"MOD IDEA" sleeping bonus

julz1981

You may know that sleeping is pretty much useless in this game, i for one sleep very rarely, like once every 20-30 days maybe? i never need to...

But i always wanted sleeping to be more useful, so...why not add sleeping bonuses?

Like for exemple, after sleeping, you could have 10% faster walking speed, or hit 10% stronger or maybe even lose sanity and hunger slower for the rest of the day?

Or maybe even force us to sleep at least once a week or something.

Please, if any of you got more ideas, feel free to add yours

Cheers,

Julz

To be honest id prefer to add penalties for going extended lengths without sleep rather than bonuses for fulfilling a basic need.  Though a  'well rested' perk you can maintain for a few 'hours' each game morning wouldnt be overkill as long as you have to maintain a good sleep habit before you qualify to get it.

I agree with seronis to some extent, but for some playstyles in which you lose a lot of sanity and health daily (my reckless running about the caves and swamps and such) sleeping becomes an integral part of that, otherwise im either always nearly dead or always insane

yes like in fallout games, yo be well rested after sleeping in your own bed for a limited time.

i like idea instead of where you get penalty for NOT sleeping... you will go crazy in real life if you dont sleep for a few days!!!

I agree with seronis to some extent, but for some playstyles in which you lose a lot of sanity and health daily (my reckless running about the caves and swamps and such) sleeping becomes an integral part of that, otherwise im either always nearly dead or always insane

i am always in caves, fighting monsters and i am practically never insane :p

But i get that a lot of people probably gets insane easilly, but i'm just such a sane guy :juggling:

To be honest id prefer to add penalties for going extended lengths without sleep rather than bonuses for fulfilling a basic need.  Though a  'well rested' perk you can maintain for a few 'hours' each game morning wouldnt be overkill as long as you have to maintain a good sleep habit before you qualify to get it.

penalties could also work, as long as something gives an incentive to sleep, maybe for every day that you dont sleep, you start losing sanity quicker?

penalties could also work, as long as something gives an incentive to sleep, maybe for every day that you dont sleep, you start losing sanity quicker?

No. no. no. that would punish people starting out to much, the materials (and food) necessary to sleep aren't available from the beggining of the game, i propose that, after going a certain amount of days without sleeping. hallucinations would appear without you going insane, not some crazy amount, but a couple would appear and if you continuously didnt sleep, they would ramp up in strength and appearance until you're pretty much forced to sleep.

No. no. no. that would punish people starting out to much, the materials (and food) necessary to sleep aren't available from the beggining of the game, i propose that, after going a certain amount of days without sleeping. hallucinations would appear without you going insane, not some crazy amount, but a couple would appear and if you continuously didnt sleep, they would ramp up in strength and appearance until you're pretty much forced to sleep.

Good idea, i like it!

Can someone make this happen? i guess it shouldn't be too hard since hallucinations appear in ruins without having to be insane?

Archived