"Adventure" Question

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and to the game and I have a question about Adventure.

So about 20 minutes ago I randomly found Maxwell's Portal (on PS4) and I entered it to find that snow is everywhere and I can already tell I'll freeze to death. So that leads me to my question - if I die, what will happen? Will my save get deleted? Will I be put back into Survival? Will I be put back to the beginning of the Adventure? I have no idea what to think so I'm worried. I really want to unlock Maxwell and actually complete the game but I don't want to continuously be set back in Survival and mindlessly roam about trying to find the Portal since it was difficult to find at first! So if someone can tell me what'll happen, I'd really appreciate it. :grin:

Thanks!

Thanks guys for the hospitality! So now matter how many times I die in Adventure 1 - 5, I'll spawn in front of Maxwell's Portal? How about if I got in Adventure 2 - 5, would the same thing happen or would it set me back before going in the portal thing you make?

Thanks guys for the hospitality! So now matter how many times I die in Adventure 1 - 5, I'll spawn in front of Maxwell's Portal? How about if I got in Adventure 2 - 5, would the same thing happen or would it set me back before going in the portal thing you make?

You also would start in front of the door and have to beat the first level of Adventure again.

I would like to know if it's possible to win in Don't Starve? Or is it just the matter of how long until you die? Is there any advantage in playing sandbox mode, as opposed to just rush to finding Maxwell's door?

You complete adventure mode to feel really accomplished and to unlock Maxwell and find out a secret (or what used to be a secret) about the world of Don't Starve and Maxwell. You can also try to find Wes along the way. I personally only beat it once because I don't really want to go through the stress and difficulty of that mode again, at least not yet. But overall the meat of the game is Sandbox, not Adventure. And when you beat Adventure you just end up back in your Sandbox game anyways. Obviously, Sandbox is sandbox which means no objective or true endgame, just survive as long as you want to or as long as you can.

Yes, no matter how many times you die in Adventure mode, you will appear outside of the door in Sandbox mode, but some time will pass in Sandbox Mode from when you entered to when you "exited." This means multiple attempts will eventually cause you could be starting at dawn there but could be ending up eventually "exiting" at night.

Be careful you note what your "sandbox" character has on them, as if you think you might not need any food/light generation from when you are starting, multiple failures can say otherwise even if it happens slowly. Secondly, you are surrounded by Evil Flowers. Stand on/near them and you'll understand.  

As previously noted, the other catch is you have to start over from the first Adventure world no matter what final world you died in. 

Also, there is a 1% chance per Adventure Mode playthrough in one of the first four Worlds you might...find somebody who needs your help.

Archived