing these issues. Also I'm on day 366, this problem didn't occurre until after day 362 and the update.

I actually dont understand why eu get the patch later then the US , it's always with every game?

Wade replied on an other topic:

Sorry, we'll push the Euro patch as soon as it's certified. It was originally submitted the same time as the NA version, but a technical issue forced us to have to then submit it again a couple days later.

;)

Is the EU patch still on for this week then? I wasn't really sure if that comment Alex quoted was regarding the reason it was to be expected later in the first place, or if Wade was saying it had been delayed beyond his early next week (now this week) estimate. I kinda assume it's the former, but just to be clear.

They die out when the season ends. Sorry if not clear. I meant the "rebirthing" of threm jumping up from the shore if you happen to go near a border. Pengulls don't go to old rookeries either. 

Well, the icons where they once were are still there. I don't know why they don't just disappear after winter.

Yeah even a yes or no as to whether or not we should still expect it this week would be great. Technically we're into late this week now lol.

I seen SCEA give a realtime certification process with all steps in realtime so maybe Wade can tell us what about.

;)

• Developer

The patch is still being reviewed by Sony Europe.

Generally, we aim to have the patches release at the same time, but it all depends on what the different regions find. For the issue with the Euro patch, it was also present in the NA patch, but we were able to get Sony Americas to waive the problem.

Sony Europe always takes longer time than Sony America to certify patch...

When exactly you submitted the patch (I talk about the second submission because you told us you re-submitted the patch) ? It's to give an idea because Sony Europe certify in 1-2 weeks max.

Thanks for your reply.

;)

• Developer

The patch would have been resubmitted to Sony last Friday morning. Once it is submitted, it then sits in a queue until the Sony Certification team has the resources available to test the submission. We have received confirmation that they have started testing it, so it should be only another day or so.

Once again, I apologize for the delay, and we will release the patch as soon as we get the approval.

Archived