The Binding Of Isaac Thread

DwerBomb

yea but then you said the one with the leg, which isn't right. it confused me, and rightfully so.

I said "The one with the leg" because mom appears a couple of times, so I was letting you know it was the one where the leg comes through the roof and stomps you. Understand now? I said that as to not confuse people, but it seems to have done the opposite.

I REALLY hate overly retro-looking games though. I just see it as lazy and nothing more. In each case I can think of, an updated artstyle would have helped more than hurt. I'm looking at you, Risk of Rain, most recently anyway.

The retro style of Rebirth IS an upgraded artstyle! It will make the game run better, without all the problems that Flash makes in the original BoI.

The retro style of Rebirth IS an upgraded artstyle! It will make the game run better, without all the problems that Flash makes in the original BoI.

I think making it on an entirely new engine is what'll really make it run better. Those graphics are nothing.

Retro means pixel-y, right?

in this case, yes, but retro just means like imitating an old style.

It will no longer need Flash. What do you mean with change engine? Flash is the engine of the BoI, isn't it?

currently, yes, but it won't be in Rebirth. That will be the cause of the increased performance, not dated-looking graphics.

And without Flash the 16 bit art style is the best way to make it work.

It's going to a more robust engine. The artstyle is largely irrelevant in terms of performance. The only reason he gave for the old artstyle is that he was "tired of it."

unless you saw some new info I didn't

so really you're not arguing about anything other than that you like 16-bit better. You coulda just lead with that ;)

Actually, I like the Flash art more, but because of the fact that I have played so much TBoI, I don't know if I would like to play a remake that looks like the original... As I said, changing is better.

Actually, I like the Flash art more, but because of the fact that I have played so much TBoI, I don't know if I would like to play a remake that looks like the original... As I said, changing is better.

I can see your point, and I normally do not go with the "older is better" point of view, but in this case, it doesn't improve anything.

I can see your point, and I normally do not go with the "older is better" point of view, but in this case, it doesn't improve anything.

It improves by not being Flash. I haven't played TBoI precisely because of that. And I've been anxiously waiting for Rebirth.

Yes. I should've read the context of the current discussion, sorry. I don't have an opinion on the art style change itself since I didn't play the original.

So a game can have Flash animation even if it doesn't work on Flash?

I'm not talking about flash animation. I'm talking about the art. Like I could draw Isaac and it look exactly like the one in the game, but I use no Flash. (if I was a good artist, but I'm not)

Yes. They can be exported and used by the engine's animation subsystem. In fact, Kevin mentioned Don't Starve's animations are made in Flash.

But as jbeetle put it, whether the animations are done in Flash or not does not define the art style.

Or not. Seems my computer just derped and made it seem like I double posted. Oops.

As I was saying:

This game drives me nuts. Seriously, I dropped so many F-Bombs it's not even funny. I nearly punched my monitor. So. Freaking. Hard. AAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH

SO on the topic of anger and hate, what are the enemies you hate the most? Bosses and normal enemies?

I hate Trites and Peep.

Also, I encountered Krampus. 

Yes. They can be exported and used by the engine's animation subsystem. In fact, Kevin mentioned Don't Starve's animations are made in Flash.

But as jbeetle put it, whether the animations are done in Flash or not does not define the art style.

Thank you for the infos! :)

Yes, I know it. I just wanted to ask that question to you because I know you are good with this things ;)

Or not. Seems my computer just derped and made it seem like I double posted. Oops.

As I was saying:

This game drives me nuts. Seriously, I dropped so many F-Bombs it's not even funny. I nearly punched my monitor. So. Freaking. Hard. AAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH

SO on the topic of anger and hate, what are the enemies you hate the most? Bosses and normal enemies?

I hate Trites and Peep.

Also, I encountered Krampus. 

Masks just Masks every other enemy i can deal with (yes i can deal with Chubbers and the Green Gapers) but Masks no not even close i always take a hit against them if i have no flying item (what is hard to get if you don't play as isaac and don't get a lucky D6 drop)

Bosses hmmmmmmmm maybe the Bloat and Mask of Infamy both are just evil if you don't have items to deal with them

Masks just Masks every other enemy i can deal with (yes i can deal with Chubbers and the Green Gapers) but Masks no not even close i always take a hit against them if i have no flying item (what is hard to get if you don't play as isaac and don't get a lucky D6 drop)

Bosses hmmmmmmmm maybe the Bloat and Mask of Infamy both are just evil if you don't have items to deal with them

I've only encountered masks once, and I think I've encountered Bloat but I've never encountered Mask of Infamy.

Archived